Page 1 of 2

Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:53 am
by IrishViking
I DO NOT want this

But as of now we are nearly half way to a superbowl between undefeated Pats and Packers.

anyone have stats on the longest string of games there has been an unbeaten team in both division at the same time?

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:20 am
by dead_poet
IrishViking wrote:I DO NOT want this

But as of now we are nearly half way to a superbowl between undefeated Pats and Packers.

anyone have stats on the longest string of games there has been an unbeaten team in both division at the same time?
I don't have those stats but if the Vikings can't win it all I wouldn't mind the Packers losing in heartbreaking fashion in the Super Bowl and selecting 31 in every round.

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 am
by PurpleMustReign
dead_poet wrote: I don't have those stats but if the Vikings can't win it all I wouldn't mind the Packers losing in heartbreaking fashion in the Super Bowl and selecting 31 in every round.
Word :-D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:34 am
by DK Sweets
That would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside :)

Re: Halfway to an

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:43 am
by dead_poet
DK Sweets wrote:That would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside :)
It's not a bad consolation. Last season in the NFC Championship it was fairly gratifying to see them go up 16-0 at the half and 19-7 with 5 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter, with the ball and end up losing in overtime. Sometimes if I have trouble sleeping I think back to that game and my brain snuggles it like a teddy bear and I fall into a peaceful slumber.

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:47 am
by Jordysghost
Relying on another team to beat your biggest division rival? Weak sauce Vikes fans, weak sauce. :D

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:51 am
by dead_poet
Jordysghost wrote:Relying on another team to beat your biggest division rival? Weak sauce Vikes fans, weak sauce. :D
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:04 pm
by Jordysghost
dead_poet wrote: The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Yea, but feeling all smitten and fuzzy about your division rival losing in the NFCCG while your team sits out? Weak. Weak. Weak. Regardless of the teams in question.

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:06 pm
by DK Sweets
Jordysghost wrote: Yea, but feeling all smitten and fuzzy about your division rival losing in the NFCCG while your team sits out? Weak. Weak. Weak. Regardless of the teams in question.
Hey, ideally the Vikings smash the Packers. But if we can't be good enough to beat you, I hope somebody else is. I'll own that.

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 pm
by Jordysghost
Well I can certainly understand wanting your division rival to not win a SB, but when it comes to making fun of, or ridiculing the Packers for an NFCCG loss, I really, really don't think a Vikings fan is sitting in a great position to talk, no disrespect intended. Especially when they missed last years playoffs.

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:19 pm
by Jordysghost
At any rate, I seriously doubt either team goes undefeated for a whole season.

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:39 pm
by dead_poet
Jordysghost wrote:Well I can certainly understand wanting your division rival to not win a SB, but when it comes to making fun of, or ridiculing the Packers for an NFCCG loss,
I'm not making fun of them. I'm reminiscing. There's a difference.

I'm so deeply unashamed by the satisfaction I felt/feel about that game and could give a Ragnar hot crap about your opinion of that. You're not a Vikings fan. You haven't lived through what we have. Think about how you felt after that game and multiply that by about 100 and you might start understanding our/my perspective. Am I happy my team was sitting out during that? Absolutely not. What would've been even sweeter would be the one delivering that glorious dagger. It wasn't, but at least it was delivered. How many people were really all that sad when Joffrey Baratheon was poisoned? Yes, I'm saying the Packers are the Joffrey Baratheon of the NFL.

You will never understand my perspective, and I don't expect you to. So feel free to judge all you want and look down on those of us that do, but you might not be able to see us very well atop your high horse made of Lombardi trophies. Just a friendly warning: winter is coming.

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:39 pm
by dead_poet
Jordysghost wrote:At any rate, I seriously doubt either team goes undefeated for a whole season.
Ugh. I hope not. That'd be disgusting.

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:44 pm
by fiestavike
dead_poet wrote: I'm not making fun of them. I'm reminiscing. There's a difference.

I'm so deeply unashamed by the satisfaction I felt/feel about that game and could give a Ragnar hot crap about your opinion of that. You're not a Vikings fan. You haven't lived through what we have. Think about how you felt after that game and multiply that by about 100 and you might start understanding our/my perspective. Am I happy my team was sitting out during that? Absolutely not. What would've been even sweeter would be the one delivering that glorious dagger. It wasn't, but at least it was delivered. How many people were really all that sad when Joffrey Baratheon was poisoned? Yes, I'm saying the Packers are the Joffrey Baratheon of the NFL.

You will never understand my perspective, and I don't expect you to. So feel free to judge all you want and look down on those of us that do, but you might not be able to see us very well atop your high horse made of Lombardi trophies. Just a friendly warning: winter is coming.
Well said.

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:02 pm
by Funkytown
dead_poet wrote: I'm not making fun of them. I'm reminiscing. There's a difference.

I'm so deeply unashamed by the satisfaction I felt/feel about that game and could give a Ragnar hot crap about your opinion of that. You're not a Vikings fan. You haven't lived through what we have. Think about how you felt after that game and multiply that by about 100 and you might start understanding our/my perspective. Am I happy my team was sitting out during that? Absolutely not. What would've been even sweeter would be the one delivering that glorious dagger. It wasn't, but at least it was delivered. How many people were really all that sad when Joffrey Baratheon was poisoned? Yes, I'm saying the Packers are the Joffrey Baratheon of the NFL.

You will never understand my perspective, and I don't expect you to. So feel free to judge all you want and look down on those of us that do, but you might not be able to see us very well atop your high horse made of Lombardi trophies. Just a friendly warning: winter is coming.
Image