View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Vikings Blow It 
Veteran

Post Vikings Blow It
You win a game and lost the Suck For Luck race? Granted if Ponder is your man, you don't need another QB, but you could have traded that draft pick for quite a few more and gotten what you need.

You guys even suck at sucking!

Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:47 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Vikings Blow It
greenandgold wrote:
You win a game and lost the Suck For Luck race?

No. Indy would have still been #1, Vikes would have passed StL for #2

Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:24 pm
Career Elite Player

Cool packer troll. Paint fumes still good out there in GB?

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 am
Backup

greenandgold wrote:
You win a game and lost the Suck For Luck race? Granted if Ponder is your man, you don't need another QB, but you could have traded that draft pick for quite a few more and gotten what you need.

You guys even suck at sucking!

No. Indy would have still been #1, Vikes would have passed StL for #2

Looks like greenandgold sucks at understanding the NFL drafting rules. hahahhaha

Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:26 pm
Veteran

NextQuestion wrote:

Don't ask me, I live in Alabama.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Backup

greenandgold wrote:
NextQuestion wrote:

A packer fan that lives in alabama?

Can I use the back of your neck for a paint chip? I want to paint my bike candy apple red.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:57 am
Veteran

Where is mister greenangold :?:
The downword spiral begins today for the much hated fudgepackers :rock: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:01 pm
Career Elite Player

"15 and one and done"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:59 pm
All Pro Elite Player

purpledominance wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
NextQuestion wrote:

A packer fan that lives in alabama?

Can I use the back of your neck for a paint chip? I want to paint my bike candy apple red.

Just another bandwagon fan, I'm sure that vehicle has been reduced by about half or more now by folks searching for the next SB winning team on a streak. Didn't get to see the entire dismantling today, will have to catch the glory on NFL Replay. Poor cheesepukes, the refs couldn't manufacture enough calls to help them out this time! :govikes:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:51 pm
Veteran

Greg wrote:
"15 and one and done"

I would still take a 15 win year over a 3 win year any time.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:05 pm
Veteran

Spiderbeavis wrote:
Poor cheesepukes, the refs couldn't manufacture enough calls to help them out this time! :govikes: [/color]

You sound like a disgruntled Bears fan there. They pull that old chestnut out every time the Packers win. What possible motive would the refs have for promoting Green Bay?

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:07 pm
Site Admin

greenandgold wrote:
Spiderbeavis wrote:
Poor cheesepukes, the refs couldn't manufacture enough calls to help them out this time! :govikes: [/color]

You sound like a disgruntled Bears fan there. They pull that old chestnut out every time the Packers win. What possible motive would the refs have for promoting Green Bay?

I want to start off with the fact that I am *not* saying this is what's happening, however, you asked what possible motive the refs have for promoting Green Bay.

That's simple; the refs work for the NFL, the NFL is a business that wants to make as much money as possible, and it takes fans to generate that money. The more fans you have watching a given game the more money it's worth.

Green Bay and Dallas are the NFL's most popular teams. In the post season, having more popular teams playing is desirable from a ratings/profit standpoint.

The refs can't help obviously bad teams win without throwing up red flags, but they can certainly give preference to one team over another in playoff games. Since teams there are generally evenly matched, one team can easily be nudged past another via calls.

Again, I'm not saying that happened in this instance (I didn't really watch the game nor did I see the play in question) ... but sure, the refs could very well have motive.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:51 pm
Backup

greenandgold wrote:
Greg wrote:
"15 and one and done"

I would take a playoff victory over a 15 win season anytime.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 pm
Hall of Famer

purpledominance wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
Greg wrote:
"15 and one and done"

And the Vikings have got neither of those things in the last 2 seasons, the Packers have both AND a freaking SB. IMO, pretty tough for a Vikings fan to talk smack to a Packer fan, they are so much better than the Vikings its laughable, most how the team is run and coached, results pretty much back that up.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 am
Veteran

purpledominance wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
Greg wrote:
"15 and one and done"

I'll give you that, but I still like a 15 win season.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:21 pm
Veteran

Cliff wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
Spiderbeavis wrote:

I want to start off with the fact that I am *not* saying this is what's happening, however, you asked what possible motive the refs have for promoting Green Bay.

That's simple; the refs work for the NFL, the NFL is a business that wants to make as much money as possible, and it takes fans to generate that money. The more fans you have watching a given game the more money it's worth.

