1st round pick................

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

nctigwelder
Waterboy

1st round pick................

Post by nctigwelder »

And the 1st round pick for the Vikings in 2014 is ____________________. :v):
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: 1st round pick................

Post by Purple bruise »

If JF, Bridgewater and Bortles are gone then trade back, pick up another 3rd or fourth rounder and grab Nix. If Bortles is still there and JF and TB are gone then draft Bortles.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
PurpleScout
Backup

Post by PurpleScout »

Zim is a defensive guy. He takes either the best DB or LBer available unless by some miracle Clowney falls to us like Peterson did. Could you imagine what Zimmer could do with him.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Hopefully LB or secondary. Mosley, Dix, Dennard.
Bridgewater won't be there, and no other QB is worth the gamble that early.
Purple Rage
Franchise Player

Post by Purple Rage »

Dennard!! Lightning In a bottle prospect, my favorite player coming out this year!
REAL MEN WEAR PURPLE!
simonton18
Waterboy

Post by simonton18 »

First of all: I wouldn't trade up to Nr. 2, just to get a QB. The jump from 8 to 2 is huge. It has to be something like this years 1st and 2nd round + next year's second.
With all the holes the team has I say go BPA, even though 8 is a tough spot. Bridgewater, Manziel and Bortles will probably be gone. So will Clowney, Barr and Watkins. So unless one of the Big 2/3 QBs or Clowney/Barr/Watkins (I know, Watkins doesn't play a position of immediate need, but he seems like a AJ Green/Julio Jones type talent, and in my opinion you could not justify not picking him, if he somehow fell to us) falls to us, I say try to trade back to around 15 and get an additional 2nd rounder. Then go best NT/CB/LB with the 15th pick, and also go BPA with the 2nd rounders.
This is not Detroit, man! This is the Super Bowl!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

simonton18 wrote:First of all: I wouldn't trade up to Nr. 2, just to get a QB. The jump from 8 to 2 is huge. It has to be something like this years 1st and 2nd round + next year's second.
With all the holes the team has I say go BPA, even though 8 is a tough spot. Bridgewater, Manziel and Bortles will probably be gone. So will Clowney, Barr and Watkins. So unless one of the Big 2/3 QBs or Clowney/Barr/Watkins (I know, Watkins doesn't play a position of immediate need, but he seems like a AJ Green/Julio Jones type talent, and in my opinion you could not justify not picking him, if he somehow fell to us) falls to us, I say try to trade back to around 15 and get an additional 2nd rounder. Then go best NT/CB/LB with the 15th pick, and also go BPA with the 2nd rounders.

I like this scenario and agree w/ your take on Watkins. I think he'll be a superstar. In fact, I think he is this year's prospect that is most likely to become an absolute star in the NFL.

If we trade back, I'd like to see them use their additional 3rd and the 2nd they pick up to move back into the later part of the first if a prospect falls like CP84 did last year or Harrison Smith did previously.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

"Not Carr"
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

just a gut feeling

oldskoolvikingfan
Starter

Post by oldskoolvikingfan »

Mack or Mosley. Whichever one Zimmer and Spielman like better.