Was this awesome or what

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
big deli Vike
Backup
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Was this awesome or what

Post by big deli Vike » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Seeing us take potetiallytop rated D linemen in Floyd, Rhodes (really the number 2 cb IMO) and patterson was pretty amazing. mean it stinks we dont draft now till round 4 but still, spielman wasnt messing around. maybe trade cook or gerhart for picks could help and get bostic?
0 x

User avatar
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7157
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:53 pm
Location: bakersfield california

Re: Was this awesome or what

Post by hibbingviking » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:52 pm

big deli Vike wrote:Seeing us take potetiallytop rated D linemen in Floyd, Rhodes (really the number 2 cb IMO) and patterson was pretty amazing. mean it stinks we dont draft now till round 4 but still, spielman wasnt messing around. maybe trade cook or gerhart for picks could help and get bostic?
maybe we will also get Tyrann Mathieu this weekend ? :thumbsup:
0 x

User avatar
Eli
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7946
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:52 pm

Re: Was this awesome or what

Post by Eli » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 am

mrc44 wrote:I honestly do not rule out trading into the 2nd for a linebacker. We have that 3rd from Seattle next year, plus our 4th and grab Arthur Brown ? Or just trade up in the 4th to grab kiko Alonso from Oregon. That kid is pretty solid and he is big.
You want to trade some of next year's draft picks to move into the second round?? Is this the year for the Vikings' latest Super Bowl "run"?
0 x

User avatar
Pepper2Moss
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Was this awesome or what

Post by Pepper2Moss » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 am

mrc44 wrote:I honestly do not rule out trading into the 2nd for a linebacker. We have that 3rd from Seattle next year, plus our 4th and grab Arthur Brown ? Or just trade up in the 4th to grab kiko Alonso from Oregon. That kid is pretty solid and he is big.
This. Would absolutely love them to grab Arthur Brown if they can get him for a reasonable value. I'm not sure exactly where he could come off the board.
0 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11370
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Was this awesome or what

Post by S197 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:31 pm

I'm not a fan of trading future year picks. If you screw up your draft this year, you basically reset and start with all your picks (plus Seattle's 3rd) and likely draft at a higher position. The Vikings were plenty aggressive this year already, I don't see the need to continue that with another bold trade up. If I'm the Vikings, I'm on the phone with Dansby or Barnett's agent right now. Maybe Urlacher.
0 x

User avatar
big deli Vike
Backup
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: Was this awesome or what

Post by big deli Vike » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:29 pm

i agree. sign a guy like dansby for a bit and we can draft CJ Mosley or a guy like that next year.
0 x

User avatar
saint33
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:28 am

Re: Was this awesome or what

Post by saint33 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:26 am

Another veteran LB that we could consider targeting (along with Dansby or Urlacher, don't really like Barnett at this point in his career) is Daryl Smith. He could slide in at any LB spot and start for us.

Unfortunately the LB board was pillaged in the 2nd round as I suspected it to be (although Bostic and Alonso were somewhat surprising that high). Right now we're looking probably better to kick Erin inside and take a guy like Khaseem Greene or Chase Thomas if either falls to us, or wait a round or two to take a developmental guy like Nico Johnson, Jelani Jenkins, Michael Mauti or Kevin Reddick
0 x
Image

User avatar
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2470
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Location: Seattle, Wa

Re: Was this awesome or what

Post by PacificNorseWest » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:02 am

saint33 wrote:Another veteran LB that we could consider targeting (along with Dansby or Urlacher, don't really like Barnett at this point in his career) is Daryl Smith. He could slide in at any LB spot and start for us.
One name not mentioned is Paris Lenon. Very solid LB who was a strong veteran presence on an underrated Cardinals defense. Consider it a swap of LB's if you will.
0 x

Post Reply