Michael Sam and the Vikings

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

King James
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Michael Sam and the Vikings

Post by King James »

Nope. Homosexuals never faced the type the discrimination as black people. You can get away from being gay by hiding it but you can't hide your genetic make-up.

Heterosexuality and homosexuality are only the same when it comes to falling in love. However homosexuality is different in all other aspects. The human body was not meant for same sex intercourse. You can reproduce that way. Yeah you can got to the sperm bank and all that stuff but that's not how sexual reproduction was meant to happen. Homosexuality is definitely spreading like a virus. Seems like more and more people are starting to support it. I will never support it. Gay is not the way.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

King James wrote:Nope. Homosexuals never faced the type the discrimination as black people. You can get away from being gay by hiding it but you can't hide your genetic make-up.
Okay, but do gays face discrimination? Who do you think faces more discrimination now? Black people or gays? Even if you still think black people do, you still can't deny the fact that gay people are also discriminated against. So, there ya have it. That's why the two are sometimes mentioned together. And, are we talking about now or 200 years ago? I thought we were discussing the here and now.
Heterosexuality and homosexuality are only the same when it comes to falling in love.
However homosexuality is different in all other aspects. The human body was not meant for same sex intercourse. You can reproduce that way. Yeah you can got to the sperm bank and all that stuff but that's not how sexual reproduction was meant to happen. Homosexuality is definitely spreading like a virus. Seems like more and more people are starting to support it. I will never support it. Gay is not the way.
No, James. See, you won. It's all the same. Forget the actual definitions of these other words. Love is love. Don't change your story now.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

King James wrote:Nope. Homosexuals never faced the type the discrimination as black people.
Exactly. They should just quit their complaining. They have no reason to be upset because black people had it worse. Only if you had it worse than black people are you able to complain. I don't see what's wrong with that.
You can get away from being gay by hiding it but you can't hide your genetic make-up.
Just because it's easier to "pass" doesn't mean it's easier to live with. In some respects it's more difficult. Imagine not being able to be yourself for fear of ridicule, persecution or worse. LGBT teens and young adults have one of the highest rates of suicide attempts.
Homosexuality is definitely spreading like a virus.
Poor choice of words.
Seems like more and more people are starting to support it.
I'm OK with more humans being tolerant with each other. I don't see how that's a bad thing.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

The King of Hearts is the only King without a mustache.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

Everyone has the right to their own opinion if you dont think Gay is okay you have to respect that, same with people who think gay is okay. Being homosexual is no where near the same discrimination of being black you are not a different race by being Gay, you can still drink out of the same water fountains, go to the same stores, sit where you want on a bus, go for any job you want, if I was an African American id be really insulted that someone would compare what they went through to being equal as a gay being discriminated against.
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Damn James, that is some epic trolling dude, if we had an award for best troll of the year you would get my vote sir!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mercy Percy wrote:Everyone has the right to their own opinion if you dont think Gay is okay you have to respect that, same with people who think gay is okay. Being homosexual is no where near the same discrimination of being black you are not a different race by being Gay, you can still drink out of the same water fountains, go to the same stores, sit where you want on a bus, go for any job you want, if I was an African American id be really insulted that someone would compare what they went through to being equal as a gay being discriminated against.
Why is discrimination OK in any form or degree?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Love is love but all love is not right. I compared homosexuality to bestiality and incest because I think all 3 are disgusting. Not because I didn't think love isn't involved. Obviously heterosexuality is the best option because you get to reproduce and such. The other 3 you can not, well with incest you can but your kids probably come out with a disability. Apparently you and a few other here are homosexual. Because only homosexuals think straight couples and gay couples are the same. We are not the same.

Because if you're gay, you obviously don't believe in Jesus. And while homosexuality is no different than the other sin as a Christian it will be disrespectful to people around someone who thinks it's okay to continue to willingly sin (be homosexual) just because everyone else may sin differently.

Because if you're gay, there's a good chance you weren't brought up by a strong father figure. A lot of people these days are products of one night stands, parties, and etc that they didn't have a real father to put some sense into their heads.

Thank god I've been blessed with a family who don't condone that gay crap. Well I have one cousin who is gay but I barely communicate with him unless it's a dying emergency. Other than that, I will not speak to him at a family reunion because I don't tolerate gay sh**. That being said, I do not hate him. If he wants to continue to be gay, that's his choice. But I won't be around him or any other gay like that.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

King James wrote:Nope. Homosexuals never faced the type the discrimination as black people. You can get away from being gay by hiding it but you can't hide your genetic make-up.

Heterosexuality and homosexuality are only the same when it comes to falling in love. However homosexuality is different in all other aspects. The human body was not meant for same sex intercourse. You can reproduce that way. Yeah you can got to the sperm bank and all that stuff but that's not how sexual reproduction was meant to happen. Homosexuality is definitely spreading like a virus. Seems like more and more people are starting to support it. I will never support it. Gay is not the way.

Sure, homosexuals weren't slaves but it still sucks being discriminated against. OK, you can hide it but I'm sure that must feel really good inside.

