Vikings 2014 Draft

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings 2014 Draft

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingLord wrote: I told my son if McCarron marched Bama down the field with 54 seconds left I would advocate the Vikings draft him. I thought there was no chance in h3ll he could do it, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. On the very next play, he pulled a Ponder, fumbled, and sealed the loss.

McCarron is Ponder. I swear. It's like the Universe spit out two non-related twins when it comes to how each looks, acts, and plays QB. They each even have the hot wife/girlfriend. It's stunning, really. But it also allows Spielman to know enough not to re-draft Ponder I hope. Been there, done that, nothing to see here. If Spielman drafts McCarron, he seals his fate as GM of the Vikings IMHO.

I have made the comparison between Ponder and McCarron as well. Just watching the two play, they look similar. There is one significant difference though: McCarron actually won a lot of big games at Bama. Ponder didn't really lead his team to much while at FSU.

Bama looked really average against the Sooners. That surprised me. I saw my Longhorns beat the Sooners this year! It sure lowers my estimation of the all mighty Alabama. I didn't watch the whole game: did CJ Mosely not play well (LB)? Bama's D is typically formidable and I was high on Mosely for the Vikings.