Vikings Message Board.Com
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have lost
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28782
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Hunter Morrow [ Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have lost

By 30+ points to a team the Vikings took to the limit.

Now you know how it feels to get totally blown out in prime time, baby.

The NFC North is nothing special at all. Every team was a big preseason hype job.
They all have their own glaring weaknesses.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

And that roughing call was completely bogus.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Author:  Hunter Morrow [ Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Their best win of the season is the Rams. Everybody else was a struggle job or at .500 or below

2-5 Bears
4-4 Seahawks
3-5 Chiefs
2-6 49ers
4-3 Rams
2-6 Chargers

I will call it right now and say the Panthers win this Monday night and beat the Packers as well.

The Packers are really lucky to be playing in a crummy division on a pretty soft schedule the way things have shaken out.

It will be pretty appropriate for this Paper Tiger to lose to Carolina next week. sham team! SHAM TEAM

SHAM TEAM
H
A
M
T
E
A
M

Author:  Raptorman [ Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

PurpleMustReign wrote:
And that roughing call was completely bogus.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Actually, after watching it several time I figured out why it was called. He hit Rodgers head with his left forearm. It wasn't much, but anytime you hit a QB in the head, it's going to get called. Well most anytime.......

Author:  Purple bruise [ Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Where is our resident Packer fan. A really bad butt kicking and nothing to be heard from him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  Crax [ Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

He got the 24 hour ban yesterday

Author:  Hunter Morrow [ Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

There was a point early on in the game where it looked like if the refs gave a whole heapin' helpin' of hand outs to the Packers so it could still be a "close one." 9/86 penalties against Denver, 1/5 against the Packers in the same time frame. It's totally legitimate to say the refs spotted the Packers a full touchdown. Now, many of the Broncos penalties were legitimate, but 4 first downs via penalties. The Packers, by contrast, were 2 penalties for 15 yards in the whole game. I find that almost impossible to believe, especially given the passing game woes. No lineman held, got a little handysy, threw an illegal block? Their defense and special teams played 4 full quarters of football without a penalty? Really? I don't think so! You know that is bogus with how the passing game is privileged heavily over defense!

Reffing like this is why so many people, myself included, have checked out on the NBA.

Author:  DK Sweets [ Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Hunter, I think you're being pretty biased. Teams aren't penalized at the same frequency because they don't commit penalties at the same frequency. If you have specific examples, I'm willing to listen to it, but right now your argument sounds flimsy.

Author:  Hunter Morrow [ Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

So the Packers were getting a butt whooping and there wasn't a single penalty on their defense or special teams?

Bull. It is like how Lebron James can play hundreds of minutes without a single whistle. Some teams are made out to be stars and they dont get the flags when they could. Like the Saints would go games with 70 pass attempts and not a single hands to the face, holding or illegal block on the line. Sure, if you believe that I got some real estate and natural wonders of the world to sell you.

In a hyped up prime time game with two undefeated top franchises, there was explicit or implicit pressure to swallow the whistle to keep the Packers in it.

We already have one major league riddled rotten with this behavior with the showboat "star" refs, the NBA. I just don't see why the NFL would be different.

Author:  DK Sweets [ Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

DK Sweets wrote:
Hunter, I think you're being pretty biased. Teams aren't penalized at the same frequency because they don't commit penalties at the same frequency. If you have specific examples, I'm willing to listen to it, but right now your argument sounds flimsy.

Author:  Jordysghost [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Hunter Morrow wrote:
So the Packers were getting a butt whooping and there wasn't a single penalty on their defense or special teams?

Bull. It is like how Lebron James can play hundreds of minutes without a single whistle. Some teams are made out to be stars and they dont get the flags when they could. Like the Saints would go games with 70 pass attempts and not a single hands to the face, holding or illegal block on the line. Sure, if you believe that I got some real estate and natural wonders of the world to sell you.

In a hyped up prime time game with two undefeated top franchises, there was explicit or implicit pressure to swallow the whistle to keep the Packers in it.

We already have one major league riddled rotten with this behavior with the showboat "star" refs, the NBA. I just don't see why the NFL would be different.


