Pick4 Week 11 - Schmoozing

Our annual Pick4 football contest held each year for bragging rights. All are welcome to play!

Moderator: Moderators

frosted
Career Elite Player

Pick4 Week 11 - Schmoozing

Post by frosted »

Discuss your week 11 picks here.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Re: Pick4 Week 11 - Schmoozing

Post by frosted »

For those of you wondering, I am going to take a stab at managing the Pick4 contest, since no one was able to do so this year. I know it's already week 11, but that leaves us with 7 weeks of regular season action, so we can still get a champion on the books for 2014. Here's a quick refresher as far as rules go (per glg's original rules):

General

The rules of the Pick4 contest are pretty simple. You are picking 4 games out of the 14-16 played each week, against the spread.

Threads

There will be three threads for each week. The "Picks Only" thread is for the lines posted by me and your picks. The "Schmoozing" thread (this thread) is for any commentary about the lines or picks. The "Results" thread will be posted after the week is completed with the scores.

Lines

Here is an example line:

Green Bay +3
MINNESOTA -3

This line indicates that Minnesota is at home (CAPS) and that Minnesota is favored by 3 points (-3). So, a pick for Minnesota is a pick that Minnesota will win by more than 3 points. A pick for Green Bay is a pick that Green Bay will either win or lose by less than 3 points. If Minnesota wins by exactly 3 points, the game is a push.

Posting your picks

Choose your games, then add your entry to the "Picks Only" thread. Your picks should be formatted like this:

MINNESOTA -3
NY Jets +2
Houston +8
SEATTLE -5

Once you have posted your picks, you may not change them. Posts that are edited will not be scored.

Deadline

Near the beginning of each week, I will post the lines for each game. Prior to 12PM CST on Sunday, you post your picks for the 4 games you choose. If you want to pick the Thursday night game, you must submit ALL your picks prior to the start the Thursday night game. If you are not picking the Thursday night game, the deadline remains Sunday at 12PM CST.

Scoring

You receive 2 points for each correct pick and 1 point for each push. A perfect week is 8 points. I will total scores and post them at the end of each week, along with the season total. The top scorer at the end of the regular season is crowned Champion.

Entries

All are welcome to play. If you miss a week, you don't score anything that week. Pretty straight forward.
beardedterror
All Pro Elite Player

Post by beardedterror »

Thanks for getting this up and running again! Pick4 was always something fun for me to look forward to after the Vikings' season had gone down the crapper. I'd like to join, but I'm going to be training in the wilderness with no contact to the outside world for the next month.

Good luck everyone!
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Reignman wrote:CHICAGO -3.5
CAROLINA +1
Cincinnati +7.5
GREEN BAY -6
3-1 baby :rock: stupid Panthers.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh