Former Gopher QB Phillip Nelson arrested on Assault.

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Former Gopher QB Phillip Nelson arrested on Assault.

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Yikes... What a disaster for his life and career.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I just read that he was dropped by Rutgers and that they have now found the 2nd suspect--the guy that punched the bouncer/ex- Mankato State player from behind. Nelson then allegedly (they have video evidence, so it's pretty certain) kicked him in the head while he was already likely knocked out.

Motive: apparently the victim had been kissing Nelson's GF.

Terrible things happen after 2am. One bad decision can ruin several lives in an instant.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Texas Vike wrote:I just read that he was dropped by Rutgers and that they have now found the 2nd suspect--the guy that punched the bouncer/ex- Mankato State player from behind. Nelson then allegedly (they have video evidence, so it's pretty certain) kicked him in the head while he was already likely knocked out.

Motive: apparently the victim had been kissing Nelson's GF.

Terrible things happen after 2am. One bad decision can ruin several lives in an instant.

My goodness. Was Nelson drunk? What an idiot.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I just read that Nelson got no jail time, 100 hours of community service instead.