Mayock Mock Draft

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

CaptainKirov
Starter

Mayock Mock Draft

Post by CaptainKirov »

Mayock mock draft has the vikings taking Cordarrelle Patterson and Sylvester Williams.

Personally wouldnt argue if this went down. Would rather take a corner here like Trufant or Taylor. With Te'o off the board.
In victory,magnanimity; In defeat, defiance! - Fredrick The Great

losperros
Commissioner

Re: Mayock Mock Draft

Post by losperros »

CaptainKirov wrote:Mayock mock draft has the vikings taking Cordarrelle Patterson and Sylvester Williams.

Personally wouldnt argue if this went down. Would rather take a corner here like Trufant or Taylor. With Te'o off the board.

I have no problem with the picks. However, for some reason I just don't see it playing out that way.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Neither do I. Mayock likes Patterson, so he falls into a slot where the Vikings pick. I think the Vikings will go with someone at WR who is a safer pick.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Eli wrote:Neither do I. Mayock likes Patterson, so he falls into a slot where the Vikings pick. I think the Vikings will go with someone at WR who is a safer pick.
Quite honestly, I'm not even sure the Vikings will go with WR in the first round.

Whatever the case, I sure am looking forward to the draft.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

losperros wrote:Quite honestly, I'm not even sure the Vikings will go with WR in the first round.
Nor am I. But wherever they take one (if not the 1st round, then the 2nd round), I doubt it will be one of the boom-or-bust candidates. My gut feeling tells me that the Vikings aren't interested in either Austin or Patterson and I think they'd also shy away from Justin Hunter's questionable hands, with Troy Williamson still an all too fresh memory. I think it will end up being either DeAndre Hopkins in the 1st round or Aaron Dobson in the 2nd, if available.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I don't have an ESPN Insider subscription but from what I understand, Mel Kiper and Todd McShay both had the Bears picking Te'o at #20 in their final mock drafts. Mayock did too so I wonder if these guys are guessing or if they've heard something.

Personally, if the Bears get an offer to trade down, I think they'll take it. They could use more picks in this draft.

Pete Pricso has the Vikes trading pick #23 to Buffalo (who then selects Ryan Nassib) and the drafting Desmond Trufant at #25.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Vikings.com has the predictions (for the Vikes picks) of several prominent mock drafts in one place:

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/M ... 61cc9054a2

Rick Gosselin's mock doesn't appear to be up yet. I wonder if he'll do one this year. I would have thought it would be available by now.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote:I don't have an ESPN Insider subscription but from what I understand, Mel Kiper and Todd McShay both had the Bears picking Te'o at #20 in their final mock drafts. Mayock did too so I wonder if these guys are guessing or if they've heard something.

Personally, if the Bears get an offer to trade down, I think they'll take it. They could use more picks in this draft.

Pete Pricso has the Vikes trading pick #23 to Buffalo (who then selects Ryan Nassib) and the drafting Desmond Trufant at #25.
You have to wonder about it if all three draft gurus are saying the Bears are zeroing in on Te'o. I'm guessing some inside info has been available to them. Who knows? Maybe it's all a bluff. Let's face it, if it was Spielman providing info on the Vikings, he would love to derail the draft gurus and the other NFL teams with bogus news.

That said, the Bears have big time questions at MLB and their OL. As we both speculated before, Jim, they may try filling those gaps first and foremost.

I wish the Bears weren't picking before the Vikings. There are some players in this draft, including WRs, that I don't want them to get.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

losperros wrote: You have to wonder about it if all three draft gurus are saying the Bears are zeroing in on Te'o. I'm guessing some inside info has been available to them. Who knows? Maybe it's all a bluff. Let's face it, if it was Spielman providing info on the Vikings, he would love to derail the draft gurus and the other NFL teams with bogus news.

That said, the Bears have big time questions at MLB and their OL. As we both speculated before, Jim, they may try filling those gaps first and foremost.

I wish the Bears weren't picking before the Vikings. There are some players in this draft, including WRs, that I don't want them to get.
At the same time it's the bears though, who's the last guy they drafted that was any good, Forte? They had to trade or pick up all their players, Cutler, Marshal, Peppers, etc.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mondry wrote:At the same time it's the bears though, who's the last guy they drafted that was any good, Forte? They had to trade or pick up all their players, Cutler, Marshal, Peppers, etc.
They drafted melton a year after forte. :)

They haven't exactly put together a string of outstanding drafts in recent years, have they?
Deadpool
Rookie

Post by Deadpool »

mrc44 wrote: Ian Rapapotimus reported that the vikes and bears are in competition to get to Te'o. So he seems to have heard earlier that we re going to trade up, and now believes if we do it will be to get Te'o. I absolutely hate this idea. I don't mind is grabbing Te'o I guess, but trading up for him!!?! C'mon man!
If it's "only" our late 4th rounder I don't mind too much.. but knowing how things work, it's probably our 3rd or high 4th. That would annoy me.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mrc44 wrote:He just doesn't have enough upside compared to other LB's to trade up.
Eh... I really think that sort of things is largely a question of how each team and person evaluates a player. Value in the draft is highly subjective and upside is never just a question of athletic upside.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote:Vikings.com has the predictions (for the Vikes picks) of several prominent mock drafts in one place:

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/M ... 61cc9054a2

Rick Gosselin's mock doesn't appear to be up yet. I wonder if he'll do one this year. I would have thought it would be available by now.
I don't think he's doing mocks anymore, I recall his role at the newspaper changed.
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

Schrager's mock draft seems reasonable in the first, then he has Te'o going in the second round to the Vikes, then basically Spiel goes crazy on linebackers from that point on. I think he has the Vikings taking somewhere around 5-6 backers. Insane. AND he has them taking a TE in the fourth AND a RB.

Schrager's a Fox Sports guy, so take that as you will. That's easily the most goofy mock I've seen so far. He also has Robert Woods as his number two receiver in the draft.

I typically trust Walter's and DraftTek's mocks over most of these analysts, but Schrager's came up in my RSS feed, so I just gave it a peek. Crazy. I have them taking two linebackers and even then I feel a little weird doing that.

I also have a weird and uneasy feeling that they're going to draft Tyler Bray in the third as a developmental quarterback. He epitomizes the "high ceiling, questionable now" nature of a project.
Last edited by Rus on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Rus
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Rus wrote:Schrager's mock draft seems reasonable in the first, then he has Te'o going in the second round to the Vikes, then basically Spiel goes crazy on linebackers from that point on. I think he has the Vikings taking somewhere around 5-6 backers. Insane. AND he has them taking a TE in the fourth AND a RB.

Schrager's a Fox Sports guy, so take that as you will. That's easily the most goofy mock I've seen so far. He also has Robert Woods as his number two receiver in the draft.

I typically trust Walter's and DraftTek's mocks over most of these analysts, but Schrager's came up in my RSS feed, so I just gave it a peek. Crazy. I have them taking two linebackers and even then I feel a little weird doing that.
Just goes to show what most of us have always suspected - a team can never have too many linebackers...

I think I threw that Schrager draft out with the other garbage this morning...