Pick4 Week 2 -- Schmoozing

Our annual Pick4 football contest held each year for bragging rights. All are welcome to play!

Moderator: Moderators

Turtle Burger
All Pro Elite Player

Pick4 Week 2 -- Schmoozing

Post by Turtle Burger »

The Patriots have the biggest spread yet this year over the undefeated Cardinals. Vikings are favorites for the second time this year, this time on the road. Good luck!
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Re: Pick4 Week 2 -- Schmoozing

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I'm a sick puppy. I got Vikings AGAIN.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

Turtle Burger wrote:The Patriots have the biggest spread yet this year over the undefeated Cardinals.
And lost outright. Go figure. I guess that's why they play the games.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

CRAP... How did I forget to make picks??? :( :cry:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Turtle Burger
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Turtle Burger »

Valhalla wrote: Okay, first off, let me say, I have NO right to say how the rules are made and this game is run and I thank Turtle Burger and anyone else for their work here.

2ndly, I have read the rules for Pick 4: http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopi ... =10&t=3206

3rdly, http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopi ... 10&t=24801, see Barry's post, he came in late and I have seen a number of times where people missed some games and so pick the remaining ones as he did.

All I'm saying is maybe you could ask to be given 0-4 for last weekend's games. Like I said, not for me to say but some other games around the net I have seen allow a person to miss a week or two. It's just that you give up a lot of points. At the same time, next weekend's games will only be the 3rd week and I only got 1-3 the first week, almost a total miss, only one better this time. We would think a lot of our picks would get better as the year goes on as we know more about the teams.

But like I said, I don't make the rules so I just want to make it clear, I don't want to step in to the "rules" area. Just schmoozing! That's what this thread is for after all.
I think that rule is just there to keep the scoring sheet from getting cluttered with people who start the season and drop out. As long as you are still interested in playing we don't drop people for missing a single week. My policy is I drop you from the results list if you miss two weeks in a row, but even then I don't mind putting you back in.