WRs to watch

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: WRs to watch

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

No thanks on Austin. Patterson and Allen will be gone. Im guessing Hunter is one of the WRs we get. We need a big tall fast WR.
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:No thanks on Austin. Patterson and Allen will be gone. Im guessing Hunter is one of the WRs we get. We need a big tall fast WR.
If he turned out like a Desean Jackson type player would you still want him? Just because his size and speed resembles Harvin doesnt mean he is a slot type receiver? Im all for getting the best players in the draft.
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Tavon Austin - WR - Mountaineers

West Virginia head coach Dana Holgorsen said WR Tavon Austin didn't miss a single practice in four years.

There aren't any questions about Austin's work ethic, and if there were any about his reliability, they've been quelled. Austin appears to be a hard worker and dedicated to the sport. Combined with his outstanding agility and explosiveness, he could be one of the better draft picks next month.
Source: Todd McShay on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Mercy Percy wrote: If he turned out like a Desean Jackson type player would you still want him? Just because his size and speed resembles Harvin doesnt mean he is a slot type receiver? Im all for getting the best players in the draft.
Exactly! Or like Steve Smith from the Panthers. He can step right into punt and kick returns. Can be used the same way Harvin was earlier this year. And possibly have the right attitude to become more then that. I'd love the kid.
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

Marquess Wilson in the fourth round might be the steal of 2013 NFL draft.He has the best hands of any wide receiver,size (6.3)and speed(4.4 unofficial & 4.5 official 40 time).He's also a very polished route runner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrwg7jKMW_Y (2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM2OcHf6ias (2012)
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

Demi wrote: Exactly! Or like Steve Smith from the Panthers. He can step right into punt and kick returns. Can be used the same way Harvin was earlier this year. And possibly have the right attitude to become more then that. I'd love the kid.
Steve Smith and Tavon are actually really close in size. If you throw on 10 lbs of muscle on Tavon you have a Steve Smith 2.0
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Schefter: Tavon won't make it to pick No. 23

ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted that West Virginia WR Tavon Austin "won't make it" to pick No. 23, the Vikings' earliest first-round pick.

Austin will be a popular Vikings pick in mock drafts, but it appears as though the electric playmaker won't have to wait that long on draft day. He's not an outside receiver, but Austin makes plays with the ball in his hands and has very quick movement skills to create separation. Some will call him small, but Austin never missed a single practice in college.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 17 - 11:29 AM
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Trade up for him!
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

Demi wrote:Trade up for him!
Idk If I would trade up for him, I mean we still have the 2nd round to take someone like Justin Hunter from Tennessee who im hoping is still around.
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php
Justin Hunter Generating First-Round Buzz

Published March 6, 2013
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Tennessee wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson has been the wideout who has received the most attention leading up to the 2013 NFL Draft. Patterson is the consensus top-rated wide receiver and is expected to go in the top 20 on Draft Day. While he has garnered the most headlines, teammate Justin Hunter is also getting acclaim in scouting circles.

WalterFootall.com spoke with some scouts, including one from a receiver-needy team picking in the back half of the top 32. All believe that Hunter is likely to go in the first round. They said the Combine really helped Hunter with positive reports from his medical check and an excellent 40-yard dash time of 4.44 seconds.

The 6-foot-4, 196-pound Hunter is proving that he is regaining his speed and explosiveness following a 2011 ACL injury. Hunter missed most of that season before playing in every game of 2012. He totaled 73 receptions for 1,083 yards and nine touchdowns in an offense that spread the ball around to Hunter, Patterson, Zach Rogers and Mychal Rivera.

Scouts told WalterFootball.com that they love the upside of Hunter. He has the size to work in the short to intermediate part of the field and speed to get vertical. They like his run-after-the-catch ability as well as his combination of size and speed. Hunter hasn't received a lot of first-round buzz, but one team in the mid 20s said it would be ecstatic if he was on the board for its pick.

Hunter's upside was another reason that scouts felt he was likely to go in the first round. They said in this draft class, players with big upside are very appealing in the late first round rather than those who are deemed safe.

Judging by the sound of the scouts' opinions, Hunter has been underrated nationally and stands a good shot of being a Thursday-night selection.
I'd like the vikings to draft Justin Hunter.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Keenan Allen - WR - Golden Bears
NFL.com's Bucky Brooks mocked two WRs to the Minnesota Vikings, Cal's Keenan Allen at pick No. 23 and USC's Robert Woods at No. 25.

Brooks believes Allen would step into the No. 1 wideout role and Woods as the No. 2, who could also do damage in the slot. After Greg Jennings' contract, we doubt this will happen, but the Vikings do have multiple options thanks to two first-round picks.
Source: NFL.com Mar 18 - 2:48 PM
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Tavon Austin - WR - Player
NFL Films guru Greg Cosell believes West Virginia WR Tavon Austin is the "most explosive playmaker" in this year's draft class.

It's the budding consensus. "If the NFL is passing/space league, why is (Austin) not a top-ten pick," Cosell asked rhetorically. "(He) can align anywhere. Matchup nightmare." While a 5-foot-9, 174-pound receiver is unlikely to go in the first 10 picks, it's quite possible Austin will crack the top 20.
Source: Greg Cosell on Twitter Mar 19 - 9:16 PM
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Judging by the sound of the scouts' opinions, Hunter has been underrated nationally and stands a good shot of being a Thursday-night selection.
Scouts for teams looking at other receivers maybe! Great combine, questionable everything else. At least from what I read.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Player

NFL Films guru Greg Cosell believes Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson needs "a lot of refinement running routes."

"(He's much) more explosive with ball in hands than as a route runner," Cosell said. "Needs quality WRs coach."

Patterson's game is raw all around, but his size/speed package is tops among all wideouts in this year's draft class. Someone drafting in the first 20 picks will likely decide they're the team that can refine his routes and polish his game.
Source: Greg Cosell on Twitter Mar 19 - 10:50 PM
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Demi wrote: Scouts for teams looking at other receivers maybe! Great combine, questionable everything else. At least from what I read.
I'd be really leery of picking a college team's second guy. At least the first guy will be facing some great CB's here and there, the second guy, not so much.