Russel Wilson Possibly Wants Out

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Russel Wilson Possibly Wants Out

Post by RandyMoss84 »

S197 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:47 pm This would be disastrous. We can’t beat the Bears with Trubisky at the helm. GB is always a contender. A trade like this could very easily make us playing for 3rd place in the North year after year. The only positive being that might finally be enough for Zygi to realize Rick and Mike need to go.
I really doubt it, they both should have been fired 2 years ago after missing the playoffs every other year for 5 years
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

S197 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:47 pm This would be disastrous. We can’t beat the Bears with Trubisky at the helm. GB is always a contender. A trade like this could very easily make us playing for 3rd place in the North year after year. The only positive being that might finally be enough for Zygi to realize Rick and Mike need to go.
You may get your wish even without this trade. If we miss the wild card again this year I think the Wilfs will make a change. If they don't Rick is untouchable and is basically here until he steps down. Unless fans stop showing up. Then he's out quickly.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Bears went from selling their future for Russel Wilson to possibly signing ANDY DALTON. :point:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:56 pm :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Bears went from selling their future for Russel Wilson to possibly signing ANDY DALTON. :point:
What's wrong with Dalton? Certainly better than having nothing like they have now. I don't see to much interest right now in Wilson. That could be because the Hawks don't want to trade him. If they deal him they are SOL and probably miss the playoffs. Plus he's a fan favorite.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

CharVike wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:40 am
Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:56 pm :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What's wrong with Dalton? Certainly better than having nothing like they have now. I don't see to much interest right now in Wilson. That could be because the Hawks don't want to trade him. If they deal him they are SOL and probably miss the playoffs. Plus he's a fan favorite.
Because for the fanbase it was all this pomp and circumstance to attempt to get the guy and all they settle for is Andy #### Dalton, whom they just signed for $10 Million dollars.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 3886415873
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:37 pm
CharVike wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:40 am
Because for the fanbase it was all this pomp and circumstance to attempt to get the guy and all they settle for is Andy #### Dalton, whom they just signed for $10 Million dollars.

The question for the Bears is, is Dalton going to improve the play at the QB position? Because if he is, and they get that improvement for the modest cap hit of $10 million dollars, they got a good deal.

Also, don't discount Dalton. He might not be flashy, but if the team around him is good enough, they can win with him.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

VikingLord wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:40 pm
Rhodes Closed wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:37 pm

The question for the Bears is, is Dalton going to improve the play at the QB position? Because if he is, and they get that improvement for the modest cap hit of $10 million dollars, they got a good deal.

Also, don't discount Dalton. He might not be flashy, but if the team around him is good enough, they can win with him.
The current QB carousel there is Dalton and Foles.

Sure, Foles is a serviceable game manager, but the offense for Chicago is uh... not good?
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I am really glad they got Dalton, he is less of a threat than Russel is
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pace might be the worst GM in football.

How do you manage to find 2 qbs 2 years in a row who are worse options than Mitch Trubisky.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 pm Pace might be the worst GM in football.

How do you manage to find 2 qbs 2 years in a row who are worse options than Mitch Trubisky.
Nope, that belongs to Mike Brown of the Bengals
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

I don’t know,.. would you guys prefer dalton at $10M or Cousins at $45M?

A good GM could do A LOT with that $35M
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:31 pm I don’t know,.. would you guys prefer dalton at $10M or Cousins at $45M?

Kirk. Easily.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 pm Pace might be the worst GM in football.

Dalton could provide a lift. Or he could blow. They had to do something. That whole Wilson thing must have been smoke. Same with Watson. The Dolphins are a joke also. Unless they are sold on Tau. And maybe he will jump up. Fitz just left so it's all Tau now. But there's still time to make a deal.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:31 pm I don’t know,.. would you guys prefer dalton at $10M or Cousins at $45M?

I rather have Cousins at $45 million, Cousins is a much better quarterback than Dalton is
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:09 pm

I rather have Cousins at $45 million, Cousins is a much better quarterback than Dalton is
35M goes fast if you sign top guys. Even good GMs miss on FA. Happens every year. I would always take the better QB. It's very hard to find those guys. The Bucs signed a FA QB and boom Super Bowl champs. From 7-9. Signing Thuney won't do that for a team. He was 16M. Two of those and 3m left. QBs are to valuable. They are the most important piece.