Pick4 Playoffs Conference -- Schmoozing

Our annual Pick4 football contest held each year for bragging rights. All are welcome to play!

Moderator: Moderators

Turtle Burger
All Pro Elite Player

Pick4 Playoffs Conference -- Schmoozing

Post by Turtle Burger »

Another champion will be crowned after this week. Can anyone catch PurpleMustReign?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Pick4 Playoffs Conference -- Schmoozing

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Turtle Burger wrote:Can anyone catch PurpleMustReign?
I still never forget the time when I had a 7 point lead in the final week of the regular season a few years back, and I went 0-4 and the 2nd place person went 4-0.
If it happens again like that, I will start the conspiracy theories.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Turtle Burger
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Turtle Burger »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I still never forget the time when I had a 7 point lead in the final week of the regular season a few years back, and I went 0-4 and the 2nd place person went 4-0.
If it happens again like that, I will start the conspiracy theories.
Hehe sometimes you shouldn't post your picks until the last possible minute.
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

Turtle Burger wrote: Hehe sometimes you shouldn't post your picks until the last possible minute.
So can we change picks up until Sunday? I just noticed I am standing 4 pts behind PurpleMustReign, but we only have one pick different. Even if I get 8 points (doubtful-- I was basically flipping a coin to come up whith the ones I did-- I have no strong feelings) that will mean he gets 6 and I'm still #2. I'd like to give myself at least an outside chance of winning it all.
Craig S
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

sigh-- just checked the rules
Once you have posted your picks, you may not change them. The official scorer will disallow any posts that have been edited.
Seems as long as the date of the last edit is prior to start of games it should be allowed though :-(.

Live and learn-- pick late if you're in the running but a bit behind.
Craig S
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

Just perused the picks and it looks like the only candidates for winning are Turtle Burger, Imac (tie with PurpleMustReign) and PurpleMustReign. Lars-- pick wisely if you want a chance at winning-- you're still in the running, but you have two options-- make the same picks as Turtle Burger and tie him if you're 100% right, or pick 3/4 different from PurpleMustReign and hope you're 100% right in order to tie him.

Purple-- when you posted you could have gone:
Indi
under
Minnesota
Over

with those picks, the best these folks could have gained on you is:
Need 4 to tie you:
cstelter +2

Need 6 to tie you
glg +2
TurtleBurger +4
Imac +2
Barry +4
Nose Bleeds +2
Lars ??

Need 8 to tie you
novellahub +4
Greg +8
wavesport303 +2
Darkwing +2

Worst case is a tie with Greg if he gets all his picks right. I didn't think about it too long-- perhaps there would be 4 picks you could have made to assure yourself #1 regardless. But you would have had to outwait lars to be 100%.

So no picks in the SB for this game?
Craig S
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

cstelter wrote:So no picks in the SB for this game?
Nope, SB stands alone as its own game.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

cstelter wrote:[So can we change picks up until Sunday? I just noticed I am standing 4 pts behind PurpleMustReign, but we only have one pick different. Even if I get 8 points (doubtful-- I was basically flipping a coin to come up whith the ones I did-- I have no strong feelings) that will mean he gets 6 and I'm still #2. I'd like to give myself at least an outside chance of winning it all.

I should have waited until Sunday Morning to pick :P
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Turtle Burger
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Turtle Burger »

cstelter wrote:sigh-- just checked the rules
Seems as long as the date of the last edit is prior to start of games it should be allowed though :-(.

Live and learn-- pick late if you're in the running but a bit behind.
Your picks are locked in as soon as you post them. Otherwise you could change yours and then PMR could change his to counter your changes and eventually it would defeat the whole spirit of the game. If you want to pick strategically don't post until Sunday. :)
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

Turtle Burger wrote:Your picks are locked in as soon as you post them. Otherwise you could change yours and then PMR could change his to counter your changes and eventually it would defeat the whole spirit of the game. If you want to pick strategically don't post until Sunday. :)
Yeah, I've played the Pick 4 3-4 times I think, but that final week doesn't open itself up to this type of strategy unless all the folks close to each other just happen to pick the same 4 games. This playoff game is a bit unique in that regard. Oh well, live and learn.
Craig S
Lars
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Lars »

I figure after the lousy picks I made last week, I don't have any business winning.... Whatever will be will be.

I do enjoy this game though.