View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:25 pm



Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Ogletree-MLB 
Author Message
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 72
Location: Stamford, CT
Post Ogletree-MLB
No other draft-eligible players at linebacker have the physical gifts that Ogletree does. A former safety, he's one of the best athletes at the position. He has great speed and quickness, and can chase down plays from behind. Ogletree likely could play any of the three linebacker spots in Minnesota's defense, as well as be a prototype nickel linebacker. He likely needs to get stronger and learn how to take on blocks better. The Vikings haven't been shy about taking on players with off-field issues in the back half of drafts and it's paid off with successes like Randy Moss and Percy Harvin. Is Ogletree the next character concern that ends up rewarding Minnesota?

Or do we go with Ti-O?


Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:21 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4013
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
Only if he ended up being a real long-term option--unlike those other guys.

The talent is great and all, but it's not fun trying to fix people!

_________________
Image


Last edited by Funkytown on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4013
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
Te'o though? Hmm. How much more stable is he? lol J/K.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Funkytown on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 3565
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
I am 100 % sold on Teo :!:

_________________
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.


Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:41 am
Profile
Commissioner

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:24 pm
Posts: 23761
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
No thanks. Pass on him, and Teo.

At least Ogletree could physically do everything that was asked of him in this defense, which Te'o can't. And will never be able to. You don't suddenly change the way you play physically.

Doesn't change the fact he's a crazy person and I wouldn't want him anywhere near this roster!


Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:31 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 3565
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
2012 college football awards: Manti Te'o:

Bronko Nagurski Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Vince Lombardi/Rotary Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Walter Camp Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Dick Butkus Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Chuck Bednarik Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Maxwell Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
And this was just his senior year. Yes it sure would be foolish to draft this loser :rofl:

_________________
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.


Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 72
Location: Stamford, CT
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
Demi wrote:
No thanks. Pass on him, and Teo.

At least Ogletree could physically do everything that was asked of him in this defense, which Te'o can't. And will never be able to. You don't suddenly change the way you play physically.

Doesn't change the fact he's a crazy person and I wouldn't want him anywhere near this roster!


You could be right but Moss and Carter were also head cases and they worked out OK for the most part. Harvin was also a problem child but if Ponder was a better QB and the Vikes had a more imaginitive play caller and better players he probably would still be with the Vikes.

And:
Bronko Nagurski Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Vince Lombardi/Rotary Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Walter Camp Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Dick Butkus Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Chuck Bednarik Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Maxwell Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

Te'o can't be all that bad based on his senior year performance and overall play at ND...and please don't tell me he played poorly in the championship game..the whole team got overwhelmed by a FAR superior team!!!


Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:16 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 3565
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
Purple bruise wrote:
2012 college football awards: Manti Te'o:

Bronko Nagurski Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Vince Lombardi/Rotary Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Walter Camp Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Dick Butkus Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Chuck Bednarik Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Maxwell Award - Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
And this was just his senior year. Yes it sure would be foolish to draft this loser :rofl:


So you're telling me just because he won a bunch of awards in college, he won't be a bust?

The guy is overrated as a player and brings Tebow-eque attention. No thanks.


Seriously, that is what you got out of that :confused: You claim that he is overated and yet received all of these awards. There must be a whole lot of people that know a whole lot less about him than you do to have bestowed all of these awards upon him. :shock: What is your secret? Please call Spielman so he does not screw up and draft him for god sakes. And what is this crazy Tebow comparison (that is laughable)?

_________________
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.


Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23164
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
I'm saying just because he won awards doesn't mean a thing.


So the awards for best linebacker in the nation doesn't mean a thing? Makes sense. I wouldn't want a highly decorated guy either. :?

Put it this way, what if Ogletree won them? Or Brown? Then would they be valid?

Quote:
Great college players turn into flops in the pros all the time.


