Player To Trade Up For?

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
A.Powell24
Waterboy
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:08 pm

Player To Trade Up For?

Post by A.Powell24 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:39 am

Do you think there is any player in this draft worth trading up for?

If you could have your choice of any player in this draft who would it be and why?

nightowl
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2470
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:57 pm
Location: Melbourne,Fl

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by nightowl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:58 am

Khalil Mack would be the only one I would think about.

I think this guy is going to be a serious impact player. I've been so disappointed watching his stock rise the last several weeks to where the Vikes now probably would have to trade up to get him. That said, I wouldn't want to give up too much in any trade up.

User avatar
IIsweet
Transition Player
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:02 pm

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by IIsweet » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:43 pm

I hope to trade down a couple of times in the 1st and accumulate 2 additional 2nd rders..
I hope to be able to choose Rush LB/DE Anthony Barr or CB Dennard or Gilbert.
I then hope to be able to trade up to get OG Su'a Filo. Even move up to add LB Shazier.
In the 2nd look at QB Manziel, CB Roberson, OG Yankey, DT Hageman, LB Van Noy, TE Amaro.

I just hope to have 3-5 picks in the first 2 rounds with such a good draft class !

User avatar
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by HardcoreVikesFan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:35 pm

I would trade up in the draft for Sammy Watkins. That man will be something special in the NFL.


I suppose I would consider trading up a couple of spots for Teddy Bridgewater too if it appeared that we could not wait at number eight to select him.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.

User avatar
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3565
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by Purple bruise » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:49 pm

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I would trade up in the draft for Sammy Watkins. That man will be something special in the NFL.


I suppose I would consider trading up a couple of spots for Teddy Bridgewater too if it appeared that we could not wait at number eight to select him.
I agree but the Vikes have too many other needs. Besides Flash will do just fine :)
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

User avatar
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 pm
Location: St.Francis Minnesota

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by Mercy Percy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:02 pm

IIsweet wrote:I hope to trade down a couple of times in the 1st and accumulate 2 additional 2nd rders..
I hope to be able to choose Rush LB/DE Anthony Barr or CB Dennard or Gilbert.
I then hope to be able to trade up to get OG Su'a Filo. Even move up to add LB Shazier.
In the 2nd look at QB Manziel, CB Roberson, OG Yankey, DT Hageman, LB Van Noy, TE Amaro.

I just hope to have 3-5 picks in the first 2 rounds with such a good draft class !

3 - 5 picks in the first 2 rounds is extremely far fetched, everyone knows the draft is deep so its harder to move back. Why take a Corner when we locked that up with Captain, Cox and Rhodes?
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.

Demi
Commissioner
Posts: 23761
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:24 pm

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by Demi » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Why take a Corner when we locked that up with Captain, Cox and Rhodes?
:rofl:
Really? "Locked it up"?
:rofl:

User avatar
IIsweet
Transition Player
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:02 pm

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by IIsweet » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Truthfully, because we can keep them for awhile, not 1 and 2 year deals.
Thus making the secondary a strength! Imagine that, the secondary a strength ???
I really don't care who, but I think it's important to trade down and accumulate picks in the top 2-3 rds this year!

Demi
Commissioner
Posts: 23761
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:24 pm

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by Demi » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:54 pm

Watkins and Clowney would probably be the only two worth it. As far as trading down, hopefully not that far. How often do teams really hit on third rounders? Or even second. I'd rather take a top 10 type where the chances seem to be quite a bit higher than two or three later picks where history shows even the best teams can blunder pretty easily.

User avatar
IIsweet
Transition Player
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:02 pm

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by IIsweet » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:16 am

Watkins and Mack to me are the guys we cannot trade down if they're available!
I think that our trading up, comes trading back into the 1st rd.

Agreed also that we have traditionally missed on 2nd and 3rd rd guys, but? some good talent this year!
Trade back up into the 1st for OG S'ua Filo

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11288
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by S197 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:49 pm

IIsweet wrote:Trade back up into the 1st for OG S'ua Filo
Like Sua-Filo, but I like Yankey more. I'm hoping one of them is there at the Vikings early 2nd pick. I wouldn't trade up for either though, too many holes, we need those picks.

User avatar
IIsweet
Transition Player
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:02 pm

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by IIsweet » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:19 pm

S197 wrote: Like Sua-Filo, but I like Yankey more. I'm hoping one of them is there at the Vikings early 2nd pick. I wouldn't trade up for either though, too many holes, we need those picks.

Understood, but "historically" we do not draft well in the 3rd-7th rds. At least not a lot of difference makers.
I do agree that we seem to find some players more recently, but not a difference maker talent, but there is a reason why those guys go in the 1st 2 rds.

User avatar
oldskoolvikingfan
Starter
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:45 pm

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by oldskoolvikingfan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:23 pm

A.Powell24 wrote:Do you think there is any player in this draft worth trading up for?

If you could have your choice of any player in this draft who would it be and why?
I think that Clowney, Watkins, and Mack are the only players worth trading up for.

If i could have a choice of any player in this draft i would draft Clowney because he will constantly put pressure on the opposing teams QB. But i would be happy with either Clowney, Mack, or Teddy. :smilevike:

Post Reply