Vikings Message Board User Mock Drafts

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Vikings Message Board User Mock Drafts

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Hello again everyone! Well, it is that time of year again - it is mock draft season time! I am resurrecting this thread from last year. That way, everyone can have a place to post their own mock drafts and not have to make new topics. Anyway, please, feel free to post your mock draft here as often as you would like. I know for a fact I will be posting mine here a lot again this year.

EDIT: Here is my new draft (4-13-14). I will update this post as the offseason progresses. I will also keep the links to the my previous mocks on this post.

http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/20290 (FINAL MOCK! 5-8-14)

http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/17957 (5-4-14)

http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/16714/1 (4-26-14)

http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/15039 (4-13-14)

http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/14338 (4-4-14)

http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/10828 (3-16-14)

http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/6408 (2-26-14)

http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/5298 (2-14-14)

http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/4709/1 (2-7-14)
Last edited by HardcoreVikesFan on Thu May 08, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 25 times in total.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings Message Board User Mock Drafts

Post by VikingLord »

I'd be fine if that is how it turned out for the Vikes.
CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

New guy here. Huge draftnik so ill be active in the draft threads.

Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
Jaguars: Geno Smith, QB, West Virgina
Raiders: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
Eagles: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
Lions: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
Browns: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Cardinals: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
Bills: Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU
Jets: Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
Titans: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Chargers: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Dolphins: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
Buccaneers: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Panthers: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Mizzou
Saints: Tank Carradine, DE/OLB, Florida State
Rams: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Steelers: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
Cowboys: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
Bears: Arthur Brown, MLB, Kansas State
Bengals, Jonathan Cypren, SS, FIU
Rams: Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas
Vikings: Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame*
Colts: Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
Vikings: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
Packers: Alex Okafor, OLB, Texas
Texans: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
Broncos: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Patriots: Dantone Jones, DE, UCLA
Falcons: Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
49ers: Matt Elam, FS, Florida
Ravens: Alec Ogletree, MLB, Georgia

I have Te'o to the vikings after Charlie Casserly and Mike Mayock both said he is more of a zone coverage MLB, Casserly even noted the vikings as a good possibility for the Te'o.

Hopkins is a clone of Roddy White. Kid has soft hands, runs beautiful routs and plays much bigger than his 6'0 frame shows. Would pair great with Jennings.
In victory,magnanimity; In defeat, defiance! - Fredrick The Great

CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

Will post round 2 shortly

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

VikingLord wrote:I'd be fine if that is how it turned out for the Vikes.

Me as well. Even if Minnesota went Kawann Short instead of Arthur Brown I would be fine with it. I will only be disappointed if we take Manti Te'o with either of our first round picks.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

CaptainKirov wrote:New guy here. Huge draftnik so ill be active in the draft threads.

I have Te'o to the vikings after Charlie Casserly and Mike Mayock both said he is more of a zone coverage MLB, Casserly even noted the vikings as a good possibility for the Te'o.

Hopkins is a clone of Roddy White. Kid has soft hands, runs beautiful routs and plays much bigger than his 6'0 frame shows. Would pair great with Jennings.
Thank you for posting, and welcome to the board!

(BTW, I love your avatar's play on "stacking that bread)! I laughed pretty hard when I saw it.
big deli Vike
Backup

Post by big deli Vike »

CaptainKirov wrote:New guy here. Huge draftnik so ill be active in the draft threads.

Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
Jaguars: Geno Smith, QB, West Virgina
Raiders: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
Eagles: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
Lions: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
Browns: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Cardinals: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
Bills: Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU
Jets: Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
Titans: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Chargers: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Dolphins: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
Buccaneers: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Panthers: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Mizzou
Saints: Tank Carradine, DE/OLB, Florida State
Rams: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Steelers: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
Cowboys: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
Bears: Arthur Brown, MLB, Kansas State
Bengals, Jonathan Cypren, SS, FIU
Rams: Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas
Vikings: Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame*
Colts: Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
Vikings: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
Packers: Alex Okafor, OLB, Texas
Texans: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
Broncos: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Patriots: Dantone Jones, DE, UCLA
Falcons: Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
49ers: Matt Elam, FS, Florida
Ravens: Alec Ogletree, MLB, Georgia

switch Te'o with Olgetreeand thats fine IMO
CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

big deli Vike wrote:
switch Te'o with Olgetree and thats fine IMO
Id rather trade for Carson Palmer than draft Ogletree, personally. 3-4 Mike 4-3 Will according to Mike Mayock and pretty much everybody on NFL network and many other analysts. Add in the DUI and i doubt the vikings even consider him.

CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Thank you for posting, and welcome to the board!