They also turn into starters, Pro Bowlers and Hall of Famers. In addition to Te'o, here are a few recent names that have won the Butkus Award: Luke Kuechly, Von Miller, James Laurinaitis, Patrick Willis. Of course, there are also guys that have won it by the name of: Rolando McClain (headcase), Aaron Curry (knee injuries). Basing of this history, if he's not a knucklehead (which he isn't, not in the selfish "me first" criminal way) and stays healthy, he has a real shot at joining some elite company.

More fun; recent players that have won the Bronko Nagurski Trophy (for best defensive player in the country): Luke Kuechly, Da'Quan Bowers, Ndamukong Suh, Brian Orakpo, James Laurinaitis, Elvis Dumervil, Derrick Johnson, Terrell Suggs. Could Te'o break the trend of at least solid players? Of course. But he's in good company.

Quote:
The guy was good but was extremely overrated because he played for Notre Dame and they were good.


Yeah, he didn't have anything to do with their being good.

Quote:
He shouldn't have sniff the Heisman and I can count at least 10 more worthy players than him (2 being fellow defensive players). If he played for like LSU and put up identical stats he's no where near as hyped.


That's a popular opinion but is no way verifiable. The fact remains that he was a very productive collegiate player. It shouldn't matter what team he was on.

Quote:
The Tebow-comparison is valid. *I'm not the first one to make it. The guy will bring extreme media coverage both from his college hype and the whole catfish thing will still follow him. We'll see headlines like "Te'o has 5 tackles in debut" meanwhile Christian Ponder could throw for 350 yards and it'll be a footnote.


Of course he'll be a story, but the degree will be based on which market he's in. New York? Yes, most likely. Minnesota? I'm sure it'll warrant some early coverage but I'm pretty sure that whole catfish deal will be a thing of the past once preseason rolls around. A five-tackle performance will not warrant a headline. He's not going to bring Tebow/Favre-like media attention.

Quote:
He's a 2nd round prospect as a player IMO, and the media circus that follows him is not worth. I much rather draft Ogletree and just give him a babysitter a la Dez Bryant.


A second round prospect is a bit low in my eyes, but he could go anywhere from 20-45, which seems about right and the general consensus. It'll be interesting to see where he lands.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:06 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4013
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
Just by the "good ol' eye test" Te'o seems overrated to me. I've read a quite of few similar comments, too. I don't watch college football, though. Based on the comments I read from the Te'o article on the Star Tribune, the fans (I'm assuming a good majority are from Minnesota) aren't too impressed with Te'o. Seems like a lot would be upset with the pick. We'll see how it plays out! Just a few more days!

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:22 pm
Posts: 75
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
Te'o has definitely been overrated/over hyped. a lot has to do with ND having a "magical" season (which i think was not that impressive at all) he did ok. Ogletree minus the headaches would be a no brainer


Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:09 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:53 pm
Posts: 8438
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
big deli Vike wrote:
Te'o has definitely been overrated/over hyped. a lot has to do with ND having a "magical" season (which i think was not that impressive at all) he did ok. Ogletree minus the headaches would be a no brainer


No kidding, a high character Ogeltree would probably be a top 15 pick, which wouldn't really matter for us since we couldn't get him!


Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:04 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
I'm saying just because he won awards doesn't mean a thing. Great college players turn into flops in the pros all the time. The guy was good but was extremely overrated because he played for Notre Dame and they were good. He shouldn't have sniff the Heisman and I can count at least 10 more worthy players than him (2 being fellow defensive players). If he played for like LSU and put up identical stats he's no where near as hyped.


LOL! Right, because Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu certainly hasn't been relentlessly hyped. LSU plays in the most hyped conference in college football.

Quote:
The Tebow-comparison is valid. *I'm not the first one to make it. The guy will bring extreme media coverage both from his college hype and the whole catfish thing will still follow him. We'll see headlines like "Te'o has 5 tackles in debut" meanwhile Christian Ponder could throw for 350 yards and it'll be a footnote.

