2013 Mock

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

2013 Mock

Post by VikingPaul73 »

http://www.mockdrafthq.com/2013/01/2013 ... #more-4513

here is a mock with the vikings taking WR Keenan Allen at #22. I've read a bit about him, but have never seen him play. Anyone have any insight?
PurplePPLEater
Rookie

Re: 2013 Mock

Post by PurplePPLEater »

According to this mock draft, he has the Vikings taking the first WR off the board. Not sure if there it's clear who the best WR is in this draft class, but he has DeAndre Hopkins being taken a few picks later (to the Packers :evil: ). He had a huge bowl game and every time I've watched Clemson play he stands out.

I'd really rather not take a WR in the first round this year unless it's a guy the coaching staff is reeeally high on though. I'd rather address that need in free agency.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

The Vikings need a lot more than just one WR. I think they'll take a WR in the first round unless someone else who they really like is available when they pick. If they make a big play in free agencyfor a sure number one receiver before the draft , that priority could fall and they may not take a WR until a later round. I'm not sure I see that happening.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Just looked at three different mock drafts. And every one of them had the Vikings picking a WR.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Allen is exactly what we need, if he can stay healthy. And that's a big if and the only reason he might be around. Also, the draft order is wrong, Bengals get #21, Rams #22 (via Washington), and the Vikings are #23.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I want Matt Elam (safety) out of Florida. Or I would take Kenny Vhoweveryouspell it (safety) out of Texas. This of course is tentative. I am sure as we progress through the offseason my wants will change. :lol:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
mefford76
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mefford76 »

the nice thing about the draft next year is that the vikings have quiet a few high priority needs which means they have some flexibility.

I could see them taking either a MLB, CB, WR, NT in round 1.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Somebody I think the Vikings may want to take a look at a bit later in the draft is Joe Kruger. He surprised some people by announcing for the draft this year as a junior. As far as raw talent goes, I think he has a bit more than his brother, Paul Kruger, who just had a real nice game for the ravens. With the right coaching, I think he could end up a good player. Would be a project and take a bit of time to develop though.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Crax wrote:Somebody I think the Vikings may want to take a look at a bit later in the draft is Joe Kruger. He surprised some people by announcing for the draft this year as a junior. As far as raw talent goes, I think he has a bit more than his brother, Paul Kruger, who just had a real nice game for the ravens. With the right coaching, I think he could end up a good player. Would be a project and take a bit of time to develop though.
Is Joe projected as a 3-4 linebacker like his brother?
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Joe is 3 inches taller than Paul and while their weight may be similar, I'm sure Joe could bulk up some more. Joe has seemed to be one of those guys that make you wonder why they don't do more consistently. He's had some great games and then just disappeared in other ones. I don't know if it's a motivation or work ethic thing.

This is from one of the draft sites on Joe.
optimumscouting wrote:The 6’7, 280 pound defensive linemen likely will fill the 5-technqiue role for an NFL team, a position that tends to draw serious interest in the draft process. Finding potential 3-4 edge setters isn’t easy, and we’ve seen the impact a long talent like JJ Watt (similarly built to Kruger) can have on a defense.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

There's a lot of talk today in the sporting press about how Teo's stock has fallen due to his performance against Alabama. Missed tackles, inability to shed blockers. May have fallen a LOT.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Eli wrote:There's a lot of talk today in the sporting press about how Teo's stock has fallen due to his performance against Alabama. Missed tackles, inability to shed blockers. May have fallen a LOT.
Would not surprise me. He looked absolutely average against Bama, from what I saw.
MrPurplenGold
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by MrPurplenGold »

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

1st Rd Keenan Allen WR CAL
2nd Rd Jesse WIlliams NT ALABAMA
3rd Rd Jon Bostic MLB Florida
4th Rd EJ Manual QB Florida State

For me, that would be a Pretty good draft. As a side note, Tryann Mathieu doesn't go until after we pick in the 3rd round in this particular draft
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

MrPurplenGold wrote:http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

1st Rd Keenan Allen WR CAL
2nd Rd Jesse WIlliams NT ALABAMA
3rd Rd Jon Bostic MLB Florida
4th Rd EJ Manual QB Florida State

For me, that would be a Pretty good draft. As a side note, Tryann Mathieu doesn't go until after we pick in the 3rd round in this particular draft

I love the Allen pick. Williams strikes me as more of a run stuffer than the type of DT who will collapse the pocket and pressure the passer so while he would be an upgrade, I'm not sure he's the best fit. I wouldn't complain though... he has quite a bit of upside.

I'm not too sure about Bostic or Manuel but in the 3rd and 4th round, players are going to come with more question marks.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Walter Football 4 round mock

Post by Texas Vike »

I thought that this was a pretty well thought out mock. They have the Vikings making some logical picks through 4 rounds:

1. Keenan Allen, WR, California
2. Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
3. Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida
4a. E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
4b. Hugh Thornton, G, Illinois

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_4.php