Not Another Te'o Post

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Not Another Te'o Post

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

^
good post. I dont know if Teo is the best LB for us, but I dont want people to exclude him simply cause hes from ND. Or for one game where the ND line played really bad. I still think hes the best 4-3 MIKE out of the bunch. Hes been a class act his whole time there, and a born leader. And even as a kid he can cover better then Greenway. Well, im still not sure if Greenway cant cover, or is told to let the play happen in front of him and not get beat.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Mercy Percy wrote: You are comparing Apples to Oranges in Tebow and Te'o Tebow cant throw the ball which is essential for a quarterback.
I think Tebow can throw the ball just fine. What he can't consistently do is read the field and make the right throw at the right time.
Mercy Percy wrote: How many MLB's are frequently covering Slot WR's and TE's Would you rather have a MLB that can barely tackle? Is weak inside and gets pushed around? But can cover the middle of the field well? Or have someone who can do both things fairly well? 11 passes deflected is pretty good for a MLB also some of those interceptions are also because of his intangibles, and putting himself in the right situation at the right time, and hustling to the ball. So he wont turn into a great 3 down MLB in league history? Earlier in the year we were wishing that we would be able to snag Te'o now that we should be able to not so many people want him anymore.
What MLB can't tackle? Are you talking about Ogletree? The same Ogletree that led his team in tackles despite missing the first 4 games of the season?

Assuming you're referring to Ogletree again (I can't tell since you didn't name him and I doubt you're posing a hypothetical, but if so, let me know), who says he is "weak" inside? That criticism was levied by a draft analysis in relation to Ogletree's over-reliance on his speed and his willingness to let blockers get into him instead of using his hands to keep them off while he sets up to read the play, both of which are very correctable "problems" for a LB to have. Put it this way - would you rather draft a guy who has all the physical skills and just needs some work on technique, or would you rather draft a guy who lacks certain physical skills but has great technique already? I guess for the Teo backers the answer is the latter, and for me it is too, provided that choice has to be made in the middle rounds of the draft. In the first round, though, if that is the choice I'll take the former and roll the dice on getting a better player a few years down the road.

I guess we'll see where this ends up. Spielman has a lot more skin in this game than anyone else. If he judges Teo worthy of a 1st rounder, then so be it and I hope he's right.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Put it this way - would you rather draft a guy who has all the physical skills and just needs some work on technique, or would you rather draft a guy who lacks certain physical skills but has great technique already?
That's how I feel too. Te'o just doesn't have the physical tools to be highly successful in this defense. Which Ogletree and Brown as two examples do. I'm sick of guys who aren't a fit for the defense we're running!!!
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

VikingLord wrote: I think Tebow can throw the ball just fine. What he can't consistently do is read the field and make the right throw at the right time.

Assuming you're referring to Ogletree again (I can't tell since you didn't name him and I doubt you're posing a hypothetical, but if so, let me know), who says he is "weak" inside? That criticism was levied by a draft analysis in relation to Ogletree's over-reliance on his speed and his willingness to let blockers get into him instead of using his hands to keep them off while he sets up to read the play, both of which are very correctable "problems" for a LB to have. Put it this way - would you rather draft a guy who has all the physical skills and just needs some work on technique, or would you rather draft a guy who lacks certain physical skills but has great technique already? I guess for the Teo backers the answer is the latter, and for me it is too, provided that choice has to be made in the middle rounds of the draft. In the first round, though, if that is the choice I'll take the former and roll the dice on getting a better player a few years down the road.

I guess we'll see where this ends up. Spielman has a lot more skin in this game than anyone else. If he judges Teo worthy of a 1st rounder, then so be it and I hope he's right.
Tebow's release is so long that corners, and safeties can react and get there so fast and it allows him to get sacked more. I
What MLB can't tackle? Are you talking about Ogletree? The same Ogletree that led his team in tackles despite missing the first 4 games of the season?

I was also talking about Te'o in the post, this is a te'o post right ? Ogeltree is an athletic freak yeah id have no problem with taking him he just has a lot of red flags
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Mercy Percy wrote: Tebow's release is so long that corners, and safeties can react and get there so fast and it allows him to get sacked more. I

I was also talking about Te'o in the post, this is a te'o post right ? Ogeltree is an athletic freak yeah id have no problem with taking him he just has a lot of red flags
teo has all the intangibles, he has a nose for the ball and he would be able to direct traffic very well in the tampa 2 imo.