(BTW, I love your avatar's play on "stacking that bread)! I laughed pretty hard when I saw it.
I got it in the spirit of Percy Harvin counting his money after the trade

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

CaptainKirov wrote: I got it in the spirit of Percy Harvin counting his money after the trade
Hahaha true that!
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Hey everyone. I was thinking that I would start a thread where everyone could post their own mock drafts. I will start by adding my mock draft. Every year I do a mock draft and I send it to friends and family.

HardcoreVikesFan's 2013 Mock Draft

1). Kansas City – Luke Joeckel, Offensive Tackle, Texas A&M - Analysis: Kansas City made a trade to acquire Alex Smith, so Geno Smith can be ruled out. Branden Albert was franchised tagged before free agency opened as well. However, tagging Albert doesn’t necessarily mean that Kansas City will not take Joeckel. Joeckel is the best offensive lineman in the draft. His kick slides in pass protection are flawless and his leverage is consistent while he blocks. (Previous: Joeckel, 1st: Joeckel)

2). Jacksonville – Shariff Floyd, Defensive Tackle, Florida
- Analysis: Jacksonville sorely needs a pass rusher but they also need someone on the interior line who can penetrate the offensive line. Floyd has a tremendous first step and has outstanding athleticism as a defensive tackle. (Previous: Floyd, 1st: Werner)

3). Oakland – Star Lotulelei, Defensive Tackle, Utah
- Analysis: Oakland was once strong at the defensive tackle position. However, this offseason, Oakland has lost Richard Seymour, Tommy Kelly, and Desmond Bryant. Needless to say, Oakland needs a defensive tackle. Lotulelei had a great pro day and his medical issues are no longer a concern. Lotulelei is quick off the ball and has great penetration ability as an interior lineman. (Previous: Lotulelei, 1st: Floyd)

4). Philadelphia – Dijon Jordan, Outside Linebacker, Oregon
- Analysis: The Eagles are foolishly transitioning to the 3-4 defense without the personnel to do so. The Eagles will need a piece to spark the new defense and Dijon Jordan could very well be that spark. Dijon Jordan had an unbelievable combine and solidified himself as the best 3-4 rush linebacker in the draft. Dijon Jordan has tremendous athleticism and is extremely explosive coming off the edge of the defense. Jordan is viewed favorably to Aldon Smith, and could be even better than Smith. (Previous: Jordan)

5). Detroit – Dee Milliner, Cornerback, Alabama
- Analysis: Detroit needs a cornerback, badly. Milliner has great size (6’2”) and he is very athletic. Milliner has a knack for finding the football and can contest the tight throws that NFL quarterbacks can consistently make. (Previous: Milliner, 1st: Milliner)

6). Cleveland – Ezekiel Ansah, Outside Linebacker, BYU
- Analysis: Cleveland lacks anyone that can rush the passer outside of Jabbal Sheard. With the Browns expected to move the 3-4 defense, an outside linebacker that can rush from the edge is must for the Browns’ defense. Ansah is an athletic freak but is very raw in terms of technique. With some quality NFL coaching, Ansah has the potential to become a great edge rusher. (Previous: Ansah, 1st: Ansah)

7). Arizona – Geno Smith, Quarterback, West Virgina
- Analysis: If Geno Smith is around when Arizona drafts, I think they will draft Smith because of two reasons: Arizona needs a quarterback and there is a new regime in Arizona. New head coach Bruce Arians will definitely want a quarterback he can develop and Smith is an intriguing prospect. Smith had a solid combine that solidified him as the top quarterback in the draft. (Previous: Smith, 1st: Smith)

8. Buffalo – Eric Fisher, Offensive Tackle, Central Michigan
- Analysis: Buffalo needs a quarterback, so if Geno Smith is available when the Bills pick, they will take him. However, should Smith be off the board, the Bills would most likely take Eric Fisher. By selecting Fisher, the Bills can move Cordy Glenn to right tackle and have a very formidable offensive line for C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson to play behind. (Previous: Fisher, 1st: Barkley).

9). New York (Jets) – Jarvis Jones, Outside Linebacker, Georgia
- Analysis: The Jets have quite a few needs this offseason, but no need is as large as finding a pass rusher. The Jets have zero outside rushers and that is very big problem for a 3-4 defense. Jarvis Jones has medical issues that could become career threatening if he is injured. Jones’ medical issues are a big reason why his stock is dropping. However, despite the medical issues, Jones is an undeniable talent. Jones is very explosive rushing off the edge of the defense. (Previous: Jones, 1st: Jones)

10). Tennessee – Chance Warmack, Guard, Alabama
- Analysis: The Titans signed Andy Levitre to replace the recently retired Steve Hutchinson. However, the Titans still could use new blood at the other guard spot as well. Chance Warmack is an even better prospect than David DeCastro was last year. Warmack is tremendous in pass protection and absolutely mauls defensive lineman while run blocking. (Previous: Warmack, 1st: Warmack)

11). San Diego – Lane Johnson, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma
- Analysis: San Diego needs an offensive tackle. Last year’s starting offensive tackle Jared Gaither was cut this offseason. Lane Johnson had an outstanding combine and really improved his draft stock. Johnson is superbly athletic and is a natural left tackle. (Previous: Johnson, 1st: Fisher)

12). Miami – Xavier Rhodes, Cornerback, Florida State
- Analysis: The Dolphins have ‘won’ the offseason, but remember, adding a bunch of players in free agency doesn’t always make you the ultimate winner. The Dolphins need a new cornerback given that Sean Smith left for Kansas City in free agency. Xavier Rhodes has great size, athleticism, and ball awareness. (Previous: Patterson)

13). Tampa Bay – Desmond Trufant, Cornerback, Washington
- Analysis: Tampa Bay has an up and coming defense. However, the Bucs desperately need a cornerback. Eric Wright was a huge free agent bust for the Bucs. Trufant is very fast and knows how utilize his size against the opposing wide receivers. Fun fact: Trufant is the younger brother of NFL players Marcus Trufant and Isaiah Trufant. (Previous: Trufant, 1st: Trufant)

14). Carolina – Sheldon Richardson, Defensive Tackle, Missouri
- Analysis: The Panthers need a defensive tackle that can penetrate the offensive front and open up the running lanes for their great linebackers to fill. Richardson would be the top defensive tackle in the draft if Shariff Floyd and Lotulelei were not in the draft. Richardson has a good motor and can generate interior pass rush. (Previous: Richardson, 1st: Lotulelei)

15). New Orleans – Barkevious Mingo, Outstide Linebacker, LSU
- Analysis: The Saints need a pass rusher as they transition to a 3-4 defense. Mingo is very athletic and could be a dangerous pass rusher on the edge. Mingo needs to play in defense that allows him to roam free as a pass rusher and New Orleans is the perfect fit for his talents. (Previous: Werner, 1st: Moore)

16). St. Louis – Cordarrelle Patterson, Wide Receiver, Tennessee
- Analysis: The Rams need a new receiver following the lost of Danny Amendola. Cordarrelle Patterson is the best wide receiver in the draft despite only playing one full season of NCAA football. Patterson is physical and has great hands. (Previous: Patterson, 1st: Johnson)

17). Pittsburgh – Tavon Austin, Wide Receiver, West Virgina
- Analysis: The Steelers need receiver to complement Antonio Brown, and may need another wide receiver should Emmanuel Sanders leave for New England. Tavon Austin is extremely fast, very shifty in the open field, and is a terror out of the slot. (Previous: Mingo, 1st: Mingo)

18). Dallas – Jonathan Cooper, Offensive Guard, North Carolina
- Analysis: Dallas needs interior offensive linemen badly. Nate Livings has not performed after receiving a sizeable check in free agency. Cooper is an amazing pass blocker as an interior offensive lineman. (Previous: Cooper, 1st: Vaccaro)

19). New York (Giants) – Bjoern Werner, Defensive End, Florida St.
- Analysis: The Giants surely don’t need another defensive lineman… or do they? The Giants are going to do what they do best and draft another defensive lineman with huge upside. Werner is not extremely athletic, but he is a hard worker and is very strong. Werner would be an excellent rotational player for New York. (Previous: Williams, 1st: Williams)

20). Chicago – D.J. Fluker, Offensive Tackle, Alabama
- Analysis: Chicago has arguably the worst offensive line in the NFL. Fluker was once the top tackle prospect heading into the NCAA season. Fluker needs some work with his pass protecting technique, but has the ability to become a top tackle in the NFL. (Previous: Fluker, 1st: Cooper)

21). Cincinnati – Alec Olgetree, Linebacker, Georgia
- Analysis: The Bengals could use an outside linebacker. The Bengals are not afraid to draft players with character issues, as Marvin Lewis is one of the few coaches in the NFL that can get the most out of a troubled player. Olgetree is very athletic, solid in coverage, and can shed the second level blocking of the opposing offensive line. (Previous: Olgetree, 1st: Olgetree)

22). St. Louis (From Washington) – Kenny Vaccaro, Safety, Texas
- Analysis: St. Louis needs a safety to replace the recently departed Quintin Mikell. Kenny Vaccaro is a very physical safety in the box and plays solid zone coverage. (Previous: Vaccaro, 1st: Elam)

23). Minnesota – Kennan Allen, Wide Receiver, California
- Analysis: The Vikings recently signed, “Put Da Team on my Back” Jennings to play either the split end spot or the flanker spot. However, the Vikings still need another receiver. Kennan Allen is finally healed up from the beating he took during the 2012 season. Allen is fast enough to be a deep threat, but also tough enough to make catches in the middle of the field. (Previous: Austin, 1st: Te’o)

24). Indianapolis – Jonathan Banks, Cornerback, Mississippi St.
- Analysis: The Colts need a corner that is better suited to play outside and opposite of Vontae Davis. Banks won the Jim Thorpe award for being the best defensive back in the nation in 2012. (Previous: Banks, 1st: Banks)

25). Minnesota (From Seattle) – Arthur Brown, Linebacker, Kansas St.
- Analysis: The Vikings need a middle linebacker desperately. (Side note: I am tired of all the slow middle linebackers we have had in Minnesota for the last decade or so). Arthur Brown doesn’t have the elite size, but he is very quick for a linebacker. Brown is a good zone defender and can consistently make plays in the running game. (Previous: Short, 1st: Short (Seattle))

26). Green Bay – Jonathan Cyprien, Safety, Florida International
- Analysis: Despite Green Bay’s big need at halfback, Green Bay could also use another player at safety. Jonathan Cyprien is too good to pass up at number 26. Cyprien had a very underrated season in 2012 for FIU as he had four interceptions. Cyprien has very good range and can play in the box as well. (Previous: Lacy, 1st: Lacy)

27). Houston – DeAndre Hopkins, Wide Receiver, Clemson
- The Texans sorely need an X receiver. Hopkins is a very talented receiver. Hopkins has the speed to take the top off the opposing defense and runs very crisp routes in the intermediate range of the field. (Previous: Allen, 1st: Hopkins)

28). Denver – Matt Elam, Safety, Florida
- Analysis: The Broncos need a safety that won’t blow coverage in the final play of a playoff game. Elam is a very solid zone defender and was a notorious ‘headhunter’ for the Gators. (Previous: Elam, 1st: Hopkins)

29). New England – Kevin Minter, Linebacker, LSU
- Analysis: The Patriots would love to draft Kevin Minter because of his athleticism. Minter is definitely a Belichick type player because he can play inside linebacker in the 3-4 scheme and middle linebacker in the 4-3 scheme. (Previous: Brown, 1st: Austin)

30). Atlanta – Tank Carradine, Defensive End, Florida St.
- Analysis: The Falcons need pass rushers desperately. Tank Carradine was once considered a top 20 prospect before he tore his ACL this past season. Carradine is a very good pass rusher and is solid against the run. (Previous: Minter, 1st: Minter)

31). San Francisco – Datone Jones, Defensive End, UCLA
- Analysis: The 49ers are a dominant team with few needs. However, the 49ers could look to add some depth on the defensive line. Jones’ stock has risen immensely in the past few weeks. Jones has enough athleticism to generate some pass rush from the 3-4 defensive end spot. (Previous: Hunt, 1st: Hunt)

32). Baltimore – Jesse Williams, Defensive Tackle, Alabama
- Analysis: Congratulations to the Baltimore Ravens on winning Super Bowl XLVII. The Ravens have quite a few needs but could still afford to take the best player available in Jesse Williams. Williams is insanely athletic for a nose tackle and would be a great fit in Baltimore’s 3-4 defense. (Previous: Williams, 1st: Hankins)

Note: Manti Te’o, Matt Barkley, and Damontre Moore remain out of round one.

I like this, although I will say there is one pick that I would say will absolutely not happen with certainty, and that is the Patriots taking a LB. With Mayo, Spikes, Hightower and Ninkovich as a hybrid LB/DE, they're pretty stacked and young at the position.
big deli Vike
Backup

Post by big deli Vike »

[/quote]

Id rather trade for Carson Palmer than draft Ogletree, personally. 3-4 Mike 4-3 Will according to Mike Mayock and pretty much everybody on NFL network and many other analysts. Add in the DUI and i doubt the vikings even consider him.[/quote]

Really? Palmer? that doesnt even make sense.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

saint33 wrote:
I like this, although I will say there is one pick that I would say will absolutely not happen with certainty, and that is the Patriots taking a LB. With Mayo, Spikes, Hightower and Ninkovich as a hybrid LB/DE, they're pretty stacked and young at the position.
Thank you! I understand what you are saying though with New England. However, I put Minter there for the time being because New England could use another inside guy in their 3-4 defense. However, you are right in saying that they run multiple schemes. I guess I maybe over-thought New England's pick.
CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

big deli Vike wrote:
Id rather trade for Carson Palmer than draft Ogletree, personally. 3-4 Mike 4-3 Will according to Mike Mayock and pretty much everybody on NFL network and many other analysts. Add in the DUI and i doubt the vikings even consider him.[/quote]

Really? Palmer? that doesnt even make sense.[/quote]

your sarcasm detector is broken

big deli Vike
Backup

Post by big deli Vike »

sorry, just thought you were tryin to make a strong point that you were really anti-ogletree