View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Was this awesome or what 
Backup

Post Was this awesome or what
Seeing us take potetiallytop rated D linemen in Floyd, Rhodes (really the number 2 cb IMO) and patterson was pretty amazing. mean it stinks we dont draft now till round 4 but still, spielman wasnt messing around. maybe trade cook or gerhart for picks could help and get bostic?

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:45 pm
Hall of Famer

Post Re: Was this awesome or what
big deli Vike wrote:
Seeing us take potetiallytop rated D linemen in Floyd, Rhodes (really the number 2 cb IMO) and patterson was pretty amazing. mean it stinks we dont draft now till round 4 but still, spielman wasnt messing around. maybe trade cook or gerhart for picks could help and get bostic?

maybe we will also get Tyrann Mathieu this weekend ? :thumbsup:

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:52 pm
Hall of Famer

mrc44 wrote:
I honestly do not rule out trading into the 2nd for a linebacker. We have that 3rd from Seattle next year, plus our 4th and grab Arthur Brown ? Or just trade up in the 4th to grab kiko Alonso from Oregon. That kid is pretty solid and he is big.

You want to trade some of next year's draft picks to move into the second round?? Is this the year for the Vikings' latest Super Bowl "run"?

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

mrc44 wrote:
I honestly do not rule out trading into the 2nd for a linebacker. We have that 3rd from Seattle next year, plus our 4th and grab Arthur Brown ? Or just trade up in the 4th to grab kiko Alonso from Oregon. That kid is pretty solid and he is big.

This. Would absolutely love them to grab Arthur Brown if they can get him for a reasonable value. I'm not sure exactly where he could come off the board.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 am
Fenrir

I'm not a fan of trading future year picks. If you screw up your draft this year, you basically reset and start with all your picks (plus Seattle's 3rd) and likely draft at a higher position. The Vikings were plenty aggressive this year already, I don't see the need to continue that with another bold trade up. If I'm the Vikings, I'm on the phone with Dansby or Barnett's agent right now. Maybe Urlacher.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:31 pm
Backup

i agree. sign a guy like dansby for a bit and we can draft CJ Mosley or a guy like that next year.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:29 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Another veteran LB that we could consider targeting (along with Dansby or Urlacher, don't really like Barnett at this point in his career) is Daryl Smith. He could slide in at any LB spot and start for us.

Unfortunately the LB board was pillaged in the 2nd round as I suspected it to be (although Bostic and Alonso were somewhat surprising that high). Right now we're looking probably better to kick Erin inside and take a guy like Khaseem Greene or Chase Thomas if either falls to us, or wait a round or two to take a developmental guy like Nico Johnson, Jelani Jenkins, Michael Mauti or Kevin Reddick

Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:26 am
Career Elite Player

saint33 wrote:
Another veteran LB that we could consider targeting (along with Dansby or Urlacher, don't really like Barnett at this point in his career) is Daryl Smith. He could slide in at any LB spot and start for us.

One name not mentioned is Paris Lenon. Very solid LB who was a strong veteran presence on an underrated Cardinals defense. Consider it a swap of LB's if you will.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]