View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:45 am



Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 I May Not Sound Like It 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 3565
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
greenandgold wrote:
Huh? I swear I must have hit the wrong year when I looked up the San Fran records. But you are also wrong, score was was NOT a crush, and I believe it was Smith, not Kapernack starting.

But nice try bringing up the 11-5 choke yet again when it was MY boys who put YOURS out of the playoffs, which you avoided all mention of. Not to mention the fact it was my boys who STOPPED Peterson from breaking the NFL record. I'm still winning here, not you. :rock:


Your boys choked by not beating the Vikings in the crucial last game. That loss cost them a bi and home field advantage down the road. Then, of course they did win the wildcard game beating the Vikes without Ponder, who had the week before put up a 120 QB rating with 3tds and no ints.. What would the Peckers have done if Rogers would not have played :roll: Then on to their humiliating loss to the 49ers, WHO THE VIKINGS BEAT, and let their QB run all over them. IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL, 75 YEARS OF PLAYING, THEIR CRAPPY DEFENSE SURRENDERED THE MOST YARDS TO A QB EVER :rofl: And your point about not quite setting the rushing record, AD would not have come close except he got over 420 yds. in 2 games playing against your boy's crappy defense :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

_________________
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.


Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts: 2250
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
I like how Packer dude makes it sound like the only reason we beat SF was because Smith was the QB. Packers lost to Smith in week 1 and it wasn't close. 30-22 minus 7 for the flag that got picked up on the Cobb PR TD. Why the replacements picked it up boggles me.

_________________
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.


Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:43 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
And once again a Minny fan bringing up one bad game and ignoring that my boys put HIS team out of the playoffs.

I'm still winning. :mrgreen:

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:53 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts: 2250
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
greenandgold wrote:
And once again a Minny fan bringing up one bad game and ignoring that my boys put HIS team out of the playoffs.

I'm still winning. :mrgreen:


You're trolling another team's board. I'd say you're far from winning.

_________________
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.


Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:19 pm
Profile
Practice Squad

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:33 am
Posts: 12
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
Purple bruise wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
Huh? I swear I must have hit the wrong year when I looked up the San Fran records. But you are also wrong, score was was NOT a crush, and I believe it was Smith, not Kapernack starting.

But nice try bringing up the 11-5 choke yet again when it was MY boys who put YOURS out of the playoffs, which you avoided all mention of. Not to mention the fact it was my boys who STOPPED Peterson from breaking the NFL record. I'm still winning here, not you. :rock:


Your boys choked by not beating the Vikings in the crucial last game. That loss cost them a bi and home field advantage down the road. Then, of course they did win the wildcard game beating the Vikes without Ponder, who had the week before put up a 120 QB rating with 3tds and no ints.. What would the Peckers have done if Rogers would not have played :roll: Then on to their humiliating loss to the 49ers, WHO THE VIKINGS BEAT, and let their QB run all over them. IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL, 75 YEARS OF PLAYING, THEIR CRAPPY DEFENSE SURRENDERED THE MOST YARDS TO A QB EVER :rofl: And your point about not quite setting the rushing record, AD would not have come close except he got over 420 yds. in 2 games playing against your boy's crappy defense :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:


Lol, you know what also never happened in the history of the NFL? The Vikings winning a Championship.

You know what that means? It means that literally every memory you (and all Vikings fans) have of your beloved team, every experience, every moment, every time vikings fans bonded with there family over they're love of the game, every single moment, means absolutley nothing.

Your team has never won anything, everyone outside of your own fanbase considers your team irrelevant, every HOFer your team has ever had, likely ended their career ringless and dissatisfied, all the time you have put in to support your team, has been all for naught, and do you know why>

Because your team chokes, every time, its like clockwork.

Say what you want about the read option #### whooping we got in the playoffs, at least we have proven we can get to a SB and actually win, unlike your entire franchise and this years version of the Niners.
Cant wait to dominant your team and the rest of the inferior division once again this year, im sure someone will make it interesting eventually. :confused: :confused:

have fun being a Viking fan, just playin, I know its awful.


Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:37 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts: 2250
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
Cool. Another solid troll who thinks he's an "owner" for the Packers.

_________________
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.


Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7948
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
NextQuestion wrote:
Cool. Another solid troll who thinks he's an "owner" for the Packers.


:lol:

Gotta love people who think their team's accomplishments are somehow tied to THEIR accomplishments. The team you like won a championship a few years ago ... and you watched ... good job.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:03 am
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts: 2250
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
Cliff wrote:
NextQuestion wrote:
Cool. Another solid troll who thinks he's an "owner" for the Packers.


