View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Jennings who???? 
All Pro Elite Player

Post Re: Jennings who????
MelanieMFunk wrote:
JEC334 wrote:

And you talk about the Vikings "wanting" to be your rival. If that were the case, why do you Packer fans get mad when your players come here. I mean you even took time to make a thread called "Jennings who" so we know you care about him. Just like when Brett came and most fans dont even want him to come back to retire as a Packer because played for the Vikings. lol You Packer fans are something else.

Nope. I guess the Vikings and Packers aren't rivals. We can't be because we don't have a Super Bowl win. The Packers have no rivals within the division in MY mind with that logic. Because the Packers are the only team to win a Super Bowl in our division in my lifetime. *shrugs* Oh well. I guess he's right. The Packers are so dominant and groovy. It's just no competition. They win the division every year with no trouble. I bet with Aaron Rodgers they'll win at least another 8 Super Bowls or so. They are so awesome. :roll: I guess the Lions are our main rival. lol. That's news to me! :)

And yet they hate us after we take some of their former players. Favre literally has to get on his knees now just so the Packers will let him retire as a Packer. Yet most of them still are butt hurt because he came to Minnesota. Greg Jennings will get the same treatment. But I dont think he will retire as a Packer.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:19 am
Veteran

JEC334 wrote:

And yet they hate us after we take some of their former players. Favre literally has to get on his knees now just so the Packers will let him retire as a Packer. Yet most of them still are butt hurt because he came to Minnesota. Greg Jennings will get the same treatment. But I dont think he will retire as a Packer.

And you wouldn't resent it in the LEAST if a longtime Viking player wanted to go to division rival Green Bay, just to piss off the Vikings just because you wouldn't start him?

Somehow I doubt it.

And I have already posted I wish Jennings well............except when he plays against the Packers.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:21 am
All Pro Elite Player

greenandgold wrote:
JEC334 wrote:

And you wouldn't resent it in the LEAST if a longtime Viking player wanted to go to division rival Green Bay, just to piss off the Vikings just because you wouldn't start him?

Somehow I doubt it.

And I have already posted I wish Jennings well............except when he plays against the Packers.

If you guys got Randy Moss, I wouldn't hate him. I hope you guys wouldn't win a super bowl with him but I wouldn't resent him. But knowing the Packers, they're pride wouldn't allow them to get ex-Viking now because you guys would be doing the same thing you guys give us so much slack over, taking players from a rivals team.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:31 am
Veteran

Randy Moss never played 15 years for you. Plus he was a bad locker room influence. Brett was the soul of the team for a long time. Plus didn't your team CUT Moss. Did Moss go straight to a division rival team first chance he got?

Didn't think so.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:13 pm
All Pro Elite Player

greenandgold wrote:
Randy Moss never played 15 years for you. Plus he was a bad locker room influence. Brett was the soul of the team for a long time. Plus didn't your team CUT Moss. Did Moss go straight to a division rival team first chance he got?

Didn't think so.

Moss didn't play long for us as Favre did for yall but he has a permanent spot with Vikings fans fault. The thing about Moss is that he couldn't get along with a couple of out coaches. The last time I checked, we waived Moss a few of years ago. Yall could have got him then, you could get him now, im sure he would play for anybody now.

But I understand what ur trying to say. This may sound weird coming from a Vikings fan but a part of me is happy we didn't win a superbowl with Favre. I didn't want you guys saying that the only reason we won was because we had an ex-Packer...lol

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:25 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

greenandgold wrote:

Didn't think so.

So why blame Brett? I never understood the Packers organization AND fans being like, "Well, we don't want you anymore. We're moving on, but we want to have control over where you play and what you do." Why? Did the Packers own Favre even after they supposedly wanted to move on? If Rodgers truly WAS better and y'all were secure with that decision, you wouldn't have cared where Favre went. That is the truth. Worried about two freaking games a year? Why? You guys had someone better. Why do you care? It's just straight up foolishness. Wanna have your cake and eat it too, eh? Oh yeah. This is Wisconsin we are talking about. ;)

:govikes:

Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Elite Player

greenandgold wrote:

Didn't think so.

If a division rival needed a WR at the time and had the money most likely lol.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:33 pm
Franchise Player

Funkytown wrote:
greenandgold wrote:

Didn't think so.

So why blame Brett? I never understood the Packers organization AND fans being like, "Well, we don't want you anymore. We're moving on, but we want to have control over where you play and what you do." Why? Did the Packers own Favre even after they supposedly wanted to move on? If Rodgers truly WAS better and y'all were secure with that decision, you wouldn't have cared where Favre went. That is the truth. Worried about two freaking games a year? Why? You guys had someone better. Why do you care? It's just straight up foolishness. Wanna have your cake and eat it too, eh? Oh yeah. This is Wisconsin we are talking about. ;)

I'm about the farthest thing from a Packers Fan..

but this whole haha your from Wisconsin thing is ridiculous, you do realize nobody from outside the Midwest generally sees any #### difference between Minny and Wisco right? Like, really, all you Minnesotans need to look in the mirror, because Minny is a rural, barren ses pool of ignorance as well.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:50 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Purpnation wrote:

but this whole haha your from Wisconsin thing is ridiculous, you do realize nobody from outside the Midwest generally sees any #### difference between Minny and Wisco right? Like, really, all you Minnesotans need to look in the mirror, because Minny is a rural, barren ses pool of ignorance as well.

