Converting Pick 4 to Pick Em' Type League

Our annual Pick4 football contest held each year for bragging rights. All are welcome to play!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Converting Pick 4 to Pick Em' Type League

Post by Cliff »

Looking at what's involved in getting the Pick 4 contest together I have to give even more praise to Turtle Burger. The guy (I'm assuming! Sorry if that's wrong) was finding and publishing the spreads, tallying up user picks manually, assigning points, doing the leader board. Quite frankly, it's a daunting task to be committed to for an entire NFL season and I don't think we're going to be able to replace that level of dedication to it.

If you happen to read this, TB. Thanks again for running it over the years.

Moving forward, I was thinking we could start a "Weekly Pick'em" league on NFL.com. It's free and I've created a private group for the message board.

Does anybody have any input on it? If you think you have a better idea I'd like to hear it, please.

Here is the link;
http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/gro ... b40c1c11f3

Password: vmbpassword
Turtle Burger
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Converting Pick 4 to Pick Em' Type League

Post by Turtle Burger »

Cliff wrote:Looking at what's involved in getting the Pick 4 contest together I have to give even more praise to Turtle Burger. The guy (I'm assuming! Sorry if that's wrong) was finding and publishing the spreads, tallying up user picks manually, assigning points, doing the leader board. Quite frankly, it's a daunting task to be committed to for an entire NFL season and I don't think we're going to be able to replace that level of dedication to it.

If you happen to read this, TB. Thanks again for running it over the years.

Moving forward, I was thinking we could start a "Weekly Pick'em" league on NFL.com. It's free and I've created a private group for the message board.

Does anybody have any input on it? If you think you have a better idea I'd like to hear it, please.

Here is the link;
http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/gro ... b40c1c11f3

Password: vmbpassword
No problem, it was fun! :) My wife just had our 7th child so I'm a little bit strapped for time, hopefully next year I'll be able to jump back in.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Wow! That's amazing, Turtle Burger. Congrats!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Turtle Burger wrote: No problem, it was fun! :) My wife just had our 7th child so I'm a little bit strapped for time, hopefully next year I'll be able to jump back in.
Congratulaions!

I'm surprised you have time to do much of anything! :D