:lol:

Gotta love people who think their team's accomplishments are somehow tied to THEIR accomplishments. The team you like won a championship a few years ago ... and you watched ... good job.


Haha no doubt. 53 millionaires won a championship for a town they could not give a flying f*ck about.

_________________
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.


Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:16 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:42 pm
Posts: 547
Location: South St Paul
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
Aaronitout wrote:

Lol, you know what also never happened in the history of the NFL? The Vikings winning a Championship.



this is a false statement. The Vikings were the NFL Champions in 1969. True, they lost to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, but they were the NFL champs. The last champion of the NFL before the merger.

Suck on that Packer fans.

_________________
Image


Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:05 am
Profile YIM
Practice Squad

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:33 am
Posts: 12
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
Lol, ok, well aside from the fact that I could not possibly care less about the town of Green Bay either (Obviously aside from the Packers, but the town itself has little bearing on their on field success.) isn't it better to have 53 players win a championship for a town they couldn't give a #### about, then 53 players NOT win a championship for a state they couldn't give a #### about? Ill take the former.

Ah...right you are viking_guy I was aware of this but it had slipped my mind considering your team went and choked it all away in the SB.


Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:36 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:31 pm
Posts: 894
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
greenandgold wrote:
Huh? I swear I must have hit the wrong year when I looked up the San Fran records. But you are also wrong, score was was NOT a crush, and I believe it was Smith, not Kapernack starting.

But nice try bringing up the 11-5 choke yet again when it was MY boys who put YOURS out of the playoffs, which you avoided all mention of. Not to mention the fact it was my boys who STOPPED Peterson from breaking the NFL record. I'm still winning here, not you. :rock:


Your boys? lol... also ponder didn't even start for that playoff game. For all the bragging if Rogers went down for a season you would be humbled real quick.

_________________
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson


Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:53 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm
Posts: 164
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
allday1991 wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
Huh? I swear I must have hit the wrong year when I looked up the San Fran records. But you are also wrong, score was was NOT a crush, and I believe it was Smith, not Kapernack starting.

But nice try bringing up the 11-5 choke yet again when it was MY boys who put YOURS out of the playoffs, which you avoided all mention of. Not to mention the fact it was my boys who STOPPED Peterson from breaking the NFL record. I'm still winning here, not you. :rock:


Your boys? lol... also ponder didn't even start for that playoff game. For all the bragging if Rogers went down for a season you would be humbled real quick.


Lol, dude, can you imagine how terrible you guys would be without AD? You almost missed the playoffs entirely and he had possibly the greatest season by a RB ever.


Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 am
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm
Posts: 164
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
Cliff wrote:
NextQuestion wrote:
Cool. Another solid troll who thinks he's an "owner" for the Packers.


:lol:

Gotta love people who think their team's accomplishments are somehow tied to THEIR accomplishments. The team you like won a championship a few years ago ... and you watched ... good job.


This kind of thinking simply baffles me, and it appears to be almost exclusive to Vikings fans.

Why would anyone watch the NFL, or more specifically, support one specific team, if what they do on the field doesn't matter? I mean, Im not one of those people that thinks Football is a matter of life and death but what's the point of supporting one team exclusively if your not going to revel in they're accomplishments, and be hurt my they're misfortunes? 2009 you would have thought that Vikings fans had won the SB, but then 2010 rolls around and they are forced to watch they're (In their mind) feircest rival beat them and they're 300 year old QB in to the dirt twice and then go on to win the Super Bowl, and suddenly its all, "Why do you care? You didn't win the Superbowl..."

Sorry Vikes fans, thats not how it works, fans remember and revere they're team of choice's accomplishments, are you telling me your not proud of your Vikings for anything they have ever done? If you can't be proud of you team winning the SB, then I simply dont know what the point of being a fan is.


Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4011
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
RandallioCobb18 wrote:
Cliff wrote:
NextQuestion wrote:
Cool. Another solid troll who thinks he's an "owner" for the Packers.


:lol:

Gotta love people who think their team's accomplishments are somehow tied to THEIR accomplishments. The team you like won a championship a few years ago ... and you watched ... good job.


This kind of thinking simply baffles me, and it appears to be almost exclusive to Vikings fans.

Why would anyone watch the NFL, or more specifically, support one specific team, if what they do on the field doesn't matter? I mean, Im not one of those people that thinks Football is a matter of life and death but what's the point of supporting one team exclusively if your not going to revel in they're accomplishments, and be hurt my they're misfortunes? 2009 you would have thought that Vikings fans had won the SB, but then 2010 rolls around and they are forced to watch they're (In their mind) feircest rival beat them and they're 300 year old QB in to the dirt twice and then go on to win the Super Bowl, and suddenly its all, "Why do you care? You didn't win the Superbowl..."

