NFL combine news

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: NFL combine news

Post by Eli »

Lane Jonson is a tackle, not a guard. And most likely a top 15 pick. I haven't seen anyone suggesting he'll need to move to guard in the NFL. He's not only fast, he's quick footed, which is what you want in a tackle. I seriously doubt his combine performance will move him past Luke Joeckel on many boards, although he could move past Eric Fisher.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Star Lotulelei - DL - Player

Utah DT Star Lotulelei will not work out at the Combine after his medical evaluation revealed a heart condition.

Per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Lotulelei's left ventricle is pumping at 44 percent efficiency, with the normal range being 55-70 percent. He will undergo further testing in Utah. It's a massive blow for a potential top-five pick. Lotulelei was a workhorse for the Utes, but this will raise questions about his durability, even if the issues prove minor. For now, Lotulelei's rep is claiming his client will participate in every drill at Utah's March 20 Pro Day.
Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.