Great News Marwan Maalouf won't be back

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Great News Marwan Maalouf won't be back

Post by Bowhunting Viking » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:28 pm

I just read that our horrid special, well Not So Special, teams have vastly improved already for next year.
Maalouf's contract expires and will not be renewed . So there is a little bit of promising news coming out of Minny
0 x
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Great News Marwan Maalouf won't be back

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:21 pm

Y'know, I shouldn't be surprised at this, but somehow I am. At least a little.

I'm not surprised because under Maalouf, we were only an LA Charger away from having the worst special teams in all of football at any level.

But I'm a little surprised that Mike Zimmer had the good sense to replace him.

Funny how a subtraction is a net gain.
0 x
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:23 am

more importantly.....how are the people who hired these failures being dealt with? I feel there is very little accountability in this organization for spielman/zim......
0 x

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:20 pm

I already posted it a few days ago in the coaching offseason thread
0 x

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:21 pm

Bowhunting Viking wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:28 pm
I just read that our horrid special, well Not So Special, teams have vastly improved already for next year.
Maalouf's contract expires and will not be renewed . So there is a little bit of promising news coming out of Minny
I would not call it promising news if Vikings hire a worse special teams coach than Maalouf
0 x

Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:55 pm

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:21 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:28 pm
I would not call it promising news if Vikings hire a worse special teams coach than Maalouf
Well that's true. I guess that I am trying to conjure up some optimism that we will indeed get someone that will prove to be an improvement. Just trying to assume the best and not the worst. Then you had to go and point out the obvious, since we are Vikings fans, that it isn't a given that it will mean it will get better. Thanks alot pal. Lol.
But ya know with what we witnessed this year, there isn't a whole lot farther we can fall without replacing our special teams players with players resembling the subject of Metallica's song "One".. blind, unable to communicate, move limbs, see . Only being able to hear the things going on around and understanding without the ability respond and act upon it. So I believe it won't be THAT BAD and give us a possibility at improvement. Haha. Sorry but am right now fighting a bout of some severe stomach issues and the meds are causing some strange side effects and am coming up with some pretty odd the wall ideas. So just take it for what it is and cut me a little slack until the temperature drops to a more normal range and I start making sense again. Sorry brothers but i am supplying some pretty off the wall answers and ideas that I will cringe at later. So please just let stay a little goofy and then get back to normal and then get back to Some stable stolid performance that will carry over r mm
0 x

psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:47 pm

Bowhunting Viking wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:55 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:21 pm

Well that's true. I guess that I am trying to conjure up some optimism that we will indeed get someone that will prove to be an improvement. Just trying to assume the best and not the worst. Then you had to go and point out the obvious, since we are Vikings fans, that it isn't a given that it will mean it will get better. Thanks alot pal. Lol.
But ya know with what we witnessed this year, there isn't a whole lot farther we can fall without replacing our special teams players with players resembling the subject of Metallica's song "One".. blind, unable to communicate, move limbs, see . Only being able to hear the things going on around and understanding without the ability respond and act upon it. So I believe it won't be THAT BAD and give us a possibility at improvement. Haha. Sorry but am right now fighting a bout of some severe stomach issues and the meds are causing some strange side effects and am coming up with some pretty odd the wall ideas. So just take it for what it is and cut me a little slack until the temperature drops to a more normal range and I start making sense again. Sorry brothers but i am supplying some pretty off the wall answers and ideas that I will cringe at later. So please just let stay a little goofy and then get back to normal and then get back to Some stable stolid performance that will carry over r mm
Nothing better than a bow hunter on meds! :rofl: Hope you're back to your normal soon :beerock: :smilevike:
0 x

Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:11 pm

psjordan wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:47 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:55 pm

Nothing better than a bow hunter on meds! :rofl: Hope you're back to your normal soon :beerock: :smilevike:
:rofl: :rofl: don't worry the bow is all cleaned, string waxed and back in the case. And the broadheads are all off and stored back in the cabinet.. so everyone is safe. We will get out of the medically induced temporary high phase soon and make sense again. I hate to even go back and read whatever dribble I wrote that I intended to make sense lol.
So until I am back in my right mind I will stick with watching the NFL Channel. SKOL brothers. Hope I got that right!!
0 x