Sorry Vikes fans, thats not how it works, fans remember and revere they're team of choice's accomplishments, are you telling me your not proud of your Vikings for anything they have ever done? If you can't be proud of you team winning the SB, then I simply dont know what the point of being a fan is.


It's called being defensive. I'm quite confident most true fans are upset during bad times and are pumped up during good times. We just don't like fans from other teams playing the "rah rah rah we won a Super Bowl" nonsense. That's awesome. That's great. Thank you Captain Obvious. We already know y'all have Super Bowl victories and we don't. It's annoying. That's what. We aren't in grade school. "Packers rule! Vikings drool!" Get outta town with that.

Take my older brother for example. Total Cowboys fan d-bag. Since he has been a Cowboys fan and I've been a Vikings fan--guess whose team has been more successful?! Go ahead. Guess. Mine--by far. But guess what? Guess what I have to hear even though his team is a FREAKIN' JOKE?!?! "My team won five Super Bowls, rah rah rah." Annoying.

I, for one, will NOT ever play the "Vikings won a Super Bowl rah rah rah" game. We will win one someday; I know it. But I guarantee, you won't see many Vikings fans freakin' bragging about it. We won't run to fans of teams who never won one--or even been to one--and run our lips to them. What is the point? There is none. Vikings fans know the pain. We get it. We know it hurts like h*ll. I'm confident most of us won't be obnoxious about it. We'll be appreciative not obnoxious. Learn about it.

Speaking of obnoxious, who joins another team's fan site to taunt? Really? Really? And you expect people not to get defensive? We get defensive because we do care. It's not that hard to figure out.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Starter

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm
Posts: 164
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
MelanieMFunk wrote:
RandallioCobb18 wrote:
Cliff wrote:


Gotta love people who think their team's accomplishments are somehow tied to THEIR accomplishments. The team you like won a championship a few years ago ... and you watched ... good job.


This kind of thinking simply baffles me, and it appears to be almost exclusive to Vikings fans.

Why would anyone watch the NFL, or more specifically, support one specific team, if what they do on the field doesn't matter? I mean, Im not one of those people that thinks Football is a matter of life and death but what's the point of supporting one team exclusively if your not going to revel in they're accomplishments, and be hurt my they're misfortunes? 2009 you would have thought that Vikings fans had won the SB, but then 2010 rolls around and they are forced to watch they're (In their mind) feircest rival beat them and they're 300 year old QB in to the dirt twice and then go on to win the Super Bowl, and suddenly its all, "Why do you care? You didn't win the Superbowl..."

Sorry Vikes fans, thats not how it works, fans remember and revere they're team of choice's accomplishments, are you telling me your not proud of your Vikings for anything they have ever done? If you can't be proud of you team winning the SB, then I simply dont know what the point of being a fan is.


It's called being defensive. I'm quite confident most true fans are upset during bad times and are pumped up during good times. We just don't like fans from other teams playing the "rah rah rah we won a Super Bowl" nonsense. That's awesome. That's great. Thank you Captain Obvious. We already know y'all have Super Bowl victories and we don't. It's annoying. That's what. We aren't in grade school. "Packers rule! Vikings drool!" Get outta town with that.

Take my older brother for example. Total Cowboys fan d-bag. Since he has been a Cowboys fan and I've been a Vikings fan--guess whose team has been more successful?! Go ahead. Guess. Mine--by far. But guess what? Guess what I have to hear even though his team is a FREAKIN' JOKE?!?! "My team won five Super Bowls, rah rah rah." Annoying.

I, for one, will NOT ever play the "Vikings won a Super Bowl rah rah rah" game. We will win one someday; I know it. But I guarantee, you won't see many Vikings fans freakin' bragging about it. We won't run to fans of teams who never won one--or even been to one--and run our lips to them. What is the point? There is none. Vikings fans know the pain. We get it. We know it hurts like h*ll. I'm confident most of us won't be obnoxious about it. We'll be appreciative not obnoxious. Learn about it.

Speaking of obnoxious, who joins another team's fan site to taunt? Really? Really? And you expect people not to get defensive? We get defensive because we do care. It's not that hard to figure out.


I completely get what your saying, that said, believe me when I say that most fans of division rivals will find something to talk #### about.

No team is ever going to be perfect, every team will have there success and there own failure, but when the entire Division constantly nit picks and looks for any thing and everything to bash your team with, no matter how trivial it be, it can be BEYOND annoying. Especially when your team is the obvious big dog of your division, then you get to hear all the ridiculous/immature/uninformed comments from the other 3 fanbases in the division all trying to beat your team down into the ground and reason to themselves why your team sucks.