He's a 2nd round prospect as a player IMO, and the media circus that follows him is not worth. I much rather draft Ogletree and just give him a babysitter a la Dez Bryant.


That way the headline can just be "Ogletree Arrested!".

The more I read claims that Te'o was overhyped because he played at Notre Dame, the more I wonder if a lot of the people making that claim just don't like Notre Dame (and let's face it, there are plenty of football fans who fall into that category).


Last edited by Mothman on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:21 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23164
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
The Alabama game get overrated and underrated because its one game. But it was the closest thing to a NFL caliber OL he saw in 4 years and he did get manhandled.


Yikes. Then we'd better bypass all the LBs in this draft. They were all pretty bad vs. Alabama. :shock:

Kevin Minter vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVYCtqkLa-U

Alec Ogletree vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:44 pm
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:38 pm
Posts: 385
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
dead_poet wrote:
80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
The Alabama game get overrated and underrated because its one game. But it was the closest thing to a NFL caliber OL he saw in 4 years and he did get manhandled.


Quote:
Yikes. Then we'd better bypass all the LBs in this draft. They were all pretty bad vs. Alabama.
:shock:

Kevin Minter vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVYCtqkLa-U

Alec Ogletree vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8



:lol: :appl:


Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:36 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
I couldn't care less about Notre Dame. But I do know if Te'bow plays for any other school he's not a Heisman finalist and isn't talked about as much.


How do you "know" that? The actual Tebow (I was amused by your re-spelling of Te'o above... clever) received a crazy level of hype and he didn't play for Notre Dame.

Quote:
Even if Notre Dame had an offensive player worth a damn this year neither of those things happen.


They did: Tyler Eifert, a likely first round pick.

Quote:
As for Ogletree. He may or may not get arrested. But even if he does it won't be on a weekly basis thus needing to be talked about. I'm tired of the circuses from The Love Boat to the Whizzanator to Favre (x3) to Moss II and everything that involved Baldylocks (And even Harvin to a much lesser extent). The circus is finally leaving town we don't need to tell it to come back.


I don't like the circus atmosphere either but I seriously doubt that will linger long with Te'o unless he does something extremely newsworthy or controversial to prolong it.

Quote:
I'd prefer Arthur Brown to both taking everything into account.


Now there's a player who may be over-hyped in this draft.... not that I don't think he can play. I just think a lot of folks have moved him up boards because he's not Te'o or Ogletree rather than because he actually belongs in the middle of the first round.

Quote:
It seems Me, Demi and VikingLord are in the minority here but not wanting Te'o doesn't make us Notre Dame haters (well I don't know if they are but I'm not.)


Good to know... I just don't buy the "it's all because he played at Notre Dame" explanations. Rather than Te'o getting over-hyped because of where he played, I think he was hyped because of how he played and what he and the team he played for achieved last year by completely defying expectations and getting into the National Championship game.


Last edited by Mothman on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:04 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
dead_poet wrote:
80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
The Alabama game get overrated and underrated because its one game. But it was the closest thing to a NFL caliber OL he saw in 4 years and he did get manhandled.


Yikes. Then we'd better bypass all the LBs in this draft. They were all pretty bad vs. Alabama. :shock:

Kevin Minter vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVYCtqkLa-U

Alec Ogletree vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8



...and all the defensive players in this draft who struggled against Alabama.


Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:05 pm
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 am
Posts: 131
Location: Braham, Minnesota
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
Mothman wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
The Alabama game get overrated and underrated because its one game. But it was the closest thing to a NFL caliber OL he saw in 4 years and he did get manhandled.


Yikes. Then we'd better bypass all the LBs in this draft. They were all pretty bad vs. Alabama. :shock:

Kevin Minter vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVYCtqkLa-U

Alec Ogletree vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8



...and all the defensive players in this draft who struggled against Alabama.


Or why not just every player that ever struggled against any SEC team or any team at all. They struggled they're gonna suck! :puke:

_________________
In victory,magnanimity; In defeat, defiance! - Fredrick The Great


Image


Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:57 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:28 am
Posts: 1653
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
If there's anything that is overhyped about Te'o it the "overhyped" label he has received. The notion that he is so vastly overhyped because of the team he played for is, to be very blunt, absolutely ridiculous.

Now let me start out by saying, yes I do believe Te'o was overhyped to an extent in college. The claims that he was the best MLB prospect to come in the past decade were exaggerations. The top 10 "lock" predictions were over selling him. And I would even say that the Heisman nomination, while not completely unfounded, was probably also an exaggeration of the year he had. But so what? Why does "overhyped" have to = bad player? Why when hype is taken to one extreme does everyone who disagrees feel the need to take it to the exact opposite extreme? It's silly. There are a lot of overhyped prospects that don't end up taking the extreme scrutiny for it, as Te'o has. Lets look at say Star Lotulelei. Once universally considered the top DT prospect and a top 5 selection, now you'll rarely see him considered as high. Does this mean he's a bad prospect or should drop out of the first round? Absolutely not. His hype was too high, and now that has been corrected and he sits where he rightfully should.

What exactly does playing for Notre Dame have to do with Manti Te'o's hype. Last time I checked there were 11 starters on that Notre Dame defense, and numerous talented Golden Domers who played at a high level for the team who never received the notoriety that Te'o has. How come playing for Notre Dame automatically puts Te'o in the spotlight and make him so overhyped, but yet a talented player like Harrison Smith fly somewhat under the radar as far as "hype" just one year ago. If Te'o is really just an "everyman" average player who is boasted for playing on Notre Dame, why aren't the other average Gold Dome defenders who started for Notre Dame's "magical season" Zeke Motta and Kapron Lewis-Moore so heavily overhyped?

If playing for Notre Dame's defense is the only qualification it takes to be so vastly overhyped, why is it that Te'o is the only one to be nominated for the Heisman? Where are all the other Golden Domers' collegiate awards?

Maybe we should stop simply looking at the college team he played for and look at the kid himself. Maybe the answer to those questions is because those other players are not the talent that Te'o is. Maybe just maybe, Te'o's a great football player who just happened to receive a little more praise than he deserved. Maybe his hype came from being the best player on one of the best (if not the best) defenses in the country. Maybe being the leader of that defense is the reason he gets so much attention. Maybe it's because his coach believes he has the best intangibles and leadership of any football player he's ever coached in the 20+ years he's been a coach that makes Te'o so warrant such hype.

I don't know about the rest of you, but to me those aren't negatives. His hype was over exaggerated, sure. But where there's smoke, there's fire. The media didn't simply play pin the tail on the Golden Domer to decide which Notre Dame player would receive all their praise. He earned that praise, not for the team he played for, but how he played for that team. To suggest otherwise is asinine.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 3565
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
People that admittedly do not watch college football but Teo does NOT pass their eye test WTF :wallbang:
How is this for an eye test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJfkFuJDPd4

PLEASE draft this kid if he is there :smilevike:

_________________
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.


Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:13 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:28 am
Posts: 1653
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
Lotulelei has dropped because he has a heart condition.



No, he was dropping before the heart condition was discovered, and since has been cleared medically to a point where the heart condition isn't really a factor.

Fact of the matter is Star is not and never has been a disruptive player. He is a very solid DT prospect, but he isn't an elite talent.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:18 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:22 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Portland, Oregon
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
I'm kind of getting sick of the Ogletree/Urlacher comparisons.

Ogletree can't hold a candle to Brian Urlacher, not in terms of pure workout numbers. Urlacher was an absolute beast. His combination of size, strength, and speed was almost unique for a middle linebacker.

