Anchor for Vikings D-line is possible in Round 1

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Anchor for Vikings D-line is possible in Round 1

Post by Mothman »

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 92451.html
“One thing I’m looking at very hard is where our depth is in 2014 as well,” Spielman said. “If there’s a significant player there that may not have as big a significant role in 2013 but can have a tremendous impact for our team in 2014, that is definitely going to come into consideration as well.”
“There are a lot of good defensive tackles [in this draft],” Spielman said. “I don’t want to compare any of these players to Kevin Williams because I think Kevin Williams is one of the greatest defensive tackles to play that under [tackle] position. I wish I could predict that [about another player], but I don’t know that. But I know we feel very strongly about a lot of these defensive tackles in this draft.”
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Anchor for Vikings D-line is possible in Round 1

Post by Texas Vike »

Interesting.

I wonder if that is the position that they may be moving up for? We're about to find out!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Jeffbleedspurple wrote:I don't think they will be moving up for anyone, actually! They mentioned they will more than likely be moving back in the draft.

This week the rumor is they're moving down. Last week, it was that they are moving up. It's probably just "Crazy Rick" doing what he does. I'm ready for the draft to start already!
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Texas Vike wrote:
This week the rumor is they're moving down. Last week, it was that they are moving up. It's probably just "Crazy Rick" doing what he does. I'm ready for the draft to start already!

I agree. Right now I wouldn't want to bet on what the Vikings are going to do. Personally, I hope they keep both 1st round picks and it wouldn't bother me a bit if they used one of them on a DT. Actually, I'd have no problem if they used both R1 picks on their D.