If the Lions lose, no one cares, thats expected, but if the Packers lose then of course all the trolls come flooding in, talking ####, making uneducated remarks, and complelty forgetting that even though my team lost, they made it 10x farther then said trolls team did.

Its like the rest of the NFC North has an inferiority complex, they want to belive so hard that there team is on par with the Packers, and want so hard to make Packer fans feel down on their team, that they will find any meager shortcoming and cling to it for dear life, Packer fans take more #### then anyone else in the division, and half the time it HAS NOTHING to do with football.

Most Vikes fans dont even know how to talk crap and actually make it have something to do with football, all I hear is Wisconsin sucks, Packers fans are all inbread #### who have nothing better to do, etc etc. (Which is funny, because I live on the East coast and no one really anywhere sees any difference between Wisconsin and Minnesota.)

But when the Vikes/Bears actually DO accomplish something, or one up the Pack in any way, then all of a sudden there not afraid to beat there chest and talk as much #### as they can, until of course the Packers promptly kick there #### and establish there dominance per usual, then all the #### talking ceases and said fans run away back to the shadows. For once, I want to hear a Division Rival fan talk #### about something actually relevant to the game of Football, but they cant.

You want to know about Rah Rah? Go back to 09, all I heard was how great the Vikes were and how dumb the Packer were for letting Favre go, Vikings fans took any chance they could to remind Packer fans of there 2 matchups, and how the Vikes were the GOAT and how they were going to win the SB, Ive never seen so many Purple jerseys in my life, ever, and I doubt I ever will. Then, come 2010, after the Pack completly OWNED Favre and the Vikes, and then went and win the SB, all the Purple jerseys have retreated back to their homes, singing woe is me and trying to villainize the big mean Packers. (Newflash, you guys teamed up with Favre for the sole purpose of sticking it to us, you guys played the bad guy big time.)

Its the constant jelousy and hateful nonsense that the Vikes/Bears fans spew that make Packer fans beat there chest over the teams accomplishments, we dont look for the shortcomings of your team, just so we can reiterate them over and over and over in an attempt to make us feel better about our team, because we dont have to. Thats one of the biggest differences between our fanbases. If your team won back to back Super bowls in the next few years, and some Lions fan was giving you a bunch of moronic #### saying that "The Vikings only won because of the refs, the Vikings have no class, Vikings fans are all inbred pig farmers.." you would turn around and say "Hey, were undeniably better then you, and it will probably stay that way forever, so what are you talking #### for?"

BTW, didnt come here to troll or gloat just saw the Smack forums and decided to put it to good use. :D :D


Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:24 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7948
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
RandallioCobb18 wrote:

This kind of thinking simply baffles me, and it appears to be almost exclusive to Vikings fans.

Why would anyone watch the NFL, or more specifically, support one specific team, if what they do on the field doesn't matter? I mean, Im not one of those people that thinks Football is a matter of life and death but what's the point of supporting one team exclusively if your not going to revel in they're accomplishments, and be hurt my they're misfortunes?


I agree with that thinking to a point ... but how far do you take it? You get to enjoy your teams victory and if it makes you happy you can "rub it in" to your rivals that your team did better that season. However, you only get to live in the past for so long.At some point the only people that get to "brag" about the team's victory are the players and staff that were part of the team.

Yeah ... you get to remember fondly that time your team won the super bowl ... but bragging about it doesn't make sense. The bragging rights of spectators are quite limited.

Quote:
2009 you would have thought that Vikings fans had won the SB, but then 2010 rolls around and they are forced to watch they're (In their mind) feircest rival beat them and they're 300 year old QB in to the dirt twice and then go on to win the Super Bowl, and suddenly its all, "Why do you care? You didn't win the Superbowl..."

Sorry Vikes fans, thats not how it works, fans remember and revere they're team of choice's accomplishments, are you telling me your not proud of your Vikings for anything they have ever done? If you can't be proud of you team winning the SB, then I simply dont know what the point of being a fan is.


Being proud of your team winning the super bowl and bragging about it as if you were on the team are two different things.

I'm not a fan of bragging in general ... but if you're going to do it, at least make it about something you did.

On top of that though, it's just super weak as smack. All you're really saying is "The team that I'm a fan of has won more super bowls than the team you're a fan of!".

Had you personally beaten me at something it might matter and it might 'hurt my pride' ... in this context it just comes off lame.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:36 am
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm
Posts: 164
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
Cliff wrote:
RandallioCobb18 wrote:

This kind of thinking simply baffles me, and it appears to be almost exclusive to Vikings fans.

