Christian Ponder vs. EJ Manuel?

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

VikingHoard
Backup

Christian Ponder vs. EJ Manuel?

Post by VikingHoard »

NFL.com is running a story right now comparing Christian Ponder, (unfavorably), to EJ Manuel. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ian-ponder

My question is, why is Mike Mayock comparing the two in the first place? Has the Vikings organization hinted that they'll be looking at him, (or any quarterback), on draft day? Have the two QBs said anything about each other? It just seems odd. I mean, comparisons of a QB in the draft as the next "Tom Brady" or "Peyton Manning" would seem to be expected. Or maybe saying about a QB "I could see him being another Joe Flacco". But "I think he'll be better than Ponder"? Is there something that's happened which makes this the QB comparison one would expect?
This signature predicted the great 2014 - 2025 Vikings dynasty!
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Re: Christian Ponder vs. EJ Manuel?

Post by hibbingviking »

VikingHoard wrote:NFL.com is running a story right now comparing Christian Ponder, (unfavorably), to EJ Manuel. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ian-ponder

My question is, why is Mike Mayock comparing the two in the first place? Has the Vikings organization hinted that they'll be looking at him, (or any quarterback), on draft day? Have the two QBs said anything about each other? It just seems odd. I mean, comparisons of a QB in the draft as the next "Tom Brady" or "Peyton Manning" would seem to be expected. Or maybe saying about a QB "I could see him being another Joe Flacco". But "I think he'll be better than Ponder"? Is there something that's happened which makes this the QB comparison one would expect?
both qb's are good athletes not great. vikings should consider drafting ej manuel or matt scott if available in 3rd or 4th rounds. they could always learn for 2-3 years just in case ponder fails. :confused: