Chris Borland

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Howlers
Waterboy

Chris Borland

Post by Howlers »

What do you guys think of the Vikes taking Chris Borland of Wisconsin in the 2nd or 3rd? Personally i don't think he'll last to the 3rd, he's impressed me when I've seen him and has got comparisons to Luke Kuechly. :smilevike:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Chris Borland

Post by Mothman »

I'd be perfectly fine with that choice. I've been impressed with Borland every time I've seen him play.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Borland is pretty good, but he pales in comparison to James Morris. :)

No, but in all seriousness, Jame Morris is one of the best middle linebacker prospects in this draft. I am not just saying this because of my University of Iowa affiliation, it is the truth. James is a tad small and may not be the best overall athlete, but he has instincts and heart. Morris is not being projected as high because of his measurables. All one needs to do is watch him play - then one can see why Morris should be held in higher regard. I mean, FFS, the guy had over 300 career tackles. This past season he had 6 sacks (8 if you count his bowl game) and 4 interceptions for the Hawks. His numbers beat every interior linebacker in the country. I guarantee that Morris will be just as good (if not better than) as Pat Angerer was in the NFL.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Howlers wrote:What do you guys think of the Vikes taking Chris Borland of Wisconsin in the 2nd or 3rd? Personally i don't think he'll last to the 3rd, he's impressed me when I've seen him and has got comparisons to Luke Kuechly. :smilevike:
I don't know about Kuechly, Borland's size is what will likely drop his stock. I think he'd be a solid 3rd round pick, 2nd (especially the Vikings 2nd) is high for him IMO. I think he and Shayne Skov (my preference) should go in the late 2nd to 3rd round area. A lot of people here seem to be very high on Christian Jones as well.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Where is his natural fit among the linebacking positions? From what I read, he's an inside 3-4 or middle linebacker. Sounds like he has good pass coverage ability, but his height will be a big disadvantage against most tight ends in this league.

With as much need as the Vikings have at the linebacker position (and many others on defense), I don't think it would be wise targeting a middle linebacker very high in this draft. They really need to fill the weak side LB position and/or find a successor to Greenway on the other side. They have some potential young talent at MLB in Cole and Mauti that they should give at least another year to develop.