View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:56 am



Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Vikings Blow It 
Author Message
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Vikings Blow It
You win a game and lost the Suck For Luck race? Granted if Ponder is your man, you don't need another QB, but you could have traded that draft pick for quite a few more and gotten what you need.

You guys even suck at sucking!

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:47 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:44 pm
Posts: 10851
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
greenandgold wrote:
You win a game and lost the Suck For Luck race?


No. Indy would have still been #1, Vikes would have passed StL for #2


Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:24 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts: 2250
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
Cool packer troll. Paint fumes still good out there in GB?

_________________
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.


Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 am
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
greenandgold wrote:
You win a game and lost the Suck For Luck race? Granted if Ponder is your man, you don't need another QB, but you could have traded that draft pick for quite a few more and gotten what you need.

You guys even suck at sucking!


No. Indy would have still been #1, Vikes would have passed StL for #2

Looks like greenandgold sucks at understanding the NFL drafting rules. hahahhaha


Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:26 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
NextQuestion wrote:
Cool packer troll. Paint fumes still good out there in GB?


Don't ask me, I live in Alabama.

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
greenandgold wrote:
NextQuestion wrote:
Cool packer troll. Paint fumes still good out there in GB?


Don't ask me, I live in Alabama.


A packer fan that lives in alabama?

Can I use the back of your neck for a paint chip? I want to paint my bike candy apple red.


Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:57 am
Profile
Veteran

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 217
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
Where is mister greenangold :?:
The downword spiral begins today for the much hated fudgepackers :rock: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

_________________
I am a very proud father of a very brave marine!


Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:01 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:57 am
Posts: 2046
Location: Watertown, MN
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
"15 and one and done"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D


Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:59 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 6:03 am
Posts: 1257
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
purpledominance wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
NextQuestion wrote:
Cool packer troll. Paint fumes still good out there in GB?


Don't ask me, I live in Alabama.


A packer fan that lives in alabama?

Can I use the back of your neck for a paint chip? I want to paint my bike candy apple red.

Just another bandwagon fan, I'm sure that vehicle has been reduced by about half or more now by folks searching for the next SB winning team on a streak. Didn't get to see the entire dismantling today, will have to catch the glory on NFL Replay. Poor cheesepukes, the refs couldn't manufacture enough calls to help them out this time! :govikes:

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:51 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
Greg wrote:
"15 and one and done"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D



I would still take a 15 win year over a 3 win year any time.

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:05 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
Spiderbeavis wrote:
Poor cheesepukes, the refs couldn't manufacture enough calls to help them out this time! :govikes: [/color]


You sound like a disgruntled Bears fan there. They pull that old chestnut out every time the Packers win. What possible motive would the refs have for promoting Green Bay?

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:07 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7948
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
greenandgold wrote:
Spiderbeavis wrote:
Poor cheesepukes, the refs couldn't manufacture enough calls to help them out this time! :govikes: [/color]


You sound like a disgruntled Bears fan there. They pull that old chestnut out every time the Packers win. What possible motive would the refs have for promoting Green Bay?


I want to start off with the fact that I am *not* saying this is what's happening, however, you asked what possible motive the refs have for promoting Green Bay.

That's simple; the refs work for the NFL, the NFL is a business that wants to make as much money as possible, and it takes fans to generate that money. The more fans you have watching a given game the more money it's worth.

Green Bay and Dallas are the NFL's most popular teams. In the post season, having more popular teams playing is desirable from a ratings/profit standpoint.

The refs can't help obviously bad teams win without throwing up red flags, but they can certainly give preference to one team over another in playoff games. Since teams there are generally evenly matched, one team can easily be nudged past another via calls.

Again, I'm not saying that happened in this instance (I didn't really watch the game nor did I see the play in question) ... but sure, the refs could very well have motive.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:51 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
greenandgold wrote:
Greg wrote:
"15 and one and done"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D



I would still take a 15 win year over a 3 win year any time.


I would take a playoff victory over a 15 win season anytime.


Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:55 am
Posts: 8815
Location: Way Up North
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
purpledominance wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
Greg wrote:
"15 and one and done"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D



I would still take a 15 win year over a 3 win year any time.


I would take a playoff victory over a 15 win season anytime.



And the Vikings have got neither of those things in the last 2 seasons, the Packers have both AND a freaking SB. IMO, pretty tough for a Vikings fan to talk smack to a Packer fan, they are so much better than the Vikings its laughable, most how the team is run and coached, results pretty much back that up.


Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 am
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
purpledominance wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
Greg wrote:
"15 and one and done"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D



I would still take a 15 win year over a 3 win year any time.


I would take a playoff victory over a 15 win season anytime.


I'll give you that, but I still like a 15 win season.

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:21 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
Cliff wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
Spiderbeavis wrote:
Poor cheesepukes, the refs couldn't manufacture enough calls to help them out this time! :govikes: [/color]


You sound like a disgruntled Bears fan there. They pull that old chestnut out every time the Packers win. What possible motive would the refs have for promoting Green Bay?


