With the Fourth Pick the Vikings select.....

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

With the Fourth Pick the Vikings select.....

Post by jackal »

I wouldn't mind this Anthony Carr OLB UCLA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnHvztk1W3o

I am guessing we will pick between 4-7th in the draft ....
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Re: With the Fourth Pick the Vikings select.....

Post by PurpleHalo »

Johnny Manziel, massive gamble but nothing was ever gained playing it safe. If the top QBs are gone try and trade out of the first for a 1st pick next year, and a lower first this year. Stock up on ammo for a great QB draft in 2015.
This space available for rent.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

PurpleHalo wrote:Johnny Manziel, massive gamble but nothing was ever gained playing it safe. If the top QBs are gone try and trade out of the first for a 1st pick next year, and a lower first this year. Stock up on ammo for a great QB draft in 2015.
I'd be a little amazed to see the Vikings trade down significantly for future picks. Spielman has been much more likely to trade up, even during this rebuild and with all of the gaping holes on both sides of the ball. Even if there's not a QB that they feel is worthy of the 4th (or 7th or whatever) pick, it's hard to believe that their won't be someone who they're in love with at some other position.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Eli wrote: I'd be a little amazed to see the Vikings trade down significantly for future picks. Spielman has been much more likely to trade up, even during this rebuild and with all of the gaping holes on both sides of the ball. Even if there's not a QB that they feel is worthy of the 4th (or 7th or whatever) pick, it's hard to believe that their won't be someone who they're in love with at some other position.
But it would make sense, they could go after a much needed LB, and have bullets for 2015. I don't want some project QB again.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

To be honest I wouldn't mind if we don't go defense with all our first day picks

we need a lot of help in the secondary and stud LB like Matthews or Bowman type guy would
really help.. plus Greenway isn't really young anymore
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

PurpleHalo wrote:..... I don't want some project QB again.
jackal wrote:To be honest I wouldn't mind if we don't go defense with all our first day picks
I want to echo both of these sentiments. I'm nervous about picking Bridgewater with our first pick, if we have the opportunity, and I certainly don't think there are any other QBs in the draft worthy of our first pick.

Furthermore, I'm anxious to see Harrison Smith and Xavier Rhodes on the field performing at their best simultaneously. If these two young players can put it together at the same time for any significant amount of time (as should be the hope for two young players seemingly coming into their own), our secondary performance should improve greatly. With that in mind, I wouldn't mind one bit if we start drafting players at the front of our defense and work our way into the secondary.

However, I'm still all about drafting the best player available. So my hope is BPA and defensive need come together and lead us to draft Clowney or someone else on the D-line or linebacker with our first pick.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

I just can't imagine the Vikings drafting any lower than 3rd at this point. Their remaing 3 games are against playoff teams and I just don't see another win. Maybe the Lions at home? But AD will probably be shut down, who knows who will be starting at QB, and the Lions in all likelihood will need a win to make the playoffs. Then again, it's the Lions.

Falcons play the Redskins today, so with a loss against the red hot Eagles, the Vikings should slide into the 3rd draft position. And I think that's where they'll end up.

Only time will tell!
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

I listened to an interview with Johnny yesterday and he sounds like an intelligent person. Well spoken. He is a knucklehead at times and has made some poor decisions, but he has the potential be something special, I think.

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I think Manziel will be a good qb in the right environment.....I'll be dammed if I know what that is. I won't be shocked if they pick him.
With the current staff it makes sense to me to have a strong willed qb who will force some issues. Who knows yet if this staff will be here...which is why I'm not too concerned about the draft.
if we still have frazier and mussy, I'd be worried about any of the other qb's being succsessful here...I just don't get the right sense of leadership from an urgencey /accountability standpoint.
This team needs a leader is what I'm saying.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

No way i want little brat johnny Football

The guy is not a team guy .. he is a its all about me guy

I a am bigger than the team and everybody on it ..

If they draft Johnny Football I will not be a Vikings fan anymore
Sgt Slate
Waterboy

Post by Sgt Slate »

jackal wrote:No way i want little brat johnny Football

My kingdom for a franchise quarterback.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

jackal wrote:No way i want little brat johnny Football

Just a little extreme don't ya think? Because he is a young brash guy who comes off as arrogant? That pretty much sums up 75% or professional athletes, it just gets far more magnified at the QB position.