Vikings trade for Guard Mason Cole

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingTom
Starter

Re: Vikings trade for Guard Mason Cole

Post by VikingTom »

S197 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:48 pm
Out of 123 guards/centers who played the majority of their team's snaps last year, Dakota Dozier had the worst pass blocking grade, Garrett Bradbury had the second-worst pass blocking grade and Mason Cole had the 7th-worst pass blocking grade
https://twitter.com/NickOlsonNFL/status ... 58337?s=20

I was convinced the Vikings would sign an OL. However this was about the last one I expected. There were a couple out there that had possibilities, granted they were coming off of injuries last year. However, even a one legged lineman would beat Dozier. SMH
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

You guys have any interest in dealing 14 and next years first to Cincy to draft Sewell?

I’m not sure how good we will be this year so I’d be reluctant but he’s exactly what they need
VikingTom
Starter

Post by VikingTom »

Pep2Moss wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:28 am You guys have any interest in dealing 14 and next years first to Cincy to draft Sewell?

I’m not sure how good we will be this year so I’d be reluctant but he’s exactly what they need
While I feel strongly the Vikings need to address the O line, I do not see this happening. If anything I could see Spielman trying to move down far enough to add a 2nd round pick. I believe Zimmer is lobbying heavily for one of the two top edge rushers in the draft. If they can get their edge rusher and a 2nd round pick then I think we will be in decent shape. That 2nd round pick could still bring in a starting level guard.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pep2Moss wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:28 am You guys have any interest in dealing 14 and next years first to Cincy to draft Sewell?

I would. He'd be BPA at a position of need, and our first next year SHOULD be pretty far down the list.

Hard to see Spielman and Zimmer doing it though. They almost never trade up within the first. Also, if the Bengals don't draft Sewell to protect Joe Burrow, then they're even stupider than I thought (which is pretty stupid).
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:26 pm

I would. He'd be BPA at a position of need, and our first next year SHOULD be pretty far down the list.

Hard to see Spielman and Zimmer doing it though. They almost never trade up within the first. Also, if the Bengals don't draft Sewell to protect Joe Burrow, then they're even stupider than I thought (which is pretty stupid).
I don't know, my first thought is that I think I'd rather take Vera Tucker (assuming he's available) and keep the 2022 1st rounder......however, they are going "all in" this year, and next year will likely be a "blow it up" year with so many 1 year deals and then Cousins hitting $45M. So what the hell, go for it!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:25 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:26 pm

I don't know, my first thought is that I think I'd rather take Vera Tucker (assuming he's available) and keep the 2022 1st rounder......however, they are going "all in" this year, and next year will likely be a "blow it up" year with so many 1 year deals and then Cousins hitting $45M. So what the hell, go for it!
There's no reason not to go for it. Our GM and HC want to win. They are making the moves they feel are right. We all have opinions on the moves. I'm sure plenty of 49er fans are pissed with the trade they just made. Others are very happy and are excited. If I'm a Panther fan I would be like that's what we needed to do. We have zero at QB. I feel that should be our move. There are many fans for other teams that wanted that move. Even the Steelers needed to do that. Their guy is aging rapidly and they have nothing in the hole. We have nothing in the hole and will extend Cousins.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

CharVike wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:33 pm
VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:25 pm

There's no reason not to go for it. Our GM and HC want to win. They are making the moves they feel are right. We all have opinions on the moves. I'm sure plenty of 49er fans are pissed with the trade they just made. Others are very happy and are excited. If I'm a Panther fan I would be like that's what we needed to do. We have zero at QB. I feel that should be our move. There are many fans for other teams that wanted that move. Even the Steelers needed to do that. Their guy is aging rapidly and they have nothing in the hole. We have nothing in the hole and will extend Cousins.
The Panthers just made their move. That should get the fan base excited. Who would pay for a ticket to watch that garbage.
MikethePurple
Veteran

Post by MikethePurple »

Well Forrest Lamp signed with the Bills so I have no idea what their plans are for their O-line. Looks like scrapheap (even more than Lamp) free agents after the draft and praying they get someone who can start Day 1 in the draft. O-line hasn't been an issue for years (especially interior), so why try anything different. This franchise is starting to feel like Groundhog's Day......