Vikings Blow It

This is where threads go to die. If you want to talk Smack or get out of hand, this is where your post will end up. All Smack talk will be moved here with no shadow links left in the original forum!

Moderator: Moderators

greenandgold
Veteran

Vikings Blow It

Post by greenandgold » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:47 pm

You win a game and lost the Suck For Luck race? Granted if Ponder is your man, you don't need another QB, but you could have traded that draft pick for quite a few more and gotten what you need.

You guys even suck at sucking!
0 x
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

glg
Site Admin

Re: Vikings Blow It

Post by glg » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:24 pm

greenandgold wrote:You win a game and lost the Suck For Luck race?
No. Indy would have still been #1, Vikes would have passed StL for #2
0 x

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 am

Cool packer troll. Paint fumes still good out there in GB?
0 x
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.

purpledominance
Backup

Post by purpledominance » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:26 pm

greenandgold wrote:You win a game and lost the Suck For Luck race? Granted if Ponder is your man, you don't need another QB, but you could have traded that draft pick for quite a few more and gotten what you need.

You guys even suck at sucking!
No. Indy would have still been #1, Vikes would have passed StL for #2

Looks like greenandgold sucks at understanding the NFL drafting rules. hahahhaha
0 x

greenandgold
Veteran

Post by greenandgold » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 pm

NextQuestion wrote:Cool packer troll. Paint fumes still good out there in GB?
Don't ask me, I live in Alabama.
0 x
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

purpledominance
Backup

Post by purpledominance » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:57 am

greenandgold wrote: Don't ask me, I live in Alabama.
A packer fan that lives in alabama?

Can I use the back of your neck for a paint chip? I want to paint my bike candy apple red.
0 x

bpviking
Veteran

Post by bpviking » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Where is mister greenangold :?:
The downword spiral begins today for the much hated fudgepackers :rock: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
0 x
I am a very proud father of a very brave marine!

Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:59 pm

"15 and one and done"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
0 x

Spiderbeavis
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Spiderbeavis » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:51 pm

purpledominance wrote: A packer fan that lives in alabama?

Can I use the back of your neck for a paint chip? I want to paint my bike candy apple red.
Just another bandwagon fan, I'm sure that vehicle has been reduced by about half or more now by folks searching for the next SB winning team on a streak. Didn't get to see the entire dismantling today, will have to catch the glory on NFL Replay. Poor cheesepukes, the refs couldn't manufacture enough calls to help them out this time! :govikes:
0 x

greenandgold
Veteran

Post by greenandgold » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Greg wrote:"15 and one and done"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I would still take a 15 win year over a 3 win year any time.
0 x

greenandgold
Veteran

Post by greenandgold » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Spiderbeavis wrote:Poor cheesepukes, the refs couldn't manufacture enough calls to help them out this time! :govikes: [/color]
You sound like a disgruntled Bears fan there. They pull that old chestnut out every time the Packers win. What possible motive would the refs have for promoting Green Bay?
0 x

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:51 pm

greenandgold wrote: You sound like a disgruntled Bears fan there. They pull that old chestnut out every time the Packers win. What possible motive would the refs have for promoting Green Bay?
I want to start off with the fact that I am *not* saying this is what's happening, however, you asked what possible motive the refs have for promoting Green Bay.

That's simple; the refs work for the NFL, the NFL is a business that wants to make as much money as possible, and it takes fans to generate that money. The more fans you have watching a given game the more money it's worth.

Green Bay and Dallas are the NFL's most popular teams. In the post season, having more popular teams playing is desirable from a ratings/profit standpoint.

The refs can't help obviously bad teams win without throwing up red flags, but they can certainly give preference to one team over another in playoff games. Since teams there are generally evenly matched, one team can easily be nudged past another via calls.

Again, I'm not saying that happened in this instance (I didn't really watch the game nor did I see the play in question) ... but sure, the refs could very well have motive.
0 x
"Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson/Mike Zimmer Led Defenses

purpledominance
Backup

Post by purpledominance » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 pm

greenandgold wrote:
I would still take a 15 win year over a 3 win year any time.
I would take a playoff victory over a 15 win season anytime.
0 x

purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 am

purpledominance wrote: I would take a playoff victory over a 15 win season anytime.

And the Vikings have got neither of those things in the last 2 seasons, the Packers have both AND a freaking SB. IMO, pretty tough for a Vikings fan to talk smack to a Packer fan, they are so much better than the Vikings its laughable, most how the team is run and coached, results pretty much back that up.
0 x

greenandgold
Veteran

Post by greenandgold » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:21 pm

purpledominance wrote: I would take a playoff victory over a 15 win season anytime.
I'll give you that, but I still like a 15 win season.
0 x