So what happens with Rudolph?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player

Re: So what happens with Rudolph?

Post by CharVike » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:42 am

He got big money. I'd rather have Speilman than this GM. Rudy was only on the roster last year because the Wilf's wanted it. The good thing for him is that division is wide open. Any team could win it. The Cowboys should because they have the best QB and they gave him a team friendly contract for his bloated stats. The media paints him out as a winner with a 1-2 playoff record. Some winner. He will be a division winner this year which is a great accomplishment for a QB.

It seems like a massive overpay. As mentioned, Rudolph hasn’t been a Pro Bowl-caliber player since 2017. Pro Football Focus had him graded 35th of 67 tight ends with at least 15 targets in 2020. Engram was ranked 55th.

Rudolph isn’t particularly fast, which goes against the idea that the Giants are trying to get faster and more explosive on offense.

One thing that likely appealed Rudolph to the Giants is his ability as a pass-blocker. PFF had him graded as the 12th-best blocker among tight ends with at least 15 targets.

I didn't give a CAP amount because that has probably already changed I'm sure. He had a good career and good luck to him.
0 x

S197
Fenrir

Re: So what happens with Rudolph?

Post by S197 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:37 am

0 x