Green Bay and Dallas are the NFL's most popular teams. In the post season, having more popular teams playing is desirable from a ratings/profit standpoint.

The refs can't help obviously bad teams win without throwing up red flags, but they can certainly give preference to one team over another in playoff games. Since teams there are generally evenly matched, one team can easily be nudged past another via calls.

Again, I'm not saying that happened in this instance (I didn't really watch the game nor did I see the play in question) ... but sure, the refs could very well have motive.

Well, at least you aren't like a Bears fan and DENY that the Packers are a popular team. But here's my riposte, for YEARS GB had been like one of the MOST heavily penalized teams. Only the Oakland Faders seem to get hit more. This year we cleaned up a lot on the penalties, but still had too many drives kept alive by a defensive penalty on a third and long against GB. So I think the whole premise is false.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:24 pm
Backup

greenandgold wrote:

Well, at least you aren't like a Bears fan and DENY that the Packers are a popular team.

Bears fans deny the Lombardi was named after Vince.

They think it was named after the pizza joint.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:09 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Greg wrote:
"15 and one and done"

I enjoyed that as well :rofl:

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:18 pm
Hall of Famer

wow,

Green and gold sure is an antagonistic #### isn't he?

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:12 pm
Veteran

Well, you are in the smack section you know! :lol:

Wed May 23, 2012 10:31 am
Backup

Laserman wrote:
wow,

Green and gold sure is an antagonistic #### isn't he?

Too bad he's not any better at smack.

Fri May 25, 2012 10:38 pm
Veteran

Better than most of you.

Wed May 30, 2012 2:42 pm
Backup

greenandgold wrote:
Better than most of you.

Really?

Show us.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:51 pm
Veteran

I already did. Imagine, thinking you're the king of smack by reminding a Packer fan they had a 15-1 season. :point:

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:29 pm
Backup

greenandgold wrote:
I already did. Imagine, thinking you're the king of smack by reminding a Packer fan they had a 15-1 season. :point:

Actually, he called you 15 and one and done.

Yes, that is smack.

It's not a reminder that that you went 15-1, it's a reminder that you had potential, then choked when it counted.

[Mod Edit: It's the smack shack but lets keep the vulgar jokes out]

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 am
Veteran

purpledominance wrote:
greenandgold wrote:

Actually, he called you 15 and one and done.

Yes, that is smack.

It's not a reminder that that you went 15-1, it's a reminder that you had potential, then choked when it counted.

[Mod Edit: It's the smack shack but lets keep the vulgar jokes out]

You only think it's good smack because you really don't have anything better. I keep telling you reminding us we won 15 games is not much of a put down. I mean New England was undefeated all the way to the Superbowl before they lost it to the Giants. Just when was the last playoff win for the Vikings again? Was it not theose self same Giants that absolutely CRUSHED you guys that one good year you had a LONG time ago? They only beat my Packers. They did not whip them like the bad dogs the guys in Purple were that day.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:02 am
Site Admin

greenandgold wrote:
Just when was the last playoff win for the Vikings again? Was it not theose self same Giants that absolutely CRUSHED you guys that one good year you had a LONG time ago?

Um, no, it wasn't. We beat the Cowboys in 2010 (2009 season) prior to bounty-fest against the Saints.

Hell, that Giants game was so long ago, it was prior to the Vikings beating the Packers in 2004.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:17 pm
Veteran

glg wrote:
greenandgold wrote:

Hell, that Giants game was so long ago, it was prior to the Vikings beating the Packers in 2004.

Well what can I say? I'm old enough to remember watching the "Ice Bowl".

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:28 pm
Backup

greenandgold wrote:
glg wrote:
greenandgold wrote:

Well what can I say? I'm old enough to remember watching the "Ice Bowl".

What you can say... is, that you were were completely wrong, were shown to be the fool, and can't get your facts straight to save your life.

If your going to base your point based on entirely fabricated information, the least you could do is wave your white napkin while wiping the egg off of your face.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:10 am
Veteran

purpledominance wrote:

What you can say... is, that you were were completely wrong, were shown to be the fool, and can't get your facts straight to save your life.

If your going to base your point based on entirely fabricated information, the least you could do is wave your white napkin while wiping the egg off of your face.

Still trying to see where I was made the fool.

Not seeing it. What did I fabricate?

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next