The contract

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raz
Starter

The contract

Post by Raz » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:14 pm

Kirk cousins contract becomes fully guaranteed on Saturday what if anything is going to happen?

I have a hard time believing slick Rick is going to pay him 45 million in 2022.

IMHO he signs another extension to lower his cap it to say 32-4 million a year freeing up a little bit of room and will be in purple for 4 more years most likely retiring a viking
Flame away
0 x

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player

Re: The contract

Post by CharVike » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:35 am

I think they will do what you just posted. There's nothing in the hole and I don't see us ever getting the worst record so that we can draft the top QB. Last year had the look of winning one game and then drafting the kid from Clemson. Then we starting winning some games that provided nothing but a worse draft slot and absolutely no shot at getting the top QB. I've said it before but Cousin's is the best since Fran. Be nice to get a guy that's better than Rodgers but I don't see that happening. We might get him for a couple seasons when he's finished just like Farve. Then the Pack will plug Love in and have another 20 years of HOF QB play. That will give them 60 years of HOF QB play in a row. All that's already setup. History will repeat itself again.
0 x

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:07 am

It's possible they extend him to convert some of that $35 million in salary to more bonus.

But I believe they wait until next offseason. At least I hope they will. If they extend him now and his play craters, they could darn near ruin the franchise.

Biting the $45 million bullet for one year is better than sucking on the megadeal he's likely to get for four.
0 x
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

StumpHunter
Career Elite Player

Post by StumpHunter » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:30 am

Raz wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:14 pm
Kirk cousins contract becomes fully guaranteed on Saturday what if anything is going to happen?

I have a hard time believing slick Rick is going to pay him 45 million in 2022.

IMHO he signs another extension to lower his cap it to say 32-4 million a year freeing up a little bit of room and will be in purple for 4 more years most likely retiring a viking
Flame away
Ziggy's statements about making the playoff over risking bad seasons for greatness recently sure do point to more mediocrity in our future. However, your number is impractical. He will want as much as Dak, which means 40 million per year, fully guaranteed.

I expect an extension next season for 2 more years, 80 million unless Cousins plays so poorly he gets benched, since that appears to be the measure of success needed.
0 x