Why would anyone watch the NFL, or more specifically, support one specific team, if what they do on the field doesn't matter? I mean, Im not one of those people that thinks Football is a matter of life and death but what's the point of supporting one team exclusively if your not going to revel in they're accomplishments, and be hurt my they're misfortunes?


I agree with that thinking to a point ... but how far do you take it? You get to enjoy your teams victory and if it makes you happy you can "rub it in" to your rivals that your team did better that season. However, you only get to live in the past for so long.At some point the only people that get to "brag" about the team's victory are the players and staff that were part of the team.

Yeah ... you get to remember fondly that time your team won the super bowl ... but bragging about it doesn't make sense. The bragging rights of spectators are quite limited.

Quote:
2009 you would have thought that Vikings fans had won the SB, but then 2010 rolls around and they are forced to watch they're (In their mind) feircest rival beat them and they're 300 year old QB in to the dirt twice and then go on to win the Super Bowl, and suddenly its all, "Why do you care? You didn't win the Superbowl..."

Sorry Vikes fans, thats not how it works, fans remember and revere they're team of choice's accomplishments, are you telling me your not proud of your Vikings for anything they have ever done? If you can't be proud of you team winning the SB, then I simply dont know what the point of being a fan is.


Being proud of your team winning the super bowl and bragging about it as if you were on the team are two different things.

I'm not a fan of bragging in general ... but if you're going to do it, at least make it about something you did.

On top of that though, it's just super weak as smack. All you're really saying is "The team that I'm a fan of has won more super bowls than the team you're a fan of!".

Had you personally beaten me at something it might matter and it might 'hurt my pride' ... in this context it just comes off lame.


I agree with alot of what your saying, I was simply replying because I mean, comon, I have Vike freinds who still talk #### to me about that 2004 Wildcard game. :lol:

Though I think you may have me confused with the other dude you were replying to, as I certainly wasnt trying to rub anything in, unless im forgetting something I posted.

I also think smack is a bit different between division foes, they play twice a year so you can always bank the games being important, kind of a perpetual war thing in my mind you know?


Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:48 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4011
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
Quote:
It's like the rest of the NFC North has an inferiority complex, they want to belive so hard that there team is on par with the Packers, and want so hard to make Packer fans feel down on their team, that they will find any meager shortcoming and cling to it for dear life, Packer fans take more #### then anyone else in the division, and half the time it HAS NOTHING to do with football.

Most Vikes fans dont even know how to talk crap and actually make it have something to do with football, all I hear is Wisconsin sucks, Packers fans are all inbread #### who have nothing better to do, etc etc. (Which is funny, because I live on the East coast and no one really anywhere sees any difference between Wisconsin and Minnesota.)


I bought a t-shirt that says "Friends don't let friends live in Wisconsin." :)

Quote:
But when the Vikes/Bears actually DO accomplish something, or one up the Pack in any way, then all of a sudden there not afraid to beat there chest and talk as much #### as they can, until of course the Packers promptly kick there #### and establish there dominance per usual, then all the #### talking ceases and said fans run away back to the shadows. For once, I want to hear a Division Rival fan talk #### about something actually relevant to the game of Football, but they cant.

You want to know about Rah Rah? Go back to 09, all I heard was how great the Vikes were and how dumb the Packer were for letting Favre go, Vikings fans took any chance they could to remind Packer fans of there 2 matchups, and how the Vikes were the GOAT and how they were going to win the SB, Ive never seen so many Purple jerseys in my life, ever, and I doubt I ever will. Then, come 2010, after the Pack completly OWNED Favre and the Vikes, and then went and win the SB, all the Purple jerseys have retreated back to their homes, singing woe is me and trying to villainize the big mean Packers. (Newflash, you guys teamed up with Favre for the sole purpose of sticking it to us, you guys played the bad guy big time.)

Its the constant jelousy and hateful nonsense that the Vikes/Bears fans spew that make Packer fans beat there chest over the teams accomplishments, we dont look for the shortcomings of your team, just so we can reiterate them over and over and over in an attempt to make us feel better about our team, because we dont have to. Thats one of the biggest differences between our fanbases. If your team won back to back Super bowls in the next few years, and some Lions fan was giving you a bunch of moronic #### saying that "The Vikings only won because of the refs, the Vikings have no class, Vikings fans are all inbred pig farmers.." you would turn around and say "Hey, were undeniably better then you, and it will probably stay that way forever, so what are you talking #### for?"

BTW, didnt come here to troll or gloat just saw the Smack forums and decided to put it to good use. :D :D


Sounds like to me, you have some issues with some other people--and you are on here trying to take it out on Vikings fans, just because they are Vikings fans. lol.

