View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Cordarrelle Patterson 
Fenrir

Post Re: Cordarrelle Patterson
mrc44 wrote:
Mothman wrote:
VikingLord wrote:
Last Walter football mock had St. Louis taking Patterson at #22. If Patterson is still there at #22 then if I'm Spielman I make a move to swap spots with the Rams and get him. I'd be willing to throw in the first of the Vikings 4th rounders to make the swap and hopefully they feel good enough about their receivers and who is still there to drop down, or maybe they use their first 1st rounder on a WR and then Spielman can just sit on his hands and let Patterson drop into his lap.

If the Vikes somehow snag Patterson I will be as excited for their prospects next year as a I was the year they took Moss. Assuming everything ends up happy with Harvin, I can't even imagine how hard it would be for a defense to defend AD while having to contend with Harvin on one side and Patterson on the other, plus Rudolph in the middle. It would be very difficult given how effective both outside guys would be running after the catch. The safeties on both sides would have to sit back to ensure deep help and then AD can go off, and Musgrave doesn't even have to field any exotic looks to make it go.

It would be nice to see him playing for the Vikings next year but I think they'll probably have to trade up quite a bit higher than #22 to get him. If he runs well at the combine, I'm guessing Patterson will move steadily up draft boards between now and April. I'm already seeing him projected in the top 15 in some mock drafts.

Not only that, but Spielman LOVES to accumulate draft picks, so he would be more likely to trade his first away for extra picks, than to trade up. If the ILB's are gone and patterson is gone, I would like to get rid of that first, unless some other WR (Hopkins, Allen, Woods) jumps up the boards after the combine.

I don't know, he's traded up and down in the past. He traded up for Harrison Smith and Toby Gerhart. His trade downs off the top of my head were for Kalil and Chris Cook. I'm only talking about early (1st & 2nd) round trades.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:53 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: Cordarrelle Patterson
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Player

Russ Lande of the National Football Post hears Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson has been "very unimpressive" in team interviews at the Combine.

Lande suggests Patterson's poor interviews coupled with an up-and-down showing in Combine pass-catching drills could result in him "sliding down draft boards." As an athlete, Patterson remains a 6-foot-2, 216-pound freak. He ran a 4.42 official forty with a 37-inch vertical and explosive 10-foot-8 broad jump.
Source: National Football Post

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2