Technically, some people consider anal and oral sexual acts to be intercourse.
Homosexuality is definitely spreading like a virus. Seems like more and more people are starting to support it. I will never support it. Gay is not the way.
This is the stuff that makes you 100% homophobic sounding. You, hilariously, claim you're not but that couldn't be further from the truth. A virus? Am I going to catch the virus and end my heterosexual relationship?
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

mondry wrote:Damn James, that is some epic trolling dude, if we had an award for best troll of the year you would get my vote sir!

LOL why do people think I'm trolling? I can have some good football conversations on here. But when it comes to topics that are the opposite of my beliefs am I suppose to just say, "Hoorayyyyyy or Michael Sam coming out!!! You go man!!! Gay Pride for life." Heeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllll Nooooooooooooooo! Yall may support that gay stuff, Im not rollin with it. I will not hold my opinions either. I've seem to have always presented my post without personally insulting people, though I've been insulted plenty of times. But it is all good! As long as the mods have no problem with my post, then I don't care what anybody else thinks.
Superman
Backup

Post by Superman »

[/quote]

Accepting homosexuality isn't edgy, trendy, or PC. It's just loving your fellow human beings.[/quote]

I can have love for someone without accepting and supporting the entirety of their actions and choices. Nor do I have to judge them or have an opinion at all, which is ideal. The problem arises when it is no longer adequate to just lack an opinion, or say "none of my business", as it is quickly becoming. Even the tone of your posts imply that there are only two options: accept and support that individual, or hate and condemn them... Which is NOT the case at all.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

King James wrote:Love is love but all love is not right. I compared homosexuality to bestiality and incest because I think all 3 are disgusting. Not because I didn't think love isn't involved. Obviously heterosexuality is the best option because you get to reproduce and such. The other 3 you can not, well with incest you can but your kids probably come out with a disability. Apparently you and a few other here are homosexual. Because only homosexuals think straight couples and gay couples are the same. We are not the same.

Because if you're gay, you obviously don't believe in Jesus. And while homosexuality is no different than the other sin as a Christian it will be disrespectful to people around someone who thinks it's okay to continue to willingly sin (be homosexual) just because everyone else may sin differently.

Because if you're gay, there's a good chance you weren't brought up by a strong father figure. A lot of people these days are products of one night stands, parties, and etc that they didn't have a real father to put some sense into their heads.

Thank god I've been blessed with a family who don't condone that gay crap. Well I have one cousin who is gay but I barely communicate with him unless it's a dying emergency. Other than that, I will not speak to him at a family reunion because I don't tolerate gay sh**. That being said, I do not hate him. If he wants to continue to be gay, that's his choice. But I won't be around him or any other gay like that.
:gone:
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

NextQuestion wrote: This is the stuff that makes you 100% homophobic sounding. You, hilariously, claim you're not but that couldn't be further from the truth. A virus? Am I going to catch the virus and end my heterosexual relationship?

Are you stupid? I said homosexuality is spreading like a virus because of how it's becoming more popular among people. I did not say you can catch a virus by being homosexual. You and Melanie are really something. :lol: :lol:
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Mercy Percy wrote:Everyone has the right to their own opinion if you dont think Gay is okay you have to respect that, same with people who think gay is okay. Being homosexual is no where near the same discrimination of being black you are not a different race by being Gay, you can still drink out of the same water fountains, go to the same stores, sit where you want on a bus, go for any job you want, if I was an African American id be really insulted that someone would compare what they went through to being equal as a gay being discriminated against.

Openly gay men have experienced horrible discrimination for years. Gay men may not be different by race, but that didn't mean they could do the things you suggested. Many gay men were not allowed in certain stores or bars for years (it probably still happens). Gay men and women have lost their jobs because of their sexual orientation for years (school teachers for example). Gay men were abused and murdered throughout history for their sexual orientation.

I don't think anyone is trying to suggest the hardship a black man went through during the past century and the hardship a gay man went through are "equal". The point is they both have gone through discrimination that no human being deserves to experience for something beyond their control. A black man does not choose to be born black, nor does a gay man choose to be born gay.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Obviously heterosexuality is the best option because you get to reproduce and such. The other 3 you can not, well with incest you can but your kids probably come out with a disability.
Speculation or fact? What?
Apparently you and a few other here are homosexual. Because only homosexuals think straight couples and gay couples are the same. We are not the same.
We're all human beings who deserved to be treated with respect. I must be a homosexual.
You should come to the church by my house. They have a rainbow flag out front and use the slogan "we welcome all families". Perhaps, and this is a crazy thought, do some research and you'll see there are tons of churches who support GLBT people and GLBTs believe in God/Jesus. I'm Jewish and I don't believe in Jesus. I'm straight too. GASP
Again, got anything to back this up? You should perhaps really look into what you're typing before you hit "post". This couldn't be any less accurate.
Yeah, because I'm sure he's dying to get close to you. You seem like such a compassionate person! Oh, I forgot...you're not homophobic! :rofl: :rofl:

You sir...dearly need some guidance in controlling your hate for fellow human beings.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.