And, I know people are ridiculous. I also know many Vikings fans can be ridiculous. I've spent the last 5+ years discussing football with them. I assure you, no Packers fan can talk crap about the Vikings better than a whine-baby Vikings fan can. lol. That is a fact. With that being said, at least we don't have to hear the "Ooooh. We won the Super Bowl, and you didn't!" Blah.

As far as stupid arguments, THAT is a stupid argument. It's not stupid the year of, or the year after, but beyond that, it's time to let it go. Guess what? It's time to let it go. It's time to go year-by-year now with the trash-talking. Makes sense to me.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7948
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
RandallioCobb18 wrote:
I agree with alot of what your saying, I was simply replying because I mean, comon, I have Vike freinds who still talk #### to me about that 2004 Wildcard game. :lol:


There are always going to be fans of every team like that ... that doesn't mean a person should conform to the idiocy! lol

Quote:
Though I think you may have me confused with the other dude you were replying to, as I certainly wasnt trying to rub anything in, unless im forgetting something I posted.


Yeah, I'm not saying that you're the one that said that stuff ... just defending my stance; bringing up wins from years past as a form of "smack" is lame.

Quote:
I also think smack is a bit different between division foes, they play twice a year so you can always bank the games being important, kind of a perpetual war thing in my mind you know?


No question about it! Though over the years I care less and less about the rivalry. Maybe it's a little bit because I've just grown past it ... but I think it has more to do with the way the NFL is structured ... the teams just change so much by the time you're bragging about your super bowl victory the team is probably already different. Give it 3-5 years and you might as well not even be talking about the same team.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:08 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm
Posts: 164
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
MelanieMFunk wrote:
Quote:
It's like the rest of the NFC North has an inferiority complex, they want to belive so hard that there team is on par with the Packers, and want so hard to make Packer fans feel down on their team, that they will find any meager shortcoming and cling to it for dear life, Packer fans take more #### then anyone else in the division, and half the time it HAS NOTHING to do with football.

Most Vikes fans dont even know how to talk crap and actually make it have something to do with football, all I hear is Wisconsin sucks, Packers fans are all inbread #### who have nothing better to do, etc etc. (Which is funny, because I live on the East coast and no one really anywhere sees any difference between Wisconsin and Minnesota.)


I bought a t-shirt that says "Friends don't let friends live in Wisconsin." :)

Quote:
But when the Vikes/Bears actually DO accomplish something, or one up the Pack in any way, then all of a sudden there not afraid to beat there chest and talk as much #### as they can, until of course the Packers promptly kick there #### and establish there dominance per usual, then all the #### talking ceases and said fans run away back to the shadows. For once, I want to hear a Division Rival fan talk #### about something actually relevant to the game of Football, but they cant.

You want to know about Rah Rah? Go back to 09, all I heard was how great the Vikes were and how dumb the Packer were for letting Favre go, Vikings fans took any chance they could to remind Packer fans of there 2 matchups, and how the Vikes were the GOAT and how they were going to win the SB, Ive never seen so many Purple jerseys in my life, ever, and I doubt I ever will. Then, come 2010, after the Pack completly OWNED Favre and the Vikes, and then went and win the SB, all the Purple jerseys have retreated back to their homes, singing woe is me and trying to villainize the big mean Packers. (Newflash, you guys teamed up with Favre for the sole purpose of sticking it to us, you guys played the bad guy big time.)

Its the constant jelousy and hateful nonsense that the Vikes/Bears fans spew that make Packer fans beat there chest over the teams accomplishments, we dont look for the shortcomings of your team, just so we can reiterate them over and over and over in an attempt to make us feel better about our team, because we dont have to. Thats one of the biggest differences between our fanbases. If your team won back to back Super bowls in the next few years, and some Lions fan was giving you a bunch of moronic #### saying that "The Vikings only won because of the refs, the Vikings have no class, Vikings fans are all inbred pig farmers.." you would turn around and say "Hey, were undeniably better then you, and it will probably stay that way forever, so what are you talking #### for?"

BTW, didnt come here to troll or gloat just saw the Smack forums and decided to put it to good use. :D :D


Sounds like to me, you have some issues with some other people--and you are on here trying to take it out on Vikings fans, just because they are Vikings fans. lol.

And, I know people are ridiculous. I also know many Vikings fans can be ridiculous. I've spent the last 5+ years discussing football with them. I assure you, no Packers fan can talk crap about the Vikings better than a whine-baby Vikings fan can. lol. That is a fact. With that being said, at least we don't have to hear the "Ooooh. We won the Super Bowl, and you didn't!" Blah.

