Auburn fires Gene Chizik

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Auburn fires Gene Chizik

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... urn-tigers

OMG get this guy to coach the Gophers. Auburn has been a good team for many years, it just ran into a couple of down years. Chizik is better than any coach the Gophers have had since Lou Holtz.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Re: Auburn fires Gene Chizik

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... urn-tigers

OMG get this guy to coach the Gophers. Auburn has been a good team for many years, it just ran into a couple of down years. Chizik is better than any coach the Gophers have had since Lou Holtz.
Other than getting Cam Newton, which may or may not have been very shady, his record is pretty poor. 7-17 in the SEC, 19-19 overall without Newton. 5-19 at Iowa State before that. His history as a DC is much better (at Auburn and Texas), but as a HC, he hasn't shown any ability to put together better than a middling team.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Auburn fires Gene Chizik

Post by PurpleMustReign »

glg wrote: Other than getting Cam Newton, which may or may not have been very shady, his record is pretty poor. 7-17 in the SEC, 19-19 overall without Newton. 5-19 at Iowa State before that. His history as a DC is much better (at Auburn and Texas), but as a HC, he hasn't shown any ability to put together better than a middling team.
7-17 in the SEC would be like 20-4 in the BigTen. Idk, I think he is better than anything they have had in decades.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018