Interior offensive line free agents.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Interior offensive line free agents.

Post by Husker Vike »

Now that both Zeitler and Thuney have both been signed by new teams, I wonder what the Vikings plan is now? Do we wait for the draft or are there any decent options left in free agency, anyone left that we could pursue?
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Interior offensive line free agents.

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Wait for the draft, Vikings do not have cap space to sign anyone
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Trade or Dozier :puke:

On a side note: Trade a second for Yannick, get a 3rd back, then watch him make bank in the off-season and you sold him at a loss.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:17 pm Wait for the draft, Vikings do not have cap space to sign anyone
....they do.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Husker Vike wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:06 pm Now that both Zeitler and Thuney have both been signed by new teams, I wonder what the Vikings plan is now? Do we wait for the draft or are there any decent options left in free agency, anyone left that we could pursue?
Idc how good Thuney is, I’m not paying Thuney $16 mill a year on average unless I know I’m getting Steve Hutchinson and Thuney isn’t that good. So idc as much about that. What really ticks me off is them passing on Feiler. He signed with the chargers for $7 mill a year. That’s exactly why I mocked him to us and exactly why I’d take him over Thuney.

No less we’ve now passed on Lawson and Hendrickson.

They are going to have plenty of space here soon. In talks with Harrison and Thielen both. But my question is, why the hell wasn’t this done weeks ago? Why wait until the first damn day of free agency, have no idea what your final cap number will be and miss out on these players you were “targeting”. If they extend Thielen and Harrison and cut Stephen they will be close to $30 million.

I could’ve guaranteed they’d make at least one splash and nearly every guy they wanted is now gone. S- will parks and CB Shaquill griffin are still out there. But an absolute whiff by this front office. Usually I’m patient and like waiting until that first wave of free agents goes simply because many get overpaid. And that’s exactly what happened with Thuney. But the fact that you passed on Feiler boggles my mind. Pass on the overpays sure. But stick your damn nose in these better deals instead of peaking into the group wondering what everyone is doing.

Disgusted
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Feiler looks like a complete bargain now, agree that Zeitler and Thuney were too high priced for our budget, but I am disappointed in our front office for not having more space cleared before today. Now our backs are against the wall and to top it off, we may be dealing with a disgruntled star defensive end!
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:39 pm
Husker Vike wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:06 pm Now that both Zeitler and Thuney have both been signed by new teams, I wonder what the Vikings plan is now? Do we wait for the draft or are there any decent options left in free agency, anyone left that we could pursue?
Idc how good Thuney is, I’m not paying Thuney $16 mill a year on average unless I know I’m getting Steve Hutchinson and Thuney isn’t that good. So idc as much about that. What really ticks me off is them passing on Feiler. He signed with the chargers for $7 mill a year. That’s exactly why I mocked him to us and exactly why I’d take him over Thuney.

They are going to have plenty of space here soon. In talks with Harrison and Thielen both. But my question is, why the hell wasn’t this done weeks ago? Why wait until the first damn day of free agency, have no idea what your final cap number will be and miss out on these players you were “targeting”. If they extend Thielen and Harrison and cut Stephen they will be close to $30 million.

I could’ve guaranteed they’d make at least one splash and nearly every guy they wanted is now gone. S- will parks and CB Shaquill griffin are still out there. But an absolute whiff by this front office. Usually I’m patient and like waiting until that first wave of free agents goes simply because many get overpaid. And that’s exactly what happened with Thuney. But the fact that you passed on Feiler boggles my mind. Pass on the overpays sure. But stick your damn nose in these better deals instead of peaking into the group wondering what everyone is doing.

Disgusted
This organization is a ####. I have said it before and you denied it. We are always doing crap like this. Last min and after the players who could make a difference are gone. I didn't want Thuney but I wanted Zeitler.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:11 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:39 pm

Disgusted
This organization is a ####. I have said it before and you denied it. We are always doing crap like this. Last min and after the players who could make a difference are gone. I didn't want Thuney but I wanted Zeitler.
Yeah because overall I don’t necessarily believe that. I’m simply ticked off with this current situation. Even though we did just sign Tomlinson which now gives us an excellent interior
-Chazz Palminteri
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:30 pm Trade or Dozier :puke:

On a side note: Trade a second for Yannick, get a 3rd back, then watch him make bank in the off-season and you sold him at a loss.
Didn't understand trading him in the first place.
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:21 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:11 pm

Yeah because overall I don’t necessarily believe that. I’m simply ticked off with this current situation. Even though we did just sign Tomlinson which now gives us an excellent interior
For the money we gave Dalvin (DT) we could have gotten Short or Ford. Would have rather roll the dice with them. I don't like Dalvin's balance and speed off the ball. He gets washed down a lot on OL handoffs. Love that he is healthy who has played 16 games on a regular. Will we be running him and Pierce at the same time? He and peirce seem to play the same NT position.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Angels Wings wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:37 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:30 pm Trade or Dozier :puke:

Rumors was that he was freelancing.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

YikesVikes wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:48 pm
Angels Wings wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:37 pm

I could see that being a deal breaker for Zimmer.
mael·strom

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:50 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:48 pm

Yeah better to not get sacks and just give up yards until they score
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

YikesVikes wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:53 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:50 pm

Yeah better to not get sacks and just give up yards until they score
He's old school and a stickler. I think they shpuld have at least got back a second if they were going to cut bait. Hold him hostage until then lol.
mael·strom

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Trading Yannick was the worst trade since trading for McNabb