Vikings Message Board User Mock Drafts

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings Message Board User Mock Drafts

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Watkins and Tavon are not really that similar - other than explosive play making ability.

Tavon is the classic 'Y' receiver. He is most exclusively a slot guy. He can play the Z spot occasionally, but lacks the size to play either the X or Z spot consistently.

Sammy Watkins is the prototypical 'Z' receiver. He not only has the speed, he has the size/strength to consistently beat press-man coverage and take the top off the defense.

Anyway, I am not sure that I see St. Louis taking offensive tackle second overall as Jeff Fisher has never drafted a first round offensive lineman in his entire career. St. Louis isn't all the bad off at their line. I would say left guard is a must bigger priority for the team than tackle. Joe Barksdale played decently for them last year at right tackle. Saffold can play LT until Jake Long comes back, and then shift back to right guard, where he played well last year as well.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

FINAL MOCK DRAFT:

http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/20290

Thanks to everyone who has read these! It has been another fun year of doing these!
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

I'm not doing a full mock, I gave up on that long ago.
Here's my Vikings predictions.

1) If Khalil Mack is there at 8 they take him.

2) If Mack's gone and Manziel is there, they take Johnny Manziel.

3) If Manziel, Watkins and Mack are gone. They trade down into the 11-19 range with somebody coming up for Odell Beckham Jr. They draft the best defensive player left on the board. Likely one of the following: Ryan Shazier, CJ Mosley, Justin Gilbert, Kyle Fuller, Darqueze Dennard, Calvin Pryor or HaHa Clinton Dix. Then they come back into the late first and get a QB using the surplus picks to put together a deal.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:FINAL MOCK DRAFT:

http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/20290

Thanks to everyone who has read these! It has been another fun year of doing these!

Man. I started off great this year! If you want to give me full credit, I technically got the Watkins pick right - just the wrong team.

Oh well, it is always fun doing mock drafts. This year was one of my more accurate ones.