As far as stupid arguments, THAT is a stupid argument. It's not stupid the year of, or the year after, but beyond that, it's time to let it go. Guess what? It's time to let it go. It's time to go year-by-year now with the trash-talking. Makes sense to me.



Lol, I assure you my people skills are very good actually, in fact, probably one of my strong suits.

I was just using those years as examples to make my point. Im all about the present, but at the same time, you cant ignore history either, (Especially when you consider what might be old to you, is not nessicarily the case for others, hell I know Chiefs fans that would still brag about there one SB win.) as long as you can back it up with at least semi recent history, and my team and fanbase can. :P And rightly or wrongly, franchise are judged upon what they accomplished over the long haul, within reason of course, your not going to see me talking #### about how awesome Johnny "Blood" Mcnally was in the 30s. :lol:

Im just saying, The evil empire #### gets old real quick, lol. Ive talked about it with Steelers fans, Patriots fans, etc etc. When your team is the most succesful in your division, people are going to hate, and hate with a passion.


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:22 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4011
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
Quote:
Im just saying, The evil empire #### gets old real quick, lol. Ive talked about it with Steelers fans, Patriots fans, etc etc. When your team is the most succesful in your division, people are going to hate, and hate with a passion.


That might be true, because I hate the Packers, Steelers, and Patriots. lol. Throw the Bears and Saints in there--and you have my top five most-hated teams.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Starter

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm
Posts: 164
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
MelanieMFunk wrote:
Quote:
Im just saying, The evil empire #### gets old real quick, lol. Ive talked about it with Steelers fans, Patriots fans, etc etc. When your team is the most succesful in your division, people are going to hate, and hate with a passion.


That might be true, because I hate the Packers, Steelers, and Patriots. lol. Throw the Bears and Saints in there--and you have my top five most-hated teams.


I wouldnt have a problem with the Patriots at all if they didnt have to cheat to win they're Lombardis, throw in the Tuck rule game for good measure. They seriously haven't ever won a SB without taping opposing teams signals lol.

Cant really hate the Steelers, there like the AFC Packers to me, have more Steeler fans buddies then any other team besides maybe the Packers, and on second thought I still have more Steeler friends. Lol

My brother is a Saints fan so I cant hate to much, I can understand why you hate them, but believe me, Favre would have choked the SB away anyways had you guys advanced.


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:57 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4011
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
Quote:
I wouldnt have a problem with the Patriots at all if they didnt have to cheat to win they're Lombardis, throw in the Tuck rule game for good measure. They seriously haven't ever won a SB without taping opposing teams signals lol.

Cant really hate the Steelers, there like the AFC Packers to me, have more Steeler fans buddies then any other team besides maybe the Packers, and on second thought I still have more Steeler friends. Lol

My brother is a Saints fan so I cant hate to much, I can understand why you hate them, but believe me, Favre would have choked the SB away anyways had you guys advanced.


Yep. Patriots just can't quite get it done without cheating. So sad. They get oh-so-close but just can't quite win it. Just a few signals short. lol.

Speaking of cheating--Saints. I don't even wanna discuss that game. As far as Favre choking, I'm not so sure. Not sure if he would have even been able to play. Sure. It's Favre. He would have played. Blah blah blah. Maybe--maybe not. They about killed him. If we had gone on, our injuries would have been a HUGE concern come Super Bowl time. That was our year--and the Saints, refs, and Football God cheated us, BUT--those injuries were killer. I don't want to be 0-5 in the Super Bowl. So, maybe--just maybe--it was okay we didn't go on. (Who am I kidding? I still cry about it. LOL jk) When we go again, I want to be 150% sure we are going to win it! lol. None of this 0-5 nonsense.

I just don't like the Steelers because I feel like they get a lot of favorable calls. Big Ben is annoying, too. He has character issues, too. But--we don't need to discuss that. :)

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
NextQuestion wrote:
Cool. Another solid troll who thinks he's an "owner" for the Packers.


Actually, I AM a Packers owner. Got the paper to prove it.

Bet you wish you could be a Vikings owner!

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:26 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
MelanieMFunk wrote:
Quote:
I wouldnt have a problem with the Patriots at all if they didnt have to cheat to win they're Lombardis, throw in the Tuck rule game for good measure. They seriously haven't ever won a SB without taping opposing teams signals lol.

Cant really hate the Steelers, there like the AFC Packers to me, have more Steeler fans buddies then any other team besides maybe the Packers, and on second thought I still have more Steeler friends. Lol

My brother is a Saints fan so I cant hate to much, I can understand why you hate them, but believe me, Favre would have choked the SB away anyways had you guys advanced.