Settle down, crazy. People from neighboring states pick on each other all of the time (all around the U.S.). It's called a joke. Learn about it. For example, there is a shirt at the MOA that says, "Friends don't let friends live in Wisconsin." It. Is. A. Joke. Funny, haha, innocent little jab, etc. :D

Also, you got that butt hurt about one little comment (that you apparently misinterpreted AND took too seriously while ignoring the main points from the post) from seven months ago? :lol: Wow. Really?

I'm not even from Minnesota (I'm from Iowa, which is worse. Oh no, I'm picking on myself and my state...waaaah), but to hate on people from Minnesota, and the Midwest in general, for being "ignorant" when you don't even know the difference between "your" and "you're"?! Puh-lease. You'd fit RIGHT in around here, pal. That sort of thing is VERY common. :D Come on over/up for a visit!

So, it's cool to judge the Midwest as a whole (or for YOU to judge Minnesota), but it's not okay for people from states within the Midwest to poke fun at other states in the Midwest? Got it. Cool beans. I'll keep that in mind the next time I make a little joke.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Franchise Player

Funkytown wrote:
Purpnation wrote:

Settle down, crazy. People from neighboring states pick on each other all of the time (all around the U.S.). It's called a joke. Learn about it. For example, there is a shirt at the MOA that says, "Friends don't let friends live in Wisconsin." It. Is. A. Joke. Funny, haha, innocent little jab, etc. :D

Also, you got that butt hurt about one little comment (that you apparently misinterpreted AND took too seriously while ignoring the main points from the post) from seven months ago? :lol: Wow. Really?

I'm not even from Minnesota (I'm from Iowa, which is worse. Oh no, I'm picking on myself and my state...waaaah), but to hate on people from Minnesota, and the Midwest in general, for being "ignorant" when you don't even know the difference between "your" and "you're"?! Puh-lease. You'd fit RIGHT in around here, pal. That sort of thing is VERY common. :D Come on over/up for a visit!

So, it's cool to judge the Midwest as a whole (or for YOU to judge Minnesota), but it's not okay for people from states within the Midwest to poke fun at other states in the Midwest? Got it. Cool beans. I'll keep that in mind the next time I make a little joke.

I hate you because your a bigger smartass then me and you seem like someone I would hang out with. :lol:

But in all seriousness, I wasnt trying to sound angry or mad or some #### like that, I was just saying. Because the truth of the matter is that Packers fans don't really give us #### for being from Minny, we give them #### for being from Wisconsin, just something I guess I'll never understand.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:27 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Purpnation wrote:

I hate you because your a bigger smartass then me and you seem like someone I would hang out with. :lol:

Now that is something I can agree with. ;) Now I'm glad I came back with my smart@$$ attitude. :D

Quote:
But in all seriousness, I wasnt trying to sound angry or mad or some #### like that, I was just saying. Because the truth of the matter is that Packers fans don't really give us #### for being from Minny, we give them #### for being from Wisconsin, just something I guess I'll never understand.

Well, you did seem mad, but it's all good. See, I can dig at Wisconsin, but when it comes down to it, I'll stick up for the Midwest if I have to. :D

As far as the other thing, we need something to jab Packers fans with, don't we? I think picking on Wisconsin works a LITTLE bit better than picking on the Packers...when we're Vikings fans.

It's sad, but true. :x

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Career Elite Player

Most people I deal with on a daily basis are actually quite progressive. I like Minnesota. I just don't like our weather. I have lived here my entire life, but I am quite sure I will be departing in the near future.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:38 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

frosted21 wrote:
Most people I deal with on a daily basis are actually quite progressive. I like Minnesota. I just don't like our weather. I have lived here my entire life, but I am quite sure I will be departing in the near future.

