Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

This is where threads go to die. If you want to talk Smack or get out of hand, this is where your post will end up. All Smack talk will be moved here with no shadow links left in the original forum!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1631
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am

Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by IrishViking » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:53 am

I DO NOT want this

But as of now we are nearly half way to a superbowl between undefeated Pats and Packers.

anyone have stats on the longest string of games there has been an unbeaten team in both division at the same time?
0 x

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24566
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by dead_poet » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:20 am

IrishViking wrote:I DO NOT want this

But as of now we are nearly half way to a superbowl between undefeated Pats and Packers.

anyone have stats on the longest string of games there has been an unbeaten team in both division at the same time?
I don't have those stats but if the Vikings can't win it all I wouldn't mind the Packers losing in heartbreaking fashion in the Super Bowl and selecting 31 in every round.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18539
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by PurpleMustReign » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 am

dead_poet wrote: I don't have those stats but if the Vikings can't win it all I wouldn't mind the Packers losing in heartbreaking fashion in the Super Bowl and selecting 31 in every round.
Word :-D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2910
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Location: Missouri

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by DK Sweets » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:34 am

That would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside :)
0 x

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24566
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Halfway to an

Post by dead_poet » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:43 am

DK Sweets wrote:That would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside :)
It's not a bad consolation. Last season in the NFC Championship it was fairly gratifying to see them go up 16-0 at the half and 19-7 with 5 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter, with the ball and end up losing in overtime. Sometimes if I have trouble sleeping I think back to that game and my brain snuggles it like a teddy bear and I fall into a peaceful slumber.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

Jordysghost
Packers Suck
Posts: 2992
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by Jordysghost » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:47 am

Relying on another team to beat your biggest division rival? Weak sauce Vikes fans, weak sauce. :D
0 x
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24566
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by dead_poet » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:51 am

Jordysghost wrote:Relying on another team to beat your biggest division rival? Weak sauce Vikes fans, weak sauce. :D
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

Jordysghost
Packers Suck
Posts: 2992
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by Jordysghost » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:04 pm

dead_poet wrote: The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Yea, but feeling all smitten and fuzzy about your division rival losing in the NFCCG while your team sits out? Weak. Weak. Weak. Regardless of the teams in question.
0 x
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011

User avatar
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2910
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Location: Missouri

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by DK Sweets » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:06 pm

Jordysghost wrote: Yea, but feeling all smitten and fuzzy about your division rival losing in the NFCCG while your team sits out? Weak. Weak. Weak. Regardless of the teams in question.
Hey, ideally the Vikings smash the Packers. But if we can't be good enough to beat you, I hope somebody else is. I'll own that.
0 x

Jordysghost
Packers Suck
Posts: 2992
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by Jordysghost » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 pm

Well I can certainly understand wanting your division rival to not win a SB, but when it comes to making fun of, or ridiculing the Packers for an NFCCG loss, I really, really don't think a Vikings fan is sitting in a great position to talk, no disrespect intended. Especially when they missed last years playoffs.
0 x
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011

Jordysghost
Packers Suck
Posts: 2992
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by Jordysghost » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:19 pm

At any rate, I seriously doubt either team goes undefeated for a whole season.
0 x
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24566
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by dead_poet » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:39 pm

Jordysghost wrote:Well I can certainly understand wanting your division rival to not win a SB, but when it comes to making fun of, or ridiculing the Packers for an NFCCG loss,
I'm not making fun of them. I'm reminiscing. There's a difference.

I'm so deeply unashamed by the satisfaction I felt/feel about that game and could give a Ragnar hot crap about your opinion of that. You're not a Vikings fan. You haven't lived through what we have. Think about how you felt after that game and multiply that by about 100 and you might start understanding our/my perspective. Am I happy my team was sitting out during that? Absolutely not. What would've been even sweeter would be the one delivering that glorious dagger. It wasn't, but at least it was delivered. How many people were really all that sad when Joffrey Baratheon was poisoned? Yes, I'm saying the Packers are the Joffrey Baratheon of the NFL.

You will never understand my perspective, and I don't expect you to. So feel free to judge all you want and look down on those of us that do, but you might not be able to see us very well atop your high horse made of Lombardi trophies. Just a friendly warning: winter is coming.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24566
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by dead_poet » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:39 pm

Jordysghost wrote:At any rate, I seriously doubt either team goes undefeated for a whole season.
Ugh. I hope not. That'd be disgusting.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3571
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by fiestavike » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:44 pm

dead_poet wrote: I'm not making fun of them. I'm reminiscing. There's a difference.

I'm so deeply unashamed by the satisfaction I felt/feel about that game and could give a Ragnar hot crap about your opinion of that. You're not a Vikings fan. You haven't lived through what we have. Think about how you felt after that game and multiply that by about 100 and you might start understanding our/my perspective. Am I happy my team was sitting out during that? Absolutely not. What would've been even sweeter would be the one delivering that glorious dagger. It wasn't, but at least it was delivered. How many people were really all that sad when Joffrey Baratheon was poisoned? Yes, I'm saying the Packers are the Joffrey Baratheon of the NFL.

You will never understand my perspective, and I don't expect you to. So feel free to judge all you want and look down on those of us that do, but you might not be able to see us very well atop your high horse made of Lombardi trophies. Just a friendly warning: winter is coming.
Well said.
0 x

User avatar
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee
Posts: 4044
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Contact:

Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl

Post by Funkytown » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:02 pm

dead_poet wrote: I'm not making fun of them. I'm reminiscing. There's a difference.

I'm so deeply unashamed by the satisfaction I felt/feel about that game and could give a Ragnar hot crap about your opinion of that. You're not a Vikings fan. You haven't lived through what we have. Think about how you felt after that game and multiply that by about 100 and you might start understanding our/my perspective. Am I happy my team was sitting out during that? Absolutely not. What would've been even sweeter would be the one delivering that glorious dagger. It wasn't, but at least it was delivered. How many people were really all that sad when Joffrey Baratheon was poisoned? Yes, I'm saying the Packers are the Joffrey Baratheon of the NFL.

You will never understand my perspective, and I don't expect you to. So feel free to judge all you want and look down on those of us that do, but you might not be able to see us very well atop your high horse made of Lombardi trophies. Just a friendly warning: winter is coming.
Image
0 x
Image

Post Reply