Oh my god do you do anything but nitpick calls and cry about them? He took a forearm to the head, its seriously embarrassing how desperate you are to believe the Packers get some kind of unfair treatment.

Author:  Jordysghost [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Hunter Morrow wrote:
By 30+ points to a team the Vikings took to the limit.

Now you know how it feels to get totally blown out in prime time, baby.

The NFC North is nothing special at all. Every team was a big preseason hype job.
They all have their own glaring weaknesses.



Actually no, we are still 6-1 and one of the best teams in the league, despite being wrecked with injuries.

As long as we have Rodgers, we will always be 'special', and not in the way you try so hard to believe.

Author:  Jordysghost [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Hunter Morrow wrote:
Their best win of the season is the Rams. Everybody else was a struggle job or at .500 or below

2-5 Bears
4-4 Seahawks
3-5 Chiefs
2-6 49ers
4-3 Rams
2-6 Chargers

I will call it right now and say the Panthers win this Monday night and beat the Packers as well.

The Packers are really lucky to be playing in a crummy division on a pretty soft schedule the way things have shaken out.

It will be pretty appropriate for this Paper Tiger to lose to Carolina next week. sham team! SHAM TEAM

SHAM TEAM
H
A
M
T
E
A
M


Lmao are you kidding? We are 6-1 and lost in one of the hardest places to play in the league, and we are as injury stricken as they come.

Your wishful thinking means nothing, we will likely roll to an easy Division Title.. again. With a perfect record at home.. again. We have Aaron Rodgers, we will easily bounce back from this and end up around 14-2 13-3, likely with HFA after we put the Panthers in their place next week.

Author:  Jordysghost [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Hunter Morrow wrote:
There was a point early on in the game where it looked like if the refs gave a whole heapin' helpin' of hand outs to the Packers so it could still be a "close one." 9/86 penalties against Denver, 1/5 against the Packers in the same time frame. It's totally legitimate to say the refs spotted the Packers a full touchdown. Now, many of the Broncos penalties were legitimate, but 4 first downs via penalties. The Packers, by contrast, were 2 penalties for 15 yards in the whole game. I find that almost impossible to believe, especially given the passing game woes. No lineman held, got a little handysy, threw an illegal block? Their defense and special teams played 4 full quarters of football without a penalty? Really? I don't think so! You know that is bogus with how the passing game is privileged heavily over defense!

Reffing like this is why so many people, myself included, have checked out on the NBA.


Your argument is invalid considering the Packers had a lower rated passing game then the Broncos going into the game.

Please do research so that you may have statistics to back you up.

Author:  Jordysghost [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Purple bruise wrote:
Where is our resident Packer fan. A really bad butt kicking and nothing to be heard from him :lol: :lol: :lol:


I received a 24 hour ban, otherwise I would have been right there with you.

Author:  Jordysghost [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

To quote a HOF CB after his team had just got done winning the SB off of a 10-6 season and last seed playoff run, "Things break, fix it and move on." I have no doubt in my mind the Packers will respond in a manner befitting of a 13 time Championship winning organization.

Author:  DK Sweets [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Six posts in a row, Jordy? Are you kidding me?

Author:  Jordysghost [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

DK Sweets wrote:
Six posts in a row, Jordy? Are you kidding me?


5 of them were direct responses to other posts.

Author:  Hunter Morrow [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

A forearm to the head my bollocks. Pure incidental contact. It was a a chicken^*%# call that Rodgers got.

Especially on the road. Does any other QB get that called on the road? At least Vikings fans are honest when we get a soft roughing the passer penalty helping us out. Packers fans are in total denial about the penalty situation with their team.

Author:  Jordysghost [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Hunter Morrow wrote:
A forearm to the head my bollocks. Pure incidental contact. It was a a chicken^*%# call that Rodgers got.

Especially on the road. Does any other QB get that called on the road? At least Vikings fans are honest when we get a soft roughing the passer penalty helping us out. Packers fans are in total denial about the penalty situation with their team.


(facepalm)

Even if you think that a correctly called penalty was incorrect, why don't you bother to look up how many roughing the passer calls the Packers have gotten in the last 5 years, before you #### incessantly about it?

