View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Manti T'eo 
Defensive Tackle

Post Re: Manti T'eo
saint33 wrote:
Mothman wrote:
VikingLord wrote:
Bears need an offensive lineman or TE to help Cutler.

They signed two of the former and one of the latter in free agency so they have already addressed those areas. I think they may draft an interior lineman but I doubt they'll do it in R1 unless Cooper or Warmack falls into their lap.

They also signed two starting linebackers though too. They've opened themselves up to do a number of different things tonight

Exactly. They gave themselves genuine flexibility in this draft.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:33 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Hey Te'o fans. Hopefully he lasts until the 4th round for ya! :D I could tolerate that.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:10 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Famer

he shouldnt of had an imaginary girlfriend.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:26 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

hibbingviking wrote:
he shouldnt of had an imaginary girlfriend.

We were joking that the pick was "fake" and we were being "catfished" because it took them 20 minutes to announce it. lol. We were getting worried. :D Te'o wouldn't have been a popular choice at the Dome tonight. That's for sure.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:54 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Famer

teo was slow in college. he will be extra slow in the nfl. wont be able to use him in pass coverage at all.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:16 pm
Hall of Famer

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
I don't want Te'bow at 23 or 25, if they trade up for him. :wallbang:

Go Bears! Draft Te'o!

never seen so much love for a chubby, slow mlb with issues. :confused:

Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:16 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

I never wanted Te'o, but I wish him the best--with his football career and his girlfriend/boyfriend out there in Cali. :thumbsup: Perfect landing spot for Mr. Te'o--close to his love. I'm a sucker for happy endings. lol.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Career Elite Player

I'm rooting for the kid. He should have a long and successful career in the NFL.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:56 am
Hall of Famer

Usually I appreciate that which Kiper has to say. However, I lost a little respect for him after he said he dropped the Vikings grade just because they didn't draft Manti Te'o. I guarantee that Manti will be a good, but not impactful player in the NFL.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:00 am
Starter

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Usually I appreciate that which Kiper has to say. However, I lost a little respect for him after he said he dropped the Vikings grade just because they didn't draft Manti Te'o. I guarantee that Manti will be a good, but not impactful player in the NFL.

Just to know, did he dropped other teams that needed an ILB (Ravens, Bills, Bears, Texans...)
grade because they didn't draft Manti Te'o ?

Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 pm
Hall of Famer

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:
He's a Notre Dame fan he's just butthurt. It's asinine to grade a draft based on who they didn't draft instead who they did. It's not like they passed on Te'o for a RB.

Whether a Te'o fan or detractor you can admit the Vikings made the right 3 picks. All 3 players they got were rated higher than Te'o was by basically eveyone except Kiper. Drafting solely on need is how you screw up the team. The Vikings drafted 3 players valued higher by them and mostly everyone else.

How do you pass up on Floyd or Rhodes? Both were consnsus Top 15 picks that slid a little, and both were at positions of need. Same goes for Patterson, plus CP was valued by the Vikings far and above every other WR left on their board, which is why they traded up.

te'o will probably be o.k. at the nfl level. he isn't first round talent imo. doesn't shed blockers well, pass coverage wont be very good at this level.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:13 pm
Hall of Famer

jeg067 wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:

Just to know, did he dropped other teams that needed an ILB (Ravens, Bills, Bears, Texans...)

No, I don't think so. I am fairly sure it was just us because we have the most 'glaring' need at middle linebacker in the NFL.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:04 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
jeg067 wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:

No, I don't think so. I am fairly sure it was just us because we have the most 'glaring' need at middle linebacker in the NFL.

Most likely he dropped our grade because by not picking Te'o we "ruined" his mock draft. He's pouting. That onion article couldn't have been more accurate!

Wed May 01, 2013 11:39 am
Hall of Famer

I'm just glad we didn't get this weirdo or the honey badger. Te'o is probably a nice kid but he will get ridiculed not stop if he doesn't live up to expectations. I don't see a pro bowl skillset.

Thu May 30, 2013 10:18 am
Starting Wide Receiver

hibbingviking wrote:
I'm just glad we didn't get this weirdo or the honey badger. Te'o is probably a nice kid but he will get ridiculed not stop if he doesn't live up to expectations. I don't see a pro bowl skillset.

Why do u keep resurrecting old posts like this?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Thu May 30, 2013 11:22 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:
hibbingviking wrote:

Why do u keep resurrecting old posts like this?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Cause its mat and not much is going on....

Fri May 31, 2013 4:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9