Having lived in Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Nebraska (yeah yeah, I get around lol), I like Minnesota the best, and it's not even close. It probably has to do with Minnesota having my number one passion, but hey, I can admit to that. There are a lot of things to love about Minnesota, and especially the Twin Cities. The Cities have a lot to offer. I can't wait to make it back! I visit a few times a year, but that is not enough. :D

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Franchise Player

Funkytown wrote:
frosted21 wrote:

Having lived in Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Nebraska (yeah yeah, I get around lol), I like Minnesota the best, and it's not even close. It probably has to do with Minnesota having my number one passion, but hey, I can admit to that. There are a lot of things to love about Minnesota, and especially the Twin Cities. The Cities have a lot to offer. I can't wait to make it back! I visit a few times a year, but that is not enough. :D

Hey Funk where did you live in Wisconsin? I lived there for quite sometime myself. (Where else would I draw my comment about ignorant ses pools :lol: )

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:52 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Purpnation wrote:
Hey Funk where did you live in Wisconsin? I lived there for quite sometime myself. (Where else would I draw my comment about ignorant ses pools :lol: )

Well, it was back in the day (ages 10-12), and only for a couple years, but around Cambria and Randolph. In Columbia County, in the Beaver Dam/Portage area. Sound familiar? Middle of nowhere, basically. Kind of like where I live now, only in Iowa. :D

Cesspool*

I suppose Wisconsin is fun sometimes, though, especially the dating scene:

http://static.squarespace.com/static/50 ... t=original

Okay, I'm done, I'm done. :lol:

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

I put it this way. There is no way I thought he had nothing in the tank left. But with a stable of bright and much cheaper stasrs it just made too much sense to get what we could for him.

But why do they all seem to go to the Vikings?

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:40 pm
Franchise Player

King James wrote:
So why aren't you on the Bears or Lions message boards talking smack? But first you need to do more research. The Steelers have the most super bowl rings. Behind them is Dallas, New England, San Francisco, and Denver. THEN there's the Packers tied at four with the G-Men. I thought you would know that but perhaps math isn't the best skill in Wisconsin...lol :lol:

Don't worry though. The Vikings will join the super bowl club very soon.

Wait, did you really just claim that Denver and New England have as many Championships as the Fudge? They don't even have as many SBs, let alone Championships.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:39 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Purpnation wrote:
King James wrote:
So why aren't you on the Bears or Lions message boards talking smack? But first you need to do more research. The Steelers have the most super bowl rings. Behind them is Dallas, New England, San Francisco, and Denver. THEN there's the Packers tied at four with the G-Men. I thought you would know that but perhaps math isn't the best skill in Wisconsin...lol :lol:

Don't worry though. The Vikings will join the super bowl club very soon.

Wait, did you really just claim that Denver and New England have as many Championships as the Fudge? They don't even have as many SBs, let alone Championships.

Yeah where did he dig up those numbers on Denver? They have 2 Super Bowl wins and 5 Super Bowl loses.

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:52 am
All Pro Elite Player

Funkytown wrote:
I like Minnesota the best, and it's not even close. It probably has to do with Minnesota having my number one passion
Awwww you're going to make me blush. That means a lot to me, thanks. I think you're a pretty neat fella too Mel. /hug

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:11 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Reignman wrote:
Funkytown wrote:
I like Minnesota the best, and it's not even close. It probably has to do with Minnesota having my number one passion
Awwww you're going to make me blush. That means a lot to me, thanks. I think you're a pretty neat fella too Mel. /hug

:rofl:

You're too much. ...too much ridiculousness. :lol:

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:37 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

I have heard talk of maybe Jennings going back to the Packers as a third down receiver. I hope not. We would have to pay him too much, which is apparently one of the reasons you cut him. I would rather draft somebody new that we could get a few more years out of.

Yeah, he did what Jones from the Packers did. Left for another team for the big bucks, and pretty much did nothing for their new teams. When was the last time you heard James Jones had a good game for the Raiders? I don't recall ONCE!

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:52 am
Packers Suck

Funkytown wrote:
greenandgold wrote:

Didn't think so.

I know I'm late to the party, but this is so wrong.

Favre was the heart and soul of GB for dumb long, he had admittedly, outgrown the reality of his legend a fair amount before he left. He was everything to Packers fans, because he helped bring us back from the dead.

NO CRAP we didn't want him signing with a division rival, I mean really, comon. Not him. Not Mr Packer himself.

When Favre left, we didn't know we had someone better, that is alot if the reason we did our best to keep him out if Minny for 2008, but of course that whiny moron would just hold the Jets hostage to get there anyways.

As much as AP means to you guys, you would hate if he came to the Packers for the sole purpose of sticking it to you, and he still isn't to you what Favre was to GB.

Also, we didnt tell brett we were moving on, after that little girl cried at his press conference, he asked to come back and we said yes, he then changed his mind, the decided he wanted to come backa gain, we said yes again, then he changed his mind, then when he decided to try and come back again, he couldnt understand why we wanted a hard commitment which he wasnt willing to give.

Looks like you need to brush up on the facts a little. :wink:

Last edited by Jordysghost on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 07, 2015 2:29 pm
Veteran

Funkytown wrote:
Purpnation wrote:

As far as the other thing, we need something to jab Packers fans with, don't we? I think picking on Wisconsin works a LITTLE bit better than picking on the Packers...when we're Vikings fans.

It's sad, but true. :x

Didn't UW beat Minnesota, too? :rock:

Just how many years in a row did we get the Paul Bunyan axe now?

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2