NFL combine news

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

NFL combine news

Post by Purple bruise »

Interesting insight into one aspect of the combine: http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... c4fdda987d
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: NFL combine news

Post by jackal »

Barkley from USC is not throwing (shoulder)
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Kawann Short - DL - Player

Purdue DT Kawann Short will sit out the Combine due to a hamstring injury.

He'll also miss Purdue's March 1 Pro Day. A projected second-day pick, Short is targeting a March 25 personal workout on Purdue's campus to run and perform drills for NFL evaluators. Short, a three-technique gap-shooting prospect for 4-3 defensive teams, completed his college career with 49.0 tackles for loss.
Source: NFL.com
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Keenan Allen also not working out. Has some swelling in his knee.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Terron Armstead - T - Golden Lions

NFL Network's Gil Brandt lists FSU QB E.J. Manuel, Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Arkansas Pine-Bluff OT Terron Armstead and FSU OT Menelik Watson as four prospects who can boost their stock at the Combine.

Brandt's list noticeably includes players that are known for their exceptional athleticism. All of them have a lot at stake, especially Patterson who looks to cement himself in the top 10 to 15 picks in the first round. Watson and Armstead have been noted in the past for their outstanding athleticism and have been climbing draft boards.
Source: NFL.com
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

jackal wrote:Barkley from USC is not throwing (shoulder)
Instead of "(shoulder)" it should be "(terrified of making a mistake and trashing draft stock)"
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

glg wrote: Instead of "(shoulder)" it should be "(terrified of making a mistake and trashing draft stock)"
Lol.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Keenan Allen - WR - Player

Cal WR Keenan Allen checked in 6-foot-2 and 206 pounds at Friday's NFL Scouting Combine weigh-in.

He's an inch shorter and ten pounds lighter than his college listing. Allen will not work out in Indianapolis because he's rehabbing a PCL tear in his left knee. More of a possession/run-after-catch receiver than vertical threat, Allen is hopeful of running a forty-yard dash sometime in early April.
Source: Bryan Broaddus on Twitter
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Player

Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins measured 6-foot-1 and 214 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine weigh-in.

He's actually nine pounds heavier than his college listing, which is a bit surprising for a wide receiver. Hopkins is not expected to run particularly fast regardless; his bread and butter is winning contested catches in traffic and running sharp, separation-creating routes. He's a top-50 prospect.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Player

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson checked in 6-foot-1 7/8 and 216 pounds at Friday's Combine weigh-in.

Listed at 6-foot-3, 205 by the Volunteers, Patterson is an inch-and-an-eighth shorter than his college listing, but 11 pounds heavier. He's a 6-foot-2, 216-pound beast. The single most dynamic skill-position player eligible for the 2013 draft, Patterson's forty time could be a key indicator of his draft position. A JUCO transfer, he only put one season of Division-I college football on tape.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Robert Woods - WR - Player

USC WR Robert Woods measured 6-foot-0 3/8 and 201 pounds at Friday's NFL Combine weigh-in.

Woods was listed at 6-foot-1, 190 on USC's website. Although Woods has a pretty big name nationally, league evaluators view him as more of a slot receiver type with a Steve Smith (Giants) ceiling. He's a second- or third-round guy.

---
Terrance Williams - WR - Player

Baylor WR Terrance Williams measured 6-foot-2 and 208 pounds at Friday's NFL Combine weigh-in.

Williams is up seven pounds since the Senior Bowl, likely in an effort to show improved strength. He's being billed as a vertical threat only, lacking physicality and versatility to his game. Williams is a projected day-two pick.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Jonathan Cooper - G - Player

UNC G/C Jonathan Cooper hoisted 225 pounds 35 times on the Combine bench press.

Cooper has relatively short, 32-inch arms, although they are suitable for an interior lineman. This is a very strong bench total for him. Work ethic is certainly not a concern, and Cooper is helping to dispel notions that strength might be after reporting to Indy at 312 pounds and showing well on the bench.

---
Larry Warford - G - Player

Kentucky OG Larry Warford performed 28 bench-press reps of 225 pounds at the Combine.

Warford, an old-school power blocker at 6-foot-3, 333, has short arms (31 7/8"). We expected slightly more reps, but 28 is by no means a poor number. Something in the teens or low twenties would have been concerning. Warford is a projected second-round pick. He's a mauling brawler in the running game.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

It's just like Internet dating. In real life everyone is shorter and fatter than they claim. :wink:
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Are there any good web sites that publish combine numbers, preferably in a timely manner? All I seem to be able to find are little bits and pieces in stories about this guy or that guy. Some 4th round projected pick put up 35 reps in the bench press, or some Division II tackle ran a 4.7 40. Interesting, sometimes, but not what I'm looking for.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

Lane Johnson can't of hurt his stock after today. Good solid guard who put up exciting numbers. Of course after armistead, he is the best OL player in the draft so far