View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Standout College players 2014 
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post Standout College players 2014
Those of you that watch CFB, what players are standing out to you? I like getting observations from people around the country who may be better aware of local players.

I watch a fair bit of Big 12 FB, and a lot of TCU's players stand out to me. Trevone Boykin is a heck of a QB. He's got an accurate long ball, runs great when he needs to, is quite good at reading the field and making good decisions. I think he's a junior, so he may not be out for the draft this year.

Other guys: WRs Listenbee and Doctson (6' 4") are very talented.

LB Paul Dawson is impressive.

Anyone in the Big 10, SEC, Pac 10 or other conferences catching your eye?

Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:48 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Post Re: Standout College players 2014
Gurley did before his suspension...

I am really impressed with Dak Prescott. He could be a stud in the NFL if he keeps improving like he has.

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

Most of the people around here are SEC fans so i get to watch some of their games during get togethers but I dont usually pay close attention early in the year.

MLB AJ Johnson from Tennessee looked impressive in the bits I saw.
WR Amari Cooper of 'bama looks great.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:55 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Texas Vike wrote:
Those of you that watch CFB, what players are standing out to you? I like getting observations from people around the country who may be better aware of local players.

I watch a fair bit of Big 12 FB, and a lot of TCU's players stand out to me. Trevone Boykin is a heck of a QB.

Boykin just keeps getting better. This week: 433 yards and 7 TDs.

Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:59 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Texas Vike wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:

I watch a fair bit of Big 12 FB, and a lot of TCU's players stand out to me. Trevone Boykin is a heck of a QB.

does anyone know if Trevone is related to Brandon or Jarrett Boykin? Seem to be a lot of Boykin's coming up, both Jarrett and Brandon have found some success in the NFL, but I can't find any relation between them when I looked into it.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:36 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

saint33 wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:

does anyone know if Trevone is related to Brandon or Jarrett Boykin? Seem to be a lot of Boykin's coming up, both Jarrett and Brandon have found some success in the NFL, but I can't find any relation between them when I looked into it.

Doesn't look like it:

Trevone is from Mesquite, TX. Jarrett is from Chattanooga, TN. Brandon is from Georgia.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:31 pm
Backup

I am an Iowa fan and cant say enough about Brandon Scherff but the one guy I have seen in a couple of games that just jumps off the screen is DE Alvin Dupree of Kentucky. He is everywhere and constantly causing havoc in other teams backfield. I have seen him mocked in 2nd and 3rd rounds but this kid has got it.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:07 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Some of the season awards are narrowing down their finalists; lots of good draft prospects to keep an eye on during the final weeks of the CFB season and the bowl games:
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/i ... -finalists

Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:36 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

WR Tyler Lockett from Kansas St. is a heck of a player. He's only 5-11, 175, but he catches everything.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:07 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Texas Vike wrote:
WR Tyler Lockett from Kansas St. is a heck of a player. He's only 5-11, 175, but he catches everything.

Yes, Kevin Lockett's son is great. Broke some of his dads records there at KSU.
I don't think that Cooper will last until the Vikings pick, somewhere around 10 as it stands. There are a bunch of good wide outs again in this draft so the Vikings could do well at that position in the later rounds. Need to upgrade the O-line and LB positions. I will be honing in on those players as the months go by.

Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter

Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:37 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

CbusVikesFan wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:

Yes, Kevin Lockett's son is great. Broke some of his dads records there at KSU.
I don't think that Cooper will last until the Vikings pick, somewhere around 10 as it stands. There are a bunch of good wide outs again in this draft so the Vikings could do well at that position in the later rounds. Need to upgrade the O-line and LB positions. I will be honing in on those players as the months go by.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. We need WR, and Cooper would be great, but there's good depth again this year. I'd like one in the 2nd or 3rd. Lockett is undersized a bit, so he may slip... but he's very talented and I think he'll be solid in the NFL. Great work ethic too.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]