Ogletree is shorter, lighter, and slower than Brian Urlacher. He's closer to Ray Lewis or Takeo Spikes if you were to compare him with a well-regarded linebacker. As I went back and watched a few old Georgia games, I got kind of an uneasy feeling that the guy was benefiting from some excess hype. (I don't get into the off-the-field stuff, as that requires actually talking to a guy to understand...the media twists those things out of proportion all the time.)

At this point, I actually like Arthur Brown a lot more. I think he's got better instincts for the position. Ogletree has those moments where he just blows everything up, but he also has moments where you can't figure out why he was totally taken out of a play. Brown, on the other hand, doesn't seem to make those sorts of mistakes, and he's bigger than originally advertised (which size was the biggest knock on Brown...he's actually about as big as Te'o). I actually like Minter more too, but that one's close. The knock on Minter was that he was slow...and that might show up when he's actually playing...but his combine numbers didn't show that. Still a lot faster than Audie Cole.

I don't think Ogletree will play the middle well in a NFL offense, let alone a 4-3. I think he could be pretty good inside in a 3-4, and could play really well outside in a 4-3...but I wouldn't think he's a middle. I don't think his instincts are sharp...and you need instincts, not insane speed/quickness to play the middle.

_________________
-Rus


Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:57 pm
Profile ICQ
Hall of Fame Inductee

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:22 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Portland, Oregon
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
Mothman wrote:

The more I read claims that Te'o was overhyped because he played at Notre Dame, the more I wonder if a lot of the people making that claim just don't like Notre Dame (and let's face it, there are plenty of football fans who fall into that category).


I say he's overhyped, and I'm fine with Notre Dame. The guy got a LOT of coverage, and built a very captivating media story that got a lot of attention...which other linebackers didn't benefit from. The guy made himself into a household name by marketing himself brilliantly (until he was caught...and that even made him more well-known). I just think there's some risk involved in regards to whether or not his skills translate really well to the pros. I don't compare him to Tebow or whatever...that's just ridiculous. They don't play the same position, for one, and for another, Tebow has always been almost a gimmicky wildcat quarterback whereas Te'o obviously is equipped to play the middle spot in any conventional defense. But I do think there are other linebackers that might be a safer bet and a better fit for the Vikings defense.

Even with the comparisons to Chris Spielman, the Vikings don't really run the same defense as the 80's Bears. Ultimately, the guys who define how this defense looks are Williams, Singletary, and Frazier. Judging from the types of linebackers they seem to prefer, Te'o kind of seems like an apple vs. a bunch of oranges. (Then again, they drafted Audie Cole, so who knows)

The only thing that sucks about drafting linebackers is that they tend to have no trade value. Teams generally can have their pick in the middle rounds in any draft, and plenty more in free agency, so trading for them is kinda rare. Running backs, wide receivers, and quarterbacks generally have all the value...but in a draft like this where there aren't a lot of trade worthy quarterbacks, the Vikes might as well load up on those spots that they'd otherwise consider dealing around.

_________________
-Rus


Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:09 pm
Profile ICQ
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4013
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
Purple bruise wrote:
People that admittedly do not watch college football but Teo does NOT pass their eye test WTF :wallbang:
How is this for an eye test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJfkFuJDPd4

PLEASE draft this kid if he is there :smilevike:


No one has to watch college football religiously to form an opinion on a prospect, especially this time of year.

Also, nice video. It almost beats the one you posted after searching my name and assuming some dorky video had something to do with me. lol. Anyways, ironically, this is the same video I was unimpressed with from the start. Again, nice try. :) My Grandma could make some of these plays. No joke. She just had back surgery today though, so let's give her a couple weeks. :)

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 3565
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
MelanieMFunk wrote:
Purple bruise wrote:
People that admittedly do not watch college football but Teo does NOT pass their eye test WTF :wallbang:
How is this for an eye test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJfkFuJDPd4

PLEASE draft this kid if he is there :smilevike:


No one has to watch college football religiously to form an opinion on a prospect, especially this time of year.