Yep. Patriots just can't quite get it done without cheating. So sad. They get oh-so-close but just can't quite win it. Just a few signals short. lol.

Speaking of cheating--Saints. I don't even wanna discuss that game. As far as Favre choking, I'm not so sure. Not sure if he would have even been able to play. Sure. It's Favre. He would have played. Blah blah blah. Maybe--maybe not. They about killed him. If we had gone on, our injuries would have been a HUGE concern come Super Bowl time. That was our year--and the Saints, refs, and Football God cheated us, BUT--those injuries were killer. I don't want to be 0-5 in the Super Bowl. So, maybe--just maybe--it was okay we didn't go on. (Who am I kidding? I still cry about it. LOL jk) When we go again, I want to be 150% sure we are going to win it! lol. None of this 0-5 nonsense.

I just don't like the Steelers because I feel like they get a lot of favorable calls. Big Ben is annoying, too. He has character issues, too. But--we don't need to discuss that. :)



Face it! Farve LOST more NFC championships tha he won! Including with the Packers. He could have RUN for a first for the Saints game. H could have taken a sack and you still had a shot at a FG. But no, he decided to throw a dumb pass.

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:29 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4011
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
greenandgold wrote:
MelanieMFunk wrote:
Quote:
I wouldnt have a problem with the Patriots at all if they didnt have to cheat to win they're Lombardis, throw in the Tuck rule game for good measure. They seriously haven't ever won a SB without taping opposing teams signals lol.

Cant really hate the Steelers, there like the AFC Packers to me, have more Steeler fans buddies then any other team besides maybe the Packers, and on second thought I still have more Steeler friends. Lol

My brother is a Saints fan so I cant hate to much, I can understand why you hate them, but believe me, Favre would have choked the SB away anyways had you guys advanced.


Yep. Patriots just can't quite get it done without cheating. So sad. They get oh-so-close but just can't quite win it. Just a few signals short. lol.

Speaking of cheating--Saints. I don't even wanna discuss that game. As far as Favre choking, I'm not so sure. Not sure if he would have even been able to play. Sure. It's Favre. He would have played. Blah blah blah. Maybe--maybe not. They about killed him. If we had gone on, our injuries would have been a HUGE concern come Super Bowl time. That was our year--and the Saints, refs, and Football God cheated us, BUT--those injuries were killer. I don't want to be 0-5 in the Super Bowl. So, maybe--just maybe--it was okay we didn't go on. (Who am I kidding? I still cry about it. LOL jk) When we go again, I want to be 150% sure we are going to win it! lol. None of this 0-5 nonsense.

I just don't like the Steelers because I feel like they get a lot of favorable calls. Big Ben is annoying, too. He has character issues, too. But--we don't need to discuss that. :)



Face it! Farve LOST more NFC championships tha he won! Including with the Packers. He could have RUN for a first for the Saints game. H could have taken a sack and you still had a shot at a FG. But no, he decided to throw a dumb pass.


Who is "Farve"? Face it; it's not spelled how it sounds. Y'all should know that by now.

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
viking_guy wrote:
Aaronitout wrote:

Lol, you know what also never happened in the history of the NFL? The Vikings winning a Championship.



this is a false statement. The Vikings were the NFL Champions in 1969. True, they lost to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, but they were the NFL champs. The last champion of the NFL before the merger.

Suck on that Packer fans.



Suck on the fact we have THIRTEEN NFL championships to your ONE, and our Superbowl trophy case is NOT empty.
Image

You can't win here.

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:34 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:47 pm
Posts: 1250
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
greenandgold wrote:
Might have been a lot better division if Detroit didn't fold like a cheap deck of cards this year. oh well, on to San Fran.


The Packers 29 years without back to back winning seasons not cellar dwelling enough for you?

_________________
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945


Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:48 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm
Posts: 164
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
dkoby wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
Might have been a lot better division if Detroit didn't fold like a cheap deck of cards this year. oh well, on to San Fran.


The Packers 29 years without back to back winning seasons not cellar dwelling enough for you?


We accomplished as much in that 29 years as the Vikes have in there entire history.


Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:41 am
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: I May Not Sound Like It
dkoby wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
Might have been a lot better division if Detroit didn't fold like a cheap deck of cards this year. oh well, on to San Fran.


The Packers 29 years without back to back winning seasons not cellar dwelling enough for you?


Nope, doesn't bother me the least.
Still lead in Championships (Can't be gold every year!)
Still won FOUR Superbowls (A feat the Vikings have never achieved)
Still put YOUR team out of the playoffs just last year (You guys seem to forget that REAL fast!)

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:21 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.