View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Now Who Couldn't See This Coming? 
Veteran

Post Now Who Couldn't See This Coming?
Cowgurlz fans whining that the refs GAVE the game away to the Packers. First of all, the refs CALLED it a catch. It was the Packers coach challenge that caused the reversal. Second of all, by the letter of the law, it was NOT a catch. Does the law suck? Yes it does. Should it be changed? Of course. But it is still the rule as written. But , Dallas had over 4 minutes to stop the Packers after they got the ball after the call. Dallas could not stop the Packers from running the clock out. Assuming that the call was not reversed and Dallas scored a TD, that still gave the Packers four minutes to mount a last drive. And Aaron was pretty sharp at that point. I have no doubt that he could have drove the Packers to at least FG position and score, if not get a touchdown. Remember, they were in FG position when he started kneeling on the snap and going through about the last two minutes of time.

The call led to a Packers win, but it did not GIVE the Packers the win. The Dallas defense had a lot to do with their loss.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:21 pm
Franchise Player

Post Re: Now Who Couldn't See This Coming?
greenandgold wrote:
Cowgurlz fans whining that the refs GAVE the game away to the Packers. First of all, the refs CALLED it a catch. It was the Packers coach challenge that caused the reversal. Second of all, by the letter of the law, it was NOT a catch. Does the law suck? Yes it does. Should it be changed? Of course. But it is still the rule as written. But , Dallas had over 4 minutes to stop the Packers after they got the ball after the call. Dallas could not stop the Packers from running the clock out. Assuming that the call was not reversed and Dallas scored a TD, that still gave the Packers four minutes to mount a last drive. And Aaron was pretty sharp at that point. I have no doubt that he could have drove the Packers to at least FG position and score, if not get a touchdown. Remember, they were in FG position when he started kneeling on the snap and going through about the last two minutes of time.

The call led to a Packers win, but it did not GIVE the Packers the win. The Dallas defense had a lot to do with their loss.

I'm with you, how the ball hits the ground and pops out of his hands, and some people still see it as a catch, is beyond me.

But Cowpokes fans are some of the worst in sports so whatever, if Dez completes the process of the catch this isn't an issue, but he didn't.

How do you think your Packers are going to fare next week?

Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:30 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

This will go down as one of the biggest "choke jobs" in NFL history :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:14 pm
Career Elite Player

I have been away from NFL crap all season but I just wanted to stop by and post....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:18 am
Hall of Famer

greenandgold wrote:

Total load of crap. Your Lombardi Worshiping Refs outright stole the game from the cowboys to help the primadonna Packers out. Not only was it a catch, it was also a football move AFTER the catch. If you don't see that you are either blind or stupid or both.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:32 pm
Career Elite Player

That's a bit excessive...the play was close. Somebody isn't stupid just for seeing a play differently.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:51 pm
Packers Suck

Laserman wrote:
greenandgold wrote:

Total load of crap. Your Lombardi Worshiping Refs outright stole the game from the cowboys to help the primadonna Packers out. Not only was it a catch, it was also a football move AFTER the catch. If you don't see that you are either blind or stupid or both.

Yea because when a guy catches a ball, and then the ball hits the ground and pops out of his hands, that constitutes a catch. :roll: i knew it was incomplete upon the first instant replay. Falling immediatly from making a catch is not a football move.

Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]