Also, nice video. It almost beats the one you posted after searching my name and assuming some dorky video had something to do with me. lol. Anyways, ironically, this is the same video I was unimpressed with from the start. Again, nice try. :) My Grandma could make some of these plays. No joke. She just had back surgery today though, so let's give her a couple weeks. :)

Oh no, I have once again been "T-Joked". :yawn:

_________________
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.


Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:41 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4013
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
Purple bruise wrote:
MelanieMFunk wrote:
Purple bruise wrote:
People that admittedly do not watch college football but Teo does NOT pass their eye test WTF :wallbang:
How is this for an eye test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJfkFuJDPd4

PLEASE draft this kid if he is there :smilevike:


No one has to watch college football religiously to form an opinion on a prospect, especially this time of year.

Also, nice video. It almost beats the one you posted after searching my name and assuming some dorky video had something to do with me. lol. Anyways, ironically, this is the same video I was unimpressed with from the start. Again, nice try. :) My Grandma could make some of these plays. No joke. She just had back surgery today though, so let's give her a couple weeks. :)

Oh no, I have once again been "T-Joked". :yawn:


Yeah. And I've been cyberstalked. I'll let you decide which one is worse. :wink:

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:22 pm
Posts: 75
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
those highlights dont make minter look good but ogletree made some plays. he also missed some tackles like overrunning Yeldon. but he made some nice stops on the goal line. he's quick too. just looks like a good football player


Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:58 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:12 pm
Posts: 5528
Location: The Great White North
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
It seems Me, Demi and VikingLord are in the minority here but not wanting Te'o doesn't make us Notre Dame haters (well I don't know if they are but I'm not.)


I want to make it clear - it's not that I don't want the Vikings to draft Teo. I just don't want them to spend one of their 1st rounders on him. If they take him in the 3rd I'd be OK with it.

I know there is no way Teo makes it to the 3rd, but that doesn't change my personal opinion that he's a late 3rd to early 5th round prospect. Someone posted that half of the teams have Teo rated as a 1st rounder, but that means half don't, and if that is true one would hope a GM like Spielman would at least try to trade down into the early 2nd to get him if that is the guy he really wants. I think Teo will easily make it into the top half of the 2nd round if Minnesota passes on him. I'm not sure he falls all the way to their 2nd rounder in that scenario, but the only team that looks like it could take Teo in the 1st right now is Minnesota. Go figure.


Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:17 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23164
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
VikingLord wrote:
Someone posted that half of the teams have Teo rated as a 1st rounder, but that means half don't, and if that is true one would hope a GM like Spielman would at least try to trade down into the early 2nd to get him if that is the guy he really wants.


Why would he make that gamble?

Quote:
I think Teo will easily make it into the top half of the 2nd round if Minnesota passes on him. I'm not sure he falls all the way to their 2nd rounder in that scenario, but the only team that looks like it could take Teo in the 1st right now is Minnesota. Go figure.


In addition to the Vikings, he's been linked to the Bears, Giants and Ravens.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:28 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:12 pm
Posts: 5528
Location: The Great White North
Post Re: Ogletree-MLB
dead_poet wrote:
VikingLord wrote:
Someone posted that half of the teams have Teo rated as a 1st rounder, but that means half don't, and if that is true one would hope a GM like Spielman would at least try to trade down into the early 2nd to get him if that is the guy he really wants.


Why would he make that gamble?

Quote:
I think Teo will easily make it into the top half of the 2nd round if Minnesota passes on him. I'm not sure he falls all the way to their 2nd rounder in that scenario, but the only team that looks like it could take Teo in the 1st right now is Minnesota. Go figure.


In addition to the Vikings, he's been linked to the Bears, Giants and Ravens.


Because it's not that much of a gamble IMHO. Plenty of mocks have Teo going in the 2nd. There is far from any consensus that the teams you mentioned would be inclined to spend their 1st on Teo.


Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:33 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.