Mariota to return to Oregon

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mariota to return to Oregon

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ior-season
Quarterback Marcus Mariota will bypass the 2014 NFL draft and return for his junior season at Oregon, it was announced Tuesday.
That's ok... I didn't want the Vikings to draft him anyway.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Mariota to return to Oregon

Post by The Breeze »

Hope they can keep him healthy next year. Somewhat risky IMO. Woulda liked to see him here in Purple...but no guarantee that would happen or that he's gonna be a stud.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

mrc44 wrote:He will project #1 overall in 2015, and we will most likely be there to grab him so this is fine with me. Great kid and a great player. His talent has no ceiling, the kid just turned 20!!! He will be a great pro when he makes the transition.
Don't forget about Winston.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Would not be surprised to Brett Hundley stay at UCLA as well. Which means the top two QBs will be Bridgewater and... Manziel. :hang:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Would not be surprised to Brett Hundley stay at UCLA as well. Which means the top two QBs will be Bridgewater and... Manziel. :hang:
Carr?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

We still have a chance to get AJ McCarron so there's nothing to worry about. We should also looking into Aaron Murray. Is draft stock is sure to go down now because of his injury. He will be a good mid-round steal
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

mrc44 wrote: I didn't forget, just waiting to see if he will be in prison the rest of his life or continuing to be a great football player. If any tiny part of this rape allegation is true, I hope he burns in hell.

I should add if it's not true at all I hope she does because she could ruin his career, and that is absurd if it's all made up.just want to be fair to both sides.
Not charged.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I hope it works out for him, most of the recent QB's who have elected to stay has turned out to be a poor decision. I'm torn on who to hope for now, Bridgewater I guess. Maybe Manz... nope can't do it sorry, not unless he falls out of the 1st. I also hope the Vikings don't fall into the "50% screen pass" Carr trap either. Hopefully Fresno plays a good defense in a bowl game, then everyone will see that he's mostly average with a strong arm.