View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:41 pm



Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Derek Carr 
Author Message
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7657
Post Re: Derek Carr
Mothman wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Umm who the heck wants a running QB? How far did Tebow get? Well other then the 1 year where Denver beat Pitt in the playoffs.


Read the post. He's not just a running a QB.

Quote:
Or do you mean Jimmy Garoppolo From E Ill.? No theres a QB worth taking.


He's definitely an intriguing prospect.


Yeah, I know who Lynch is, but is is more known for his running (like tebow) then passing. That's why I thought maybe Texas Vike meant Jimmy Garoppolo . I sure wish we could get him with the our second pick, if we don't get Teddy with the 1st, but I doubt it.


Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:54 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10492
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Derek Carr
This is just one game but it emphasizes why Carr really worries me. It's a long clip because it's the entire game (his passes only) but you should get the gist after 5 or 6 minutes. Things to keep an eye on:

The number of 4 and 5 receiver sets Fresno runs. Carr is rarely under pressure and will be tough to evaluate how he will react in a busy pocket (sound familiar)?

There's no question he has a cannon for an arm but his footwork is really bad. He doesn't step into his throws and he often twists awkwardly.

Look at the number of screen passes he throws. That's why his percentage completion is so high.



I'm not saying he can't play in the NFL and I really don't care who his brother is, looking at him in person and on film, I just don't see a top 10 QB. Lets put it this way, if Colt Brennan and Case Keenum are low round/undrafted prospects, why is this guy rated so much higher? I don't see a whole lot of difference and all three QBs played comparable competition.


Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:55 pm
Profile
Commissioner

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:24 pm
Posts: 23761
Post Re: Derek Carr
Forget top 10...I don't seen an NFL Qb regardless of where he is available...


Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:21 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Derek Carr
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Mothman wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Umm who the heck wants a running QB? How far did Tebow get? Well other then the 1 year where Denver beat Pitt in the playoffs.


Read the post. He's not just a running a QB.

Quote:
Or do you mean Jimmy Garoppolo From E Ill.? No theres a QB worth taking.


He's definitely an intriguing prospect.


Yeah, I know who Lynch is, but is is more known for his running (like tebow) then passing. That's why I thought maybe Texas Vike meant Jimmy Garoppolo . I sure wish we could get him with the our second pick, if we don't get Teddy with the 1st, but I doubt it.


I'm watching Garopolo. Kid's got a serious arm and hyperactive, but effective, footwork. I just wonder what he'd look like playing against higher level competition. When I first turned this game on I thought it was a high school game!


Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:42 pm
Profile
Commissioner

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:24 pm
Posts: 23761
Post Re: Derek Carr
mrc44 wrote:
Demi wrote:
Forget top 10...I don't seen an NFL Qb regardless of where he is available...


Ya I am not a big fan of Carr, I honestly think there are better QB's that could be found in the middle of the draft (i.e. Bortles)


Bortles looks just as bad...
Either could be an NFL QB, but watching the videos how can you not be further along by the time you're entering the NFL...

Quote:
I'm watching Garopolo. Kid's got a serious arm and hyperactive, but effective, footwork. I just wonder what he'd look like playing against higher level competition. When I first turned this game on I thought it was a high school game!


Haven't seen him yet, PA on KFAN was talking him up recently though...as far as being on Vikings radar.


Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:44 pm
Profile
Backup

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:12 pm
Posts: 87
Post Re: Derek Carr
How ironic would it be if Carr's draft status shot up to the point where he became the number one pick by the Texans. But in all reality I don't even see him as a first rounder. I see him as another Andy Dalton. Not bad, but without a wideout like AJ Green he won't be anything special in the NFL.


Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:43 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10492
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Derek Carr
Like I've been saying all along, not impressed.

Quote:
But Fresno State, and in particular their much-heralded quarterback Derek Carr, did a disservice to their program and to their conference’s reputation in getting pasted by the Trojans. The Bulldogs looked outmatched throughout the majority of the game, and Mr. Carr – listed on Mel Kiper’s NFL Draft board as the top quarterback in the 2014 draft – overthrew open receivers on at least 3 separate occasions and otherwise looked less than dominant.


http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2013/12/22/fresno-state-usc-both-hurt-their-image-during-2013-royal-purple-las-vegas-bowl/


Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:22 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 pm
Posts: 4016
Location: So. Utah
Post Re: Derek Carr
S197 wrote:
Like I've been saying all along, not impressed.

Quote:
But Fresno State, and in particular their much-heralded quarterback Derek Carr, did a disservice to their program and to their conference’s reputation in getting pasted by the Trojans. The Bulldogs looked outmatched throughout the majority of the game, and Mr. Carr – listed on Mel Kiper’s NFL Draft board as the top quarterback in the 2014 draft – overthrew open receivers on at least 3 separate occasions and otherwise looked less than dominant.


http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2013/12/22/fresno-state-usc-both-hurt-their-image-during-2013-royal-purple-las-vegas-bowl/

My favorite part is how the writer used dominant correctly.


Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:08 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4011
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Derek Carr
The Breeze wrote:
My favorite part is how the writer used dominant correctly.


Dominate! :D

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 pm
Posts: 4016
Location: So. Utah
Post Re: Derek Carr
MelanieMFunk wrote:
The Breeze wrote:
My favorite part is how the writer used dominant correctly.


Dominate! :D

Fraizer :wink:


Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:37 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4011
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Derek Carr
The Breeze wrote:
MelanieMFunk wrote:
The Breeze wrote:
My favorite part is how the writer used dominant correctly.


Dominate! :D

Fraizer :wink:


:lol:

I can't decide which one is closer: Fraizer or Frasier? :D

Don't tell me it's another tie! :twisted:

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.