I want to start off with the fact that I am *not* saying this is what's happening, however, you asked what possible motive the refs have for promoting Green Bay.

That's simple; the refs work for the NFL, the NFL is a business that wants to make as much money as possible, and it takes fans to generate that money. The more fans you have watching a given game the more money it's worth.

Green Bay and Dallas are the NFL's most popular teams. In the post season, having more popular teams playing is desirable from a ratings/profit standpoint.

The refs can't help obviously bad teams win without throwing up red flags, but they can certainly give preference to one team over another in playoff games. Since teams there are generally evenly matched, one team can easily be nudged past another via calls.

Again, I'm not saying that happened in this instance (I didn't really watch the game nor did I see the play in question) ... but sure, the refs could very well have motive.


Well, at least you aren't like a Bears fan and DENY that the Packers are a popular team. But here's my riposte, for YEARS GB had been like one of the MOST heavily penalized teams. Only the Oakland Faders seem to get hit more. This year we cleaned up a lot on the penalties, but still had too many drives kept alive by a defensive penalty on a third and long against GB. So I think the whole premise is false.

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:24 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
greenandgold wrote:

Well, at least you aren't like a Bears fan and DENY that the Packers are a popular team.


Bears fans deny the Lombardi was named after Vince.

They think it was named after the pizza joint.


Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:09 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:33 pm
Posts: 559
Location: Newark, Illinois
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
Greg wrote:
"15 and one and done"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D


I enjoyed that as well :rofl:


Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:18 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 7194
Location: Ft Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
wow,

Green and gold sure is an antagonistic #### isn't he?


Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:12 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
Well, you are in the smack section you know! :lol:

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Wed May 23, 2012 10:31 am
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
Laserman wrote:
wow,

Green and gold sure is an antagonistic #### isn't he?



Too bad he's not any better at smack.


Fri May 25, 2012 10:38 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
Better than most of you.

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Wed May 30, 2012 2:42 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
greenandgold wrote:
Better than most of you.


Really?

Show us.


Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:51 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
I already did. Imagine, thinking you're the king of smack by reminding a Packer fan they had a 15-1 season. :point:

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:29 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
greenandgold wrote:
I already did. Imagine, thinking you're the king of smack by reminding a Packer fan they had a 15-1 season. :point:


Actually, he called you 15 and one and done.

Yes, that is smack.

It's not a reminder that that you went 15-1, it's a reminder that you had potential, then choked when it counted.

[Mod Edit: It's the smack shack but lets keep the vulgar jokes out]


Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 am
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
purpledominance wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
I already did. Imagine, thinking you're the king of smack by reminding a Packer fan they had a 15-1 season. :point:


Actually, he called you 15 and one and done.

Yes, that is smack.

It's not a reminder that that you went 15-1, it's a reminder that you had potential, then choked when it counted.

[Mod Edit: It's the smack shack but lets keep the vulgar jokes out]



You only think it's good smack because you really don't have anything better. I keep telling you reminding us we won 15 games is not much of a put down. I mean New England was undefeated all the way to the Superbowl before they lost it to the Giants. Just when was the last playoff win for the Vikings again? Was it not theose self same Giants that absolutely CRUSHED you guys that one good year you had a LONG time ago? They only beat my Packers. They did not whip them like the bad dogs the guys in Purple were that day.

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:02 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:44 pm
Posts: 10851
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
greenandgold wrote:
Just when was the last playoff win for the Vikings again? Was it not theose self same Giants that absolutely CRUSHED you guys that one good year you had a LONG time ago?


Um, no, it wasn't. We beat the Cowboys in 2010 (2009 season) prior to bounty-fest against the Saints.

Hell, that Giants game was so long ago, it was prior to the Vikings beating the Packers in 2004.


Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:17 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
glg wrote:
greenandgold wrote:

Hell, that Giants game was so long ago, it was prior to the Vikings beating the Packers in 2004.


Well what can I say? I'm old enough to remember watching the "Ice Bowl".

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:28 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
greenandgold wrote:
glg wrote:
greenandgold wrote:

Hell, that Giants game was so long ago, it was prior to the Vikings beating the Packers in 2004.


Well what can I say? I'm old enough to remember watching the "Ice Bowl".


What you can say... is, that you were were completely wrong, were shown to be the fool, and can't get your facts straight to save your life.

If your going to base your point based on entirely fabricated information, the least you could do is wave your white napkin while wiping the egg off of your face.


Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:10 am
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am
Posts: 219
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Post Re: Vikings Blow It
purpledominance wrote:

What you can say... is, that you were were completely wrong, were shown to be the fool, and can't get your facts straight to save your life.

If your going to base your point based on entirely fabricated information, the least you could do is wave your white napkin while wiping the egg off of your face.



Still trying to see where I was made the fool.

Not seeing it. What did I fabricate?

_________________
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?


Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:00 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.