For the film junkies (top MLBs vs. Alabama)

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

For the film junkies (top MLBs vs. Alabama)

Post by dead_poet » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Okay film junkies, here's your chance to compare apples to apples.

Kevin Minter vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVYCtqkLa-U

Alec Ogletree vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8

Manti Te'o vs. Alabama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i980UwUexpw

Have at it!

And, for fun, Arthur Brown vs. Oregon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2tqlm-njjw
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3604
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

Re: For the film junkies (top MLBs vs. Alabama)

Post by Texas Vike » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:29 pm

dead_poet wrote:Okay film junkies, here's your chance to compare apples to apples.

Kevin Minter vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVYCtqkLa-U

Alec Ogletree vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8

Manti Te'o vs. Alabama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i980UwUexpw

Have at it!

And, for fun, Arthur Brown vs. Oregon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2tqlm-njjw
Nice work; thanks for setting that up!

Boy does Minter miss an INT at 2:06 mark.

I'm starting to wonder whether any of them are worth taking at 23 or 25 (Assuming Ogletree will be gone). Maybe we grab WR/CB/DT 1st rd and go with the best MLB in rd. 2 or 3? The trouble might be that Brown, Te'o, and Minter are likely to go before our 2nd round pick.

Ultimately, I trust Studwell's scouting, especially at this position.
0 x

User avatar
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: For the film junkies (top MLBs vs. Alabama)

Post by HardcoreVikesFan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:58 pm

dead_poet wrote:Okay film junkies, here's your chance to compare apples to apples.

Kevin Minter vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVYCtqkLa-U

Alec Ogletree vs. Alabama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8

Manti Te'o vs. Alabama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i980UwUexpw

Have at it!

And, for fun, Arthur Brown vs. Oregon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2tqlm-njjw
All I can say is ouch. One guy I was really high was Arthur Brown. He looked very ordinary vs. Oregon. Granted, it was only one game.
0 x
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.

User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3604
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

Re: For the film junkies (top MLBs vs. Alabama)

Post by Texas Vike » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:11 pm

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: All I can say is ouch. One guy I was really high was Arthur Brown. He looked very ordinary vs. Oregon. Granted, it was only one game.

I doubt anyone is going to think too highly of any of the LBs in these videos. They are a showcase for the offenses that appear, not at all favorable to the guys we have under the microscope at the moment.

Ogletree looked, at times, explosive. At other times he looks lost and a bit weak in run defense. Te'o looks completely ineffective, along with the rest of the ND defense. It was BRUTAL. Minter doesn't look great either.
0 x

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee
Posts: 4016
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 pm
Location: So. Utah

Re: For the film junkies (top MLBs vs. Alabama)

Post by The Breeze » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:13 pm

One thing that stood out to me was how much stronger Ogletree needs to be with the lower half of his body. I've seen it said that he avoids contact but it looked to me like he just doesn't have the lower body strength to even slow down a lineman. There was a couple plays where he was being handled with one arm. If Bama is akin to pro offenses this guy will be a wink link on running plays right at him. He looked great going to the sideline. He'd probably be a devastating safety.
0 x

User avatar
VikingLord
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5723
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:12 pm
Location: The Great White North

Re: For the film junkies (top MLBs vs. Alabama)

Post by VikingLord » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Could be heresy, but what about taking Ogletree as a safety? I haven't seen that mentioned much, but I know he played safety at one point and he seems like he could still do it. He certainly has the size and range to play that spot as well.
0 x

User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3604
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

Re: For the film junkies (top MLBs vs. Alabama)

Post by Texas Vike » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:07 pm

The Breeze wrote:One thing that stood out to me was how much stronger Ogletree needs to be with the lower half of his body. I've seen it said that he avoids contact but it looked to me like he just doesn't have the lower body strength to even slow down a lineman. There was a couple plays where he was being handled with one arm. If Bama is akin to pro offenses this guy will be a wink link on running plays right at him. He looked great going to the sideline. He'd probably be a devastating safety.
I noticed the same thing. He looked like he was completely outmatched, especially with lower body "drive". His lanky frame seems to be easily thrown aside in this video.
0 x

Post Reply