Dungy thinks Murray will be like Wilson.

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

oldskoolvikingfan
Starter

Dungy thinks Murray will be like Wilson.

Post by oldskoolvikingfan »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ter_nfl_cb

Dungy believes that Murray will be the next Russell Wilson, as in he thinks he will be the next QB to go in the 3rd round or later and have great success. I have Murray as my 7th best QB and wouldn't mind drafting him if we dont get one of my top 5 QBs (Teddy, Bortles, Manziel, Carr, Garropollo). What do you guys think? Is he going to be the next Wilson? Should we take a shot at him if we dont get one of those 5 guys?
frosted
Career Elite Player

Re: Dungy thinks Murray will be like Wilson.

Post by frosted »

oldskoolvikingfan wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ter_nfl_cb

Dungy believes that Murray will be the next Russell Wilson, as in he thinks he will be the next QB to go in the 3rd round or later and have great success. I have Murray as my 7th best QB and wouldn't mind drafting him if we dont get one of my top 5 QBs (Teddy, Bortles, Manziel, Carr, Garropollo). What do you guys think? Is he going to be the next Wilson? Should we take a shot at him if we dont get one of those 5 guys?
I like him. I would rather have him than Garropollo or Carr. I might get flamed for that, but I think he's going to be a very good football player. I have him and Mettenberger about equal. Then Carr, then Garropollo. Teddy, Manziel, and Bortles are my top three.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I've been a fan of his. Watched a number of his games. He just has it. And I hate midgets! I read about his arm strength. But watching him play, I never see it, he has more than enough. And this isn't Ponder "adequate" arm strength. He not only has zip when he needs it, but can get it down field. Has trouble now and then adjusting to his receivers. But it doesn't seem to be because he lacks the power to get it there. He reads defenses better than most, maybe even all the other quarterbacks in this draft. He doesn't get spooked in the pocket. He goes through his reads, he has great feel in the pocket, again, something most college QBs seem to lack. Read whatever scouting reports you want, but when you watch him play for a handful of games in their entirety and he just looks like he has a pretty damn good chance of being a successful NFL QB...as far as his injury. It's far past the point when ACLs are all that meaningful. Running backs come back from it easily. Much less QBs.

If we don't take a JFB ( :wallbang: ) or Bridgewater, I hope this is the guy we take a chance on. Even if it means we reach in the 2nd or 3rd.

But heck, he'll be some mid round flyer and sit on the bench of some team for a decade and we'll never know, like so many other QBs. :confused:
oldskoolvikingfan
Starter

Post by oldskoolvikingfan »

Demi wrote:I've been a fan of his. Watched a number of his games. He just has it. And I hate midgets! I read about his arm strength. But watching him play, I never see it, he has more than enough. And this isn't Ponder "adequate" arm strength. He not only has zip when he needs it, but can get it down field. Has trouble now and then adjusting to his receivers. But it doesn't seem to be because he lacks the power to get it there. He reads defenses better than most, maybe even all the other quarterbacks in this draft. He doesn't get spooked in the pocket. He goes through his reads, he has great feel in the pocket, again, something most college QBs seem to lack. Read whatever scouting reports you want, but when you watch him play for a handful of games in their entirety and he just looks like he has a pretty damn good chance of being a successful NFL QB...as far as his injury. It's far past the point when ACLs are all that meaningful. Running backs come back from it easily. Much less QBs.

If we don't take a JFB ( :wallbang: ) or Bridgewater, I hope this is the guy we take a chance on. Even if it means we reach in the 2nd or 3rd.

But heck, he'll be some mid round flyer and sit on the bench of some team for a decade and we'll never know, like so many other QBs. :confused:
I wouldn't reach for him in the 2nd or 3rd but i wouldn't mind taking him in the 4th if we went CB/LB in the 1st and 2nd, G and S in the 3rd. We could then give him two years behind cassel learning Norvs offense and then give him a shot. Worse case scenario being that cassel stinks and we have to start him in his rookie year and he doesn't pan out, resulting in us having to draft a QB again next year (Mariota, Hundley).