Re: Vikings Hire Paul Guenther

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:01 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:22 am
YikesVikes wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:57 pm
Welcome back to the land of 4 DCs. :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:
This hire is just simply "another guy in the room". It's no different than Capers. They dont really have any sort of final say. Just there to help in any kind of way so I dont really mind it.
You know this how? Also, do we really need more voices with 2 DCs and a Defensive head coach? Sometimes too many cooks are a true saying.
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:47 am

YikesVikes wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:01 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:22 am

This hire is just simply "another guy in the room". It's no different than Capers. They dont really have any sort of final say. Just there to help in any kind of way so I dont really mind it.
You know this how? Also, do we really need more voices with 2 DCs and a Defensive head coach? Sometimes too many cooks are a true saying.
Zimmer and Spielman have said that themselves when they hired Kubiak, Capers, etc. They dont have any real position, they just bring more ideas to the table and they look at is as "the more the merrier". I dont think it's a bad hire, I dont think it's a great one either. It's just another guy with experience and ideas.

Do you really think Zim is going to let Guenther or anyone for that matter have any sort of final say over this defense? Come on.... You dont need to know his exact role, it's just common sense. This is Zimmer's defense, his baby, it's where he puts all his time, etc. The Wilfs, Spielman, every coach and even the damn president of the US could be telling Zimmer, this is what we have to do, and it doesnt mean squat to him. He makes the final calls and always will until the day he's fired.
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri