Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Rhodes Closed
Franchise Player
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:21 am
Location: Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
x 124

Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by Rhodes Closed » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:38 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter ... 4715669504

Well, there goes Harris. Looks like Patrick Peterson is now more likely to move to safety.
0 x

User avatar
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
x 240

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by Maelstrom88 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:49 pm

I haven't heard anything on Neal in awhile. I'm glad they didn't break the bank for Harris a year ago but I still would have liked to have seen him back.
0 x
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 442

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by RandyMoss84 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:56 pm

Maelstrom88 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:49 pm
I haven't heard anything on Neal in awhile. I'm glad they didn't break the bank for Harris a year ago but I still would have liked to have seen him back.
I just saw that Neal is deciding on Jets or Cowboys so he is not coming to Vikings thankfully and not me, Harris sucked last year so I do not want Harris back
0 x

User avatar
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
x 240

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by Maelstrom88 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:12 pm

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:56 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:49 pm
I haven't heard anything on Neal in awhile. I'm glad they didn't break the bank for Harris a year ago but I still would have liked to have seen him back.
I just saw that Neal is deciding on Jets or Cowboys so he is not coming to Vikings thankfully and not me, Harris sucked last year so I do not want Harris back
Didn't know that about Neal thanks for the info. Yeah I guess I was hoping he'd cone back cheap and have a bounce back year. I wonder who will be the FS next year now?
0 x
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 442

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by RandyMoss84 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:49 pm

Maelstrom88 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:12 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:56 pm


I just saw that Neal is deciding on Jets or Cowboys so he is not coming to Vikings thankfully and not me, Harris sucked last year so I do not want Harris back
Didn't know that about Neal thanks for the info. Yeah I guess I was hoping he'd cone back cheap and have a bounce back year. I wonder who will be the FS next year now?
Peterson or Vikings will draft a safety
1 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 12568
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii
x 578

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by S197 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:32 pm

Wow $5 mil. His market value took a big time hit.
1 x

FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 2:52 am
x 15

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by FullWood » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:44 pm

Only $5million he got? We couldn't get him back for that price?
1 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 12568
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii
x 578

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by S197 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:22 pm

Rumor is he didn't want to come back. You can't blame him. We tagged him, saddled him with a bunch of rookies, and now he's getting a cheap 1-year deal instead of a lucrative long-term deal he would have got last year.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 442

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by RandyMoss84 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:37 pm

S197 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:22 pm
Rumor is he didn't want to come back. You can't blame him. We tagged him, saddled him with a bunch of rookies, and now he's getting a cheap 1-year deal instead of a lucrative long-term deal he would have got last year.
Yeah, I do not blame him for not wanting to come back, I wish him the best with the Eagles
0 x

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1443
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 254

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by CharVike » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:11 pm

Sendejo... isn't he Zim's buddy also. There are a #### load of guys out there. I don't think they wanted Harris. He had a good year was franchised a then was pitiful. Maybe the kid below will get a shot. Nice size.

Myles Dorn
SAFETY
#46
Experience: R

Height: 6-2

Age: 22

Weight: 205 lbs

College: North Carolina
0 x

User avatar
Rhodes Closed
Franchise Player
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:21 am
Location: Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
x 124

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by Rhodes Closed » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:39 pm

Harrison Smith has been humorously campaigning for Jamarca Sanford to come out of retirement. What a player he was back in the day.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 442

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by RandyMoss84 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:41 am

Rhodes Closed wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:39 pm
Harrison Smith has been humorously campaigning for Jamarca Sanford to come out of retirement. What a player he was back in the day.
I hope Jamarca stays retired for his health and let him enjoy retirement
0 x

VikingTom
Practice Squad
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:50 am
x 7

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by VikingTom » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:25 am

Rhodes Closed wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:38 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter ... 4715669504

Well, there goes Harris. Looks like Patrick Peterson is now more likely to move to safety.
Peterson to safety is a thought, though I do not think that is the plan for now. Still many questions at CB and slot. Is Hughes finally 100%? Vikings have young talent at both CB positions, did they benefit from last years on field lessons? Adding Peterson gives the Vikings options and finally good depth. Kind of a wait and see on who plays where. Certainly Peterson was not signed to sit on the bench.

Was too bad Vikings were unable to find a deal for Harris last year. I wonder if they were asking too much? Regardless, sorry to see him go, wish him the best.
0 x

User avatar
Rhodes Closed
Franchise Player
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:21 am
Location: Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
x 124

Re: Anthony Harris Signs With Eagles

Post by Rhodes Closed » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:47 am

:wallbang:
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:41 am
Rhodes Closed wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:39 pm
Harrison Smith has been humorously campaigning for Jamarca Sanford to come out of retirement. What a player he was back in the day.
I hope Jamarca stays retired for his health and let him enjoy retirement
I'm pretty sure it's all tongue-in-cheek because Jamarca said he'd play for free and that he's a Viking for life. :lol:
1 x