Vikings Blow It

This is where threads go to die. If you want to talk Smack or get out of hand, this is where your post will end up. All Smack talk will be moved here with no shadow links left in the original forum!

Moderator: Moderators

greenandgold
Veteran

Re: Vikings Blow It

Post by greenandgold » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Cliff wrote: I want to start off with the fact that I am *not* saying this is what's happening, however, you asked what possible motive the refs have for promoting Green Bay.

That's simple; the refs work for the NFL, the NFL is a business that wants to make as much money as possible, and it takes fans to generate that money. The more fans you have watching a given game the more money it's worth.

Green Bay and Dallas are the NFL's most popular teams. In the post season, having more popular teams playing is desirable from a ratings/profit standpoint.

The refs can't help obviously bad teams win without throwing up red flags, but they can certainly give preference to one team over another in playoff games. Since teams there are generally evenly matched, one team can easily be nudged past another via calls.

Again, I'm not saying that happened in this instance (I didn't really watch the game nor did I see the play in question) ... but sure, the refs could very well have motive.
Well, at least you aren't like a Bears fan and DENY that the Packers are a popular team. But here's my riposte, for YEARS GB had been like one of the MOST heavily penalized teams. Only the Oakland Faders seem to get hit more. This year we cleaned up a lot on the penalties, but still had too many drives kept alive by a defensive penalty on a third and long against GB. So I think the whole premise is false.
0 x
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

purpledominance
Backup

Post by purpledominance » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:09 pm

greenandgold wrote:
Well, at least you aren't like a Bears fan and DENY that the Packers are a popular team.
Bears fans deny the Lombardi was named after Vince.

They think it was named after the pizza joint.
0 x

GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Greg wrote:"15 and one and done"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I enjoyed that as well :rofl:
0 x

Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:12 pm

wow,

Green and gold sure is an antagonistic #### isn't he?
0 x

greenandgold
Veteran

Post by greenandgold » Wed May 23, 2012 10:31 am

Well, you are in the smack section you know! :lol:
0 x
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

purpledominance
Backup

Post by purpledominance » Fri May 25, 2012 10:38 pm

Laserman wrote:wow,

Green and gold sure is an antagonistic #### isn't he?

Too bad he's not any better at smack.
0 x

greenandgold
Veteran

Post by greenandgold » Wed May 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Better than most of you.
0 x

purpledominance
Backup

Post by purpledominance » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:51 pm

greenandgold wrote:Better than most of you.
Really?

Show us.
0 x

greenandgold
Veteran

Post by greenandgold » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:29 pm

I already did. Imagine, thinking you're the king of smack by reminding a Packer fan they had a 15-1 season. :point:
0 x

purpledominance
Backup

Post by purpledominance » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 am

greenandgold wrote:I already did. Imagine, thinking you're the king of smack by reminding a Packer fan they had a 15-1 season. :point:
Actually, he called you 15 and one and done.

Yes, that is smack.

It's not a reminder that that you went 15-1, it's a reminder that you had potential, then choked when it counted.

[Mod Edit: It's the smack shack but lets keep the vulgar jokes out]
0 x

greenandgold
Veteran

Post by greenandgold » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:02 am

purpledominance wrote: Actually, he called you 15 and one and done.

Yes, that is smack.

It's not a reminder that that you went 15-1, it's a reminder that you had potential, then choked when it counted.

[Mod Edit: It's the smack shack but lets keep the vulgar jokes out]

You only think it's good smack because you really don't have anything better. I keep telling you reminding us we won 15 games is not much of a put down. I mean New England was undefeated all the way to the Superbowl before they lost it to the Giants. Just when was the last playoff win for the Vikings again? Was it not theose self same Giants that absolutely CRUSHED you guys that one good year you had a LONG time ago? They only beat my Packers. They did not whip them like the bad dogs the guys in Purple were that day.
0 x

glg
Site Admin

Post by glg » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:17 pm

greenandgold wrote:Just when was the last playoff win for the Vikings again? Was it not theose self same Giants that absolutely CRUSHED you guys that one good year you had a LONG time ago?
Um, no, it wasn't. We beat the Cowboys in 2010 (2009 season) prior to bounty-fest against the Saints.

Hell, that Giants game was so long ago, it was prior to the Vikings beating the Packers in 2004.
0 x

greenandgold
Veteran

Post by greenandgold » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:28 pm

glg wrote:
Well what can I say? I'm old enough to remember watching the "Ice Bowl".
0 x

purpledominance
Backup

Post by purpledominance » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:10 am

greenandgold wrote: Well what can I say? I'm old enough to remember watching the "Ice Bowl".
What you can say... is, that you were were completely wrong, were shown to be the fool, and can't get your facts straight to save your life.

If your going to base your point based on entirely fabricated information, the least you could do is wave your white napkin while wiping the egg off of your face.
0 x

greenandgold
Veteran

Post by greenandgold » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:00 pm

purpledominance wrote:
What you can say... is, that you were were completely wrong, were shown to be the fool, and can't get your facts straight to save your life.

If your going to base your point based on entirely fabricated information, the least you could do is wave your white napkin while wiping the egg off of your face.

Still trying to see where I was made the fool.

Not seeing it. What did I fabricate?
0 x