Author:  Purple bruise [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Jordysghost wrote:
Hunter Morrow wrote:
By 30+ points to a team the Vikings took to the limit.

Now you know how it feels to get totally blown out in prime time, baby.

The NFC North is nothing special at all. Every team was a big preseason hype job.
They all have their own glaring weaknesses.



Actually no, we are still 6-1 and one of the best teams in the league, despite being wrecked with injuries.

As long as we have Rodgers, we will always be 'special', and not in the way you try so hard to believe.


As long as you have Rogers :spanking: That is correct but even old double check showed a chink in his armor and passed for less than 80 yards. The key to beating the packers is lots of hits and putting continual pressure on him.
Quit whining about injuries, the Vikes have as many and probably more to key players than the Puke have had.
Enjoy your "rant" after your 24 hour timeout in the corner. The next one might/hope will be your last.

Author:  Jordysghost [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Purple bruise wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Hunter Morrow wrote:
By 30+ points to a team the Vikings took to the limit.

Now you know how it feels to get totally blown out in prime time, baby.

The NFC North is nothing special at all. Every team was a big preseason hype job.
They all have their own glaring weaknesses.



Actually no, we are still 6-1 and one of the best teams in the league, despite being wrecked with injuries.

As long as we have Rodgers, we will always be 'special', and not in the way you try so hard to believe.


As long as you have Rogers :spanking: That is correct but even old double check showed a chink in his armor and passed for less than 80 yards. The key to beating the packers is lots of hits and putting continual pressure on him.
Quit whining about injuries, the Vikes have as many and probably more to key players than the Puke have had.
Enjoy your "rant" after your 24 hour timeout in the corner. The next one might/hope will be your last.



Your 'key' for is incorrect, as evidenced by the fact that the Packers had one of the worst offensive line in the league for the first 6 and half years his a starter, like really, comon man, im sure you can remember Allen taking us to woodshed year after year.

Im not whining about injuries at all, I think injuries are a part of the game and something that must be overcome, but no, the Vikings haven't, and I do know that the Vikings have suffered some injury problems of their own, I follow the Vikings more then any other non Packers team in the league, but probably not to depth the Packers have, our top 5 WRs all have been dealing with nagging injuries, 3 missing time for said injuries, one playing through a joint AC sprain. Our top two corners, and second round pick corner all got injured early on against the Broncos, and Clay Matthews was playing through his injury late in the game. (Not smart move by our coaching staff, imo.) The fact that we managed to be top 5 in both Offense and Defense going into Sunday was quite remarkable given the sheer numbers of our injury report.

The Broncos winning last night was a testament to their secondary, as good as their front seven played, the Broncos secondary had a great game, and they took our WRs to the woodshed, we weren't get any seperation all game long. Rodgers is the best in the league against the blitz and as mentioned above, had terrible o lines the entirety of his career, including ttwo plus 50+ sack seasons, how you are getting that all you need to do is pressure him and hit him, then our constant playoff runs from 09-14 doesn't make much sense.

What rant are you talking about? I was directly replying to other posts in every post in this thread but one,

Author:  S197 [ Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

It was the correct call as much as it pains me to say it. Hit to the head is an auto penalty. Bridgewater got a similar flag for a much lesser hit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Author:  thegog01 [ Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

the road. Does any other QB get that called on the road? At least Vikings fans are honest goldenslot

Author:  Jordysghost [ Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

thegog01 wrote:
the road. Does any other QB get that called on the road? At least Vikings fans are honest goldenslot


I have seen Rodgers take shots like that on the road with no call plenty.

Author:  jackal [ Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

Quote:

I have seen Rodgers take shots like that on the road with no call plenty.


Don't ask, Don't tell about the Packers road trips ,,,, :whistle: :whistle:

Author:  Jordysghost [ Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Without a Roughing the Rodgers call, Packers would have

jackal wrote:
Quote:

I have seen Rodgers take shots like that on the road with no call plenty.


Don't ask, Don't tell about the Packers road trips ,,,, :whistle: :whistle:


If they're anything like the Vikings party boat socials..

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/