Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

This is where threads go to die. If you want to talk Smack or get out of hand, this is where your post will end up. All Smack talk will be moved here with no shadow links left in the original forum!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
greenandgold
Veteran
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Mobile, Alabama

Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by greenandgold » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:50 pm

I heard they expressed interest in Greg Jennings once the Pack decided no to slap the franchise tag on him.

Sharper, Farve, Longwell, I heard they were even trying to get Scottie Wells when he left GB for the big bucks.
0 x
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

User avatar
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3565
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by Purple bruise » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:54 am

greenandgold wrote:I heard they expressed interest in Greg Jennings once the Pack decided no to slap the franchise tag on him.

Sharper, Farve, Longwell, I heard they were even trying to get Scottie Wells when he left GB for the big bucks.
I am not sure which ones you considered over paid. All of them played quite well and I look forward to a Jennings signing if it works out. Just another dagger in a fudgers back :rofl: :rofl:
0 x
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

User avatar
greenandgold
Veteran
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Mobile, Alabama

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by greenandgold » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Sort of what I was thinking, you guys just do it to stick it to us. :point:
0 x
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

RandallioCobb18
Starter
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:21 am

Purple bruise wrote: I am not sure which ones you considered over paid. All of them played quite well and I look forward to a Jennings signing if it works out. Just another dagger in a fudgers back :rofl: :rofl:
Lol, if the Packers had an organization that was far and beyond better then they're own, Im sure we would jump to sign they're players too. Saddest thing about it is that throughout all the Vikings attempts to stick it to the Packers, they always fail, miserably.

What do you call a Viking with a Superbowl ring?




An ex Packer. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
0 x

User avatar
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2250
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by NextQuestion » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Why are you so obsessed with rings? Not like YOU personally have any...
0 x
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.

User avatar
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee
Posts: 4046
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Contact:

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by Funkytown » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:29 am

RandallioCobb18 wrote: Lol, if the Packers had an organization that was far and beyond better then they're own, Im sure we would jump to sign they're players too. Saddest thing about it is that throughout all the Vikings attempts to stick it to the Packers, they always fail, miserably.

What do you call a Viking with a Superbowl ring?




An ex Packer. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hardy Har Har :yawn:
0 x
Image

RandallioCobb18
Starter
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:38 am

NextQuestion wrote:Why are you so obsessed with rings? Not like YOU personally have any...
If that question was directed at me, what leads you to believe im obsessed with rings? I have just as many as the team you root for.

Im baffled as to what would make you say such a silly, ridiculous comment, why do you watch the Vikings? Its not like YOU personally played any games with them?

The whole point of the NFL (Aside from making money and entertaining the masses.) Is to win the Lombardi. If it wasn't then why would we even have a SB? If rings dont matter we might as well end the season after week 17.

When hell freezes over and the Vikings actually, you know.... WIN a Superbowl, ill make sure to ask any Vikes fans I come across why they care, after all, its not like they have any personally.
0 x

User avatar
greenandgold
Veteran
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Mobile, Alabama

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by greenandgold » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:37 pm

NextQuestion wrote:Why are you so obsessed with rings? Not like YOU personally have any...

Because it don't mean a thing if you don't have that ring? I have lots of rings, just none for sports since I blew my knee out in high shool.
0 x
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

MamaGoThatManAP
Practice Squad
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by MamaGoThatManAP » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:44 pm

NextQuestion wrote:Why are you so obsessed with rings? Not like YOU personally have any...
Lol, the only reason to watch sports is to see your team win a championship.
0 x
http://www.rubmaps.com -- The Best Professional Massages in Minneapolis

User avatar
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3565
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by Purple bruise » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 am

greenandgold wrote:
Because it don't mean a thing if you don't have that ring? I have lots of rings, just none for sports since I blew my knee out in high shool.

Okay Al Bundy. So sorry that you blew out your knee in high school. I guess the NFL will never know or appreciate what a loss that was :rofl:
0 x
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

RandallioCobb18
Starter
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:41 am

Purple bruise wrote:
Okay Al Bundy. So sorry that you blew out your knee in high school. I guess the NFL will never know or appreciate what a loss that was :rofl:
Ha! You never know! He may have led the Vikes to the SB for all we know.
0 x

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3206
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by Raptorman » Sun May 05, 2013 12:41 pm

RandallioCobb18 wrote: Lol, if the Packers had an organization that was far and beyond better then they're own, Im sure we would jump to sign they're players too. Saddest thing about it is that throughout all the Vikings attempts to stick it to the Packers, they always fail, miserably.

What do you call a Viking with a Superbowl ring?




An ex Packer. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Around the Vikings organization right now? They call him coach.
0 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3206
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by Raptorman » Sun May 05, 2013 12:50 pm

RandallioCobb18 wrote: If that question was directed at me, what leads you to believe im obsessed with rings? I have just as many as the team you root for.

Im baffled as to what would make you say such a silly, ridiculous comment, why do you watch the Vikings? Its not like YOU personally played any games with them?
The whole point of the NFL (Aside from making money and entertaining the masses.) Is to win the Lombardi. If it wasn't then why would we even have a SB? If rings dont matter we might as well end the season after week 17.

When hell freezes over and the Vikings actually, you know.... WIN a Superbowl, ill make sure to ask any Vikes fans I come across why they care, after all, its not like they have any personally.
How do you know? You have no idea on anyone's history here.

BTW, that Lombardi you speak so highly of, the Packer only have 2. The first 2, well they aren't Lombardi's, they are NFL-AFL world championship trophies. They aren't even trophies for the NFL championship game, which was played the week before. As Vince said about the NFL-AFL championship game, Paraphrasing here, "I don't know why we have to play another game, we won the Championship." You won't see that clip on NFL.com.
0 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

RandallioCobb18
Starter
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:13 am

Raptorman wrote: How do you know? You have no idea on anyone's history here.

BTW, that Lombardi you speak so highly of, the Packer only have 2. The first 2, well they aren't Lombardi's, they are NFL-AFL world championship trophies. They aren't even trophies for the NFL championship game, which was played the week before. As Vince said about the NFL-AFL championship game, Paraphrasing here, "I don't know why we have to play another game, we won the Championship." You won't see that clip on NFL.com.
LOL, how cute, justify all you want we have FOUR Lombardi Trophies, its true, go look at the Packers trophy case :)

Honestly though, who cares that Lombardi didnt give a crap about the SB? Like, seriously? The AFL representatives would have KILLED to be able to stick it to the NFL by beating their most dominant team, so what if Lombardi didnt take the AFL champion seriously? Youd be a fool to think that the representatives of the AFL didnt care about knocking of the NFL, and even with the apathy shown by Lombardi, we STILL won both games in a rather convincing fashion.

Now, your Vikings on the other hand, THEY are the ones that didnt look like they cared when they got to the big game.

.
0 x

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3206
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Why Do The Vikings Love To Overpay Ex-Packers Players?

Post by Raptorman » Tue May 07, 2013 9:06 am

RandallioCobb18 wrote: LOL, how cute, justify all you want we have FOUR Lombardi Trophies, its true, go look at the Packers trophy case :)

Honestly though, who cares that Lombardi didnt give a crap about the SB? Like, seriously? The AFL representatives would have KILLED to be able to stick it to the NFL by beating their most dominant team, so what if Lombardi didnt take the AFL champion seriously? Youd be a fool to think that the representatives of the AFL didnt care about knocking of the NFL, and even with the apathy shown by Lombardi, we STILL won both games in a rather convincing fashion.

Now, your Vikings on the other hand, THEY are the ones that didnt look like they cared when they got to the big game.

.
Only two say Lombardi. The other two say "AFL-NFL World Championship" I know, I have seen them in person.
0 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

Post Reply