Derek Carr.....warming up to the Idea?

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Rage
Franchise Player

Derek Carr.....warming up to the Idea?

Post by Purple Rage »

I've read and got the feeling that the majority of you out there don't like the idea of the Fresno State signal caller becoming the next Viking QB. I can see why, and understand that the Ponder similarities come to play. But the more I watch highlights, game film and read about the kids story....I have warmed up to the idea of grabbing this kid. I seen him play live vs NM LOBOS when he came to albuquerque to play my hometown team. Though our college FB team is god awful.... I got to see why this kid will be a force in the NFL. He has leader qualities, cannon arm, patience and just a all around class act. Now I would still much rather grab a def player at #8 Mack, Dennard, Gilbert, Barr....but I would love to see us get him in the 2nd or move back into the late 1st.I think he will be wearing purple next year. How would you feel if that happened?? SKOL VIKES

http://youtu.be/y5wr82ZRUjc
REAL MEN WEAR PURPLE!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Derek Carr.....warming up to the Idea?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I don't have a problem with them drafting him per se, just not at #8. It would be a giant reach, imo. Maybe in the 2nd round or something. There are just too many other holes ti fill for us to reach for a qb again.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

If he's our next "Franchise QB"
See you in 3 years when we're replacing him...
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I've seen Carr play in person as well and I think he compares closer to Jackson than Ponder. He has an elite arm but his mechanics are really poor and he relies on the arm strength too much. The other problem is he's hard to evaluate based on the Fresno St. scheme. I don't see a lot of work going through progressions or having to work in a busy pocket, and when there is pressure, he doesn't seem to rise up to it like a Manziel. He could be good, but I just think the risk outweighs the rewards at the 8th pick, especially when there's a pretty good chance that there will be another player there (at another position) that is likely a lot more pro ready.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

S197 wrote:I've seen Carr play in person as well and I think he compares closer to Jackson than Ponder. He has an elite arm but his mechanics are really poor and he relies on the arm strength too much. The other problem is he's hard to evaluate based on the Fresno St. scheme. I don't see a lot of work going through progressions or having to work in a busy pocket, and when there is pressure, he doesn't seem to rise up to it like a Manziel. He could be good, but I just think the risk outweighs the rewards at the 8th pick, especially when there's a pretty good chance that there will be another player there (at another position) that is likely a lot more pro ready.
I do not want him at all. I would take